Rick Dipietro

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Rick Dipietro

Post by Fire0nice228 »

His official team photo.

Your Welcome
Spoiler:
this pic has been floating around for awhile but I thought it was funny..what is this guy doing? Brent Johnson punch permanently screw up his gray matter? I especially like the green bead necklace he has on to go along with his hippie hair
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Rick Dipietro

Post by canaan »

there is a jesus doesnt save joke in there somewhere.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Jesus saves. DiPietro lets in the rebound.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Jesus saves. DiPietro watches from the bench.
FTFY
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

If not for the necklace people would rave about how cool and badass he looks.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't really see a problem. That hair would have fit in with the golden age of hockey. Also, while that contract is hilarious, given what happened to him, I don't really have a problem with DiPietro. He could have been good.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Yea why is it cool to make fun of DiPietro? I have heard or seen him do anything deserving of the incessant ripping. Had he not been extremely injury prone, a terrible curse to an athlete, he would have been a top 10 goalie in the league
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Maybe top 10, but certainly not horrible. It just perplexes me that people let him take on some of the hating when he plays for the Isles. Who doesn't want to throw everything they have at making fun of them? :pop:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

There's probably some story about how he was doing a charity and some girl with cancer gave him that necklace to wear. Back off.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't really see a problem. That hair would have fit in with the golden age of hockey. Also, while that contract is hilarious, given what happened to him, I don't really have a problem with DiPietro. He could have been good.
Key word is "could of", there's no guarentees that would of happen. Anyways people make fun of him because his body is made of glass and he's not that good but gets paid like he is. I don't got too much of a problem when people makes fun of him.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Idoit40fans wrote:His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.
He has a cap hit of $4.5 million, that's alot of money paid to him for what he brings to the table. When he plays he isn't spectacular either. He doesn't play is because he isn't good and because he's injury prone. All of this is the reason people gives him crap and rightfully so.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Give him a guitar and he's a rock star, lol. He looks good. I know a ton of girls who would have a giant crush on him looking like that.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:His annual cap hit is below what he was capable of. The only reason he's bad is because he never plays. The knock on him is that he's fragile, not that he's bad.
He has a cap hit of $4.5 million, that's alot of money paid to him for what he brings to the table. When he plays he isn't spectacular either. He doesn't play is because he isn't good and because he's injury prone. All of this is the reason people gives him crap and rightfully so.
No he doesn't play because he's hurt. Thats all. He was never bad. If you believe that, then you never watched him for any meaningful amount of time.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

DiPietro was gonna be sick if not for injuries...I'm trying to live out Rick DiPietro's career vicariously through Jack Campbell...let's see how it turns out...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
No he doesn't play because he's hurt. Thats all. He was never bad. If you believe that, then you never watched him for any meaningful amount of time.
This man speaks truth
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I wish him all the best
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Brett Burns picture is a lot worse than that
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Worse as in awesomer?
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
This man speaks truth
Not really and given the fact he had played in the same division as us and I watch that team from time to time since I have CI, I have watched him for a meaningful amount of time and I was impressed with him, his style of play or his reflexes. He just was good enough to warrant tht big contract.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Sure that isn't Russell Brand?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
This man speaks truth
Not really and given the fact he had played in the same division as us and I watch that team from time to time since I have CI, I have watched him for a meaningful amount of time and I was impressed with him, his style of play or his reflexes. He just was good enough to warrant tht big contract.
I think you forgot not one, but two "not"s.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Or he just doesn't know what he's arguing. Before getting hit by injuries, he was worth that annual cap hit, if not the long term contract.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I agree that DiPietro had all the tools to be a top goalie for a long time. A shame, really.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Dipietro was incredible when he was healthy. Not much of a debate, really.