A warz mod sign up thread: VOL 3

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: A warz mod sign up thread: VOL 3

Post by MRandall25 »

redwill wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:2Pac and Biggie Warz starts after canaan's game.
Get your sign-up thread going, P.Diddy.
I posted it at like 3, homeslice
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Haha. Blind homeslice is blind.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

i have something brewing as well, but it wont be ready for quite a while.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I'll do the game after mrandall if there is enough interest.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kaizer wrote:i have something brewing as well, but it wont be ready for quite a while.
try eating fiber
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

redwill wrote:I would like to do a warz game based on Dune (the novel by Frank Herbert). I've been toying with the idea for a year or more.

Unfortunately, with the current lack of interest, I don't think I could get enough serious players. The subject is so rich that I would want at least 20, if not 25, players. Plus a co-mod who knows Dune and could help flesh out some ideas. With me and such a co-mod out as players, I don't think I could get the numbers.

It's a damn shame.
I'm up to co-mod such a game... but I think you are right, would need a good 25 for such a structure.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Willie Kool wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:What kind of game?
:thumb:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

relantel wrote:
redwill wrote:I would like to do a warz game based on Dune (the novel by Frank Herbert). I've been toying with the idea for a year or more.

Unfortunately, with the current lack of interest, I don't think I could get enough serious players. The subject is so rich that I would want at least 20, if not 25, players. Plus a co-mod who knows Dune and could help flesh out some ideas. With me and such a co-mod out as players, I don't think I could get the numbers.

It's a damn shame.
I'm up to co-mod such a game... but I think you are right, would need a good 25 for such a structure.
how thorough would this game be? would it be the main houses, the fremen, the guild, etc? i mean the game based on herbert's universe could be pretty complex....to the point where if you had people who didnt know about the subject matter, they could get lost/confused.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

relantel wrote:

It's a damn shame.
if you do a sign up far in advance, with more than one reminder PM to everyone as the game approaches, it can happen.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:how thorough would this game be? would it be the main houses, the fremen, the guild, etc? i mean the game based on herbert's universe could be pretty complex....to the point where if you had people who didnt know about the subject matter, they could get lost/confused.
Spoiler:
Well, I was toying with the idea of

House Atreides
House Harkonnen
House Corrino (Imperial House)
Bene Gesserit
Fremen
Guild

as factions, each with certain minor, but different, abilities and with 3-4 (or even 4-5, if possible) players each. I would try to work in worms, spice, storms, treachery, factional battles, individual duels, alliances, and a few other surprises.

But I've put it on the back-burner because it is too radical and complex and there are some major issues that my feeble mind can't work out.

I hope to come back to it some day.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Kaizer wrote:if you do a sign up far in advance, with more than one reminder PM to everyone as the game approaches, it can happen.
I agree that it could happen, but we've tried it before. Problem is that it gets to about 18-20, then it languishes, and as time moves on, people who have signed up sometimes get other commitments and drop out. Furthermore, the players who sign up after about 20 often aren't that into the game.

It's hard to believe that we once had a game with 34 players (and 148 pages in the game thread)! Check out the player list for Jellyfish Invasion I:
Spoiler:
canaan
beerman
cup keeper
count2infinity
redwill
wallflower
Pavel Bure
Azkar
Senka
thehockeyguru
npv708
tfrizz
Zarovich
MWB
dagny
Letang Is The Truth
slappybrown
mac5155
Hockeynut!
shafnutz05
Troy Loney
newarenanow
PensFanInDC
sdm5055
jwienand
crayz
Kicksave
jaysmiter
Malkamaniac
Irish Eyes
penscup
Twisted Wrister
Juice
relantel
I'm not at all complaining that there is a lack of interest right now, since we've had some great games with great participation lately, but 34 players is incredible.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

The spice expands consciousness
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

DocEmrick wrote:The spice expands consciousness
Maybe we should meet up, snort some spice (or whatever you have handy), and with our expanded consciousness get this game off the ground.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

canaan wrote:
relantel wrote:

It's a damn shame.
how thorough would this game be? would it be the main houses, the fremen, the guild, etc? i mean the game based on herbert's universe could be pretty complex....to the point where if you had people who didnt know about the subject matter, they could get lost/confused.
esp if they majored in something worthwhile in college, like Information Technology :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Any advice on getting more people to partake in this game?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

In the past, the reason I think we had such great participation is we did like 1 game every 4-6 months... they were rare. Now its like 5 minutes after one ends another is ready to go. It's fun, sure. but maybe thats a thought.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

redwill wrote:
Kaizer wrote:if you do a sign up far in advance, with more than one reminder PM to everyone as the game approaches, it can happen.
I agree that it could happen, but we've tried it before. Problem is that it gets to about 18-20, then it languishes, and as time moves on, people who have signed up sometimes get other commitments and drop out. Furthermore, the players who sign up after about 20 often aren't that into the game.

It's hard to believe that we once had a game with 34 players (and 148 pages in the game thread)! Check out the player list for Jellyfish Invasion I:
Spoiler:
canaan
beerman
cup keeper
count2infinity
redwill
wallflower
Pavel Bure
Azkar
Senka
thehockeyguru
npv708
tfrizz
Zarovich
MWB
dagny
Letang Is The Truth
slappybrown
mac5155
Hockeynut!
shafnutz05
Troy Loney
newarenanow
PensFanInDC
sdm5055
jwienand
crayz
Kicksave
jaysmiter
Malkamaniac
Irish Eyes
penscup
Twisted Wrister
Juice
relantel
I'm not at all complaining that there is a lack of interest right now, since we've had some great games with great participation lately, but 34 players is incredible.

I think JI:1 was my first game. That was a hoot.

I forget how TWC got me to play, whether it was chat or something, but I was hooked, so much so I went back and read older games. Not all of them, but a good couple.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

MRandall25 wrote:Any advice on getting more people to partake in this game?
spam NHR
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I'm not sure I see that as a priority right now. The games have a good solid 18 or so players right now, and that's fine for a fun game. I admit that I would like to see a 25-30 player game again, but that will probably come in time.

There are a lot of really good players who aren't playing right now because of other commitments or whatever: players like columbia, the wicked child, thehockeyguru, tfrizz, PFiDC, crayz, Malkamaniac, Senka, Azkar, Pavel Bure, and many others. They'll come back eventually, I suppose. I'm very happy to see the enthusiastic newer players like you, Kaizer, and CBear3. Maybe a few others will join, but frankly, I'm not interested if they're not enthusiastic. Some players come in and get hooked, others try it and it's not their thing. That's cool.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the biggest thing against the current game is the start of the hockey season...which usually curtails involvement.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Yeah, I can always wait, too. I definitely need at least 18 for my idea to work. Doesn't have to start next week.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

canaan wrote:the biggest thing against the current game is the start of the hockey season...which usually curtails involvement.
that seems to work both ways. hockey season brings people back to the board. But also more to pay attention to on the board.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Look through the previous 4 or 5 games, and send PM's to stragglers who haven't checked yet, or maybe have taken a brief hiatus from Warz.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

MRandall25 wrote:Yeah, I can always wait, too. I definitely need at least 18 for my idea to work. Doesn't have to start next week.
if you have to postpone the start, dont do it until the last minute. the voodoo game picked up like 6 players in the 2 days before it began.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I'll be honest while the non warZ players like it, she separate forum probably minorly hurts.