Rick Dipietro

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Rick Dipietro

Post by The Snapshot »

Not sure what TT is trying to argue. DiPietro was a great young goalie, the kind who could turn away 40 shots a night and make spectacularly athletic saves. If he was healthy, he would have been worth every penny of his deal and he would be a steal at this point in his career. The lesson is that long term deals, even when the guy would still be young enough to play at the end of it, are bad ideas for the reasons that bit the Isles.

It has nothing to do with whether he was good enough to warrant that annual salary, because he was. He's now a cautionary tale of why 15 year deals, even for a young star, are stupid.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Tim Thomasen wrote:When he plays he isn't spectacular either.
Jacques Plante would have trouble looking spectacular with the dreck the Isles have played in front of DP most of his career.....
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

RICK IS HEALTHY NOW!

Awesome. I wish I could get an alert when he will start a game. I am really interested to see him perform! I guess he will play some games before retiring in 2022? :)

Ricky really needs support now, dont you think? I hope all Isles fan will get behind him when he plays!!!?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Rylan wrote:Yea why is it cool to make fun of DiPietro? I have heard or seen him do anything deserving of the incessant ripping. Had he not been extremely injury prone, a terrible curse to an athlete, he would have been a top 10 goalie in the league
I wonder how injury prone he would be if NHL money was not guaranteed.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pitts wrote:
Rylan wrote:Yea why is it cool to make fun of DiPietro? I have heard or seen him do anything deserving of the incessant ripping. Had he not been extremely injury prone, a terrible curse to an athlete, he would have been a top 10 goalie in the league
I wonder how injury prone he would be if NHL money was not guaranteed.
Thats a tad harsh on Ricky, don´t you think?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Reports out there are correct: #Isles have acquired G Tim Thomas for a conditional 2nd-rounder in either 2014 or 2015.