Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

FreeCandy44 wrote:People who don't like the genius of Me First and the Gimme Gimmies.
I would have loved to have been in the crowd the night they played Skyblast. I probably would have been 1 of 20 people that enjoyed the show.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Weren't they booed off stage?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

MRandall25 wrote:I was stuck behind an old guy doing 25 in a 40 yesterday (it was sunny and there was no snow/ice on the road).

If you're that old and can't do the speed limit (or stop on the white line at a red light (he was stopping near the middle of the intersection)), you shouldn't have a drivers license. Period.
At a certain age people should have to start retaking their license test. Most old people are a hazard on the roads.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

FreeCandy44 wrote:People who don't like the genius of Me First and the Gimme Gimmies.

I didn't know that type of person existed.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Weren't they booed off stage?
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... ns-447693/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Admin wrote:People posting erroneous traffic info.
Was that erroneous or erogenous? :)

Cauz erogenous sounds kind of interesting...
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

JS© wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Weren't they booed off stage?
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... ns-447693/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LOL....that's amazing.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate when people have the sniffles. Go blow your **** nose....
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Rylan wrote:I hate when people have the sniffles. Go blow your **** nose....
I hate when people are intolerant of my illnesses :slug:

I agree. It drives me up a wall when people sniff and sniff and refuse to blow their nose.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I am more accepting of it if you blew your nose and it was to no avail and you are still stricken with such an annoying sickness. I can't take the constant repetitive sound.

Which is another pet peeve is constant repetitive sounds cause me to get all messed up.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Couple hotel ones:

Hotel rooms without a fan that can be left on constantly, because 1) I sleep with a fan on at home and need white noise to sleep and 2) Without it, especially on the weekend you get woken up by every dbag loud drunk on your floor or in the room above coming in at all hours of the night

When they put the washcloths on the sink which may or may not even be in the same room as the shower, so when you realize you're in the shower without a washcloth you have to either get out dripping wet and go get one, or towel off, go get it, then get wet again.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

A restaurant one...

I cant stand when i go out to eat and have to listen to someones awful story. Out a dinner tonight, this trashy lady and three of her friends were at the table next to us. She told this hour long story how she is fighting with her family, and not one of the people she was with said a word the entire meal. I tried to block her out, but she was so loud that it was impossible.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Hey hose clamp manufacturers. Would it kill you to make that a phillips head instead of slotted?

shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PghSkins wrote:Couple hotel ones:

Hotel rooms without a fan that can be left on constantly, because 1) I sleep with a fan on at home and need white noise to sleep and 2) Without it, especially on the weekend you get woken up by every dbag loud drunk on your floor or in the room above coming in at all hours of the night
Wow, this goes right to my heart. I am the same exact way, and I hate when the only option is heat or cool thermostat. We've actually brought small fans to bed and breakfasts or whatever because we both like the white noise.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Wow, this goes right to my heart. I am the same exact way, and I hate when the only option is heat or cool thermostat. We've actually brought small fans to bed and breakfasts or whatever because we both like the white noise.
As an aside, did you two know that there is a widely-held belief in South Korea that sleeping in a closed room in which an electric fan has been left running can cause death by hypothermia or asphyxiation? You are cheating death every night!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Mango Salsa wrote:Hey hose clamp manufacturers. Would it kill you to make that a phillips head instead of slotted?

i prefer the flathead because you can jam a penny in there to tighten.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Mango Salsa wrote:Hey hose clamp manufacturers. Would it kill you to make that a phillips head instead of slotted?

oh hey whats up sockets?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shafnutz05 wrote:

Last weeklong trip I took to Florida I went out and got a $12 fan at Big Lots and pitched it at the end of the week. The improvement in sleep I got was well worth it.

On car trips when all 5 of us are staying in the same room, we travel with small fans. If my 5 year old wakes up in the middle of the night, we're all going to be up in the middle of the night.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Dear Lord. The cab I'm currently imprisoned in in Ft Lauderdale smells of fermented fart nightmare.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Juice wrote:

oh hey whats up sockets?

Not always available. Had to do up a couple clamps at work the other day. They were in an awkward position that made them hard to tighten with a flat screwdriver. Found a socket set. The clamps had different size heads. No ratchet. After 10 minutes of fiddling around I found the two sockets I needed, used a straight screwdriver in the end where the ratchet goes and was able to get them tightened. All of that could've been avoided with a phillips.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

He who smelt it dealt it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Shyster wrote:He who smelt it dealt it.
I am no longer capable of smell perception. Sight also failing.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

One of my biggest ones:

When people make left turns at a 45 degree angle (or less) and then glare at you because you're in their way. If you could make a left turn the way it's supposed to be done, nobody would have any issues!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Buy.com being rebranded as Ratuken.com. I'm not even sure if that's spelled right. I get that they were bought out, but what is easier to type into a browser?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

JS© wrote:Buy.com being rebranded as Ratuken.com. I'm not even sure if that's spelled right. I get that they were bought out, but what is easier to type into a browser?
Ratuken sounds like something I will need a roll of paper towels and some Mr. Clean to wipe off the floor.