Steve Sullivan...

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Patton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Steve Sullivan...

Post by Patton »

...hat trick tonight.
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Steve Sullivan...

Post by RPKJr429 »

:pop:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Fire Shero. Hire Sullivan.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Patton wrote:...hat trick tonight against the worst team in the NHL.
Fixed for you.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

Sullivan would've been okay if we didn't have Kennedy. I don't care what their stats say, both are 5'8" at best. There was a time vs Philly last playoffs he had TK Crosby Sully out there, and it just looked pathetic. Sully was a great guy, good year, but we have Kennedy.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard Sullivan, for whatever reason, wanted a 2 year deal to stay here. Pens weren't willing to oblige, thanked him for last season, and told him to start looking elsewhere.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

...is no longer a Penguin.
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Hawkeynut »

..is soff
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

NPR, stop crying.
iWonTheCup87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by iWonTheCup87 »

who cares?
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens15 »

netwolf wrote:Take this with a grain of salt, but I heard Sullivan, for whatever reason, wanted a 2 year deal to stay here. Pens weren't willing to oblige, thanked him for last season, and told him to start looking elsewhere.
So he takes a one year deal in PHX instead. Idk, maybe but I don't buy it.

Not just saying this because he had an HT, I actually kicked up some fuss on this back in the summer. I'd dig up my post for proof but I'm posting via mobile. But Shero really should have brought him back, there was no downside at all. At the time people thought he was allowed to walk because we had better options lined up, like Parise or Doan, or somebody. Had we known then that Shero would let Sullivan walk with no legitimate top six replacement, people would have been like, WTF.

Now look. We have a huge hole in the top six, praying Tangradi works out, talking about rushing Bennett, or banking on unlikely trade scenarios. Big whiff by Shero. He needed to grab somebody, Sully or otherwise.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Sullivan is a turd
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

@Pens15

Maybe he already had a house in Phoenix, and said the only way I can stay in Pittsburgh is to give me 2 years to commit so he could buy a house here, instead he went back to his already owned home in Phoenix. A lot of factors we don't think about. Sully worked out for the price but even as good as it worked, I still don't think he was that great of a fit in some areas.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens15 »

Nizzy wrote:@Pens15

Maybe he already had a house in Phoenix, and said the only way I can stay in Pittsburgh is to give me 2 years to commit so he could buy a house here, instead he went back to his already owned home in Phoenix. A lot of factors we don't think about. Sully worked out for the price but even as good as it worked, I still don't think he was that great of a fit in some areas.
I seem to recall some chatter at the time that Sully was interested in returning but Shero took a pass. You're right though, we don't know.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

He also went scoreless in the first two games, but for some reason nobody cared.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I liked Sullivan, good for him.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

FallenHero96 wrote:I liked Sullivan, good for him.
ditto

vs. worst team in the league

ditto

NPR
ditto
Patton
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Patton »

My bad for posting to the wrong forum, thought it might qualify as pens related. Just thought is was interesting and might feed the bridge jumpers a bit after last night.

In all honesty, was never a huge fan of Sullivan on the pens, seemed like Shero was trying to catch some guerin magic again by bringing in a veteran, but Sullivan was the totally wrong kind of player. The reason Guerin worked out, other than being Bill Guerin,was because he filled a similar role to Kunitz. He brought that grit. Right now I think that's a killer, that the pens don't have a Kunitz or Guerin on the second line. That's one of the reasons I question whether bringing a Bennett type up is the right move, unless it pushes Kunitz to Malkin's line, and Dupuis somehow fills that role on Crosby's wing. Is Kevin Stevens available?lol Sully was never that type of player, though I'm glad to seem him do well, as he seemed like a nice enough guy.

But I have no reservations in saying that you guys absolutely know more about this stuff than me, so feel free to tear my thoughts apart. I'm just glad to get to troll most of the time and get to see your guys thought processes on things. This site's a virtual cornucopia of knowledge that sure beats trying to talk hockey down here in NC, so thanks for that y'all.