WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: WW XXIV: An Ode to lycanthropy (Game Thread)

Post by shafnutz05 »

ulf wrote:Shaf's play is that the real angel would have come out by now
I think some others have made this case on my behalf, but that hasn't been my play. I've stated my reasons:

1) When reds claim to be seer, they nearly ALWAYS list a dead player that they saw to try and give themselves legitimacy. In CBear's case, it was the only player in the game that was dead at the time.

2) I find it works out rather nicely that, immediately after I had to come out as the angel, CBear just happens to be the seer. Not the vig, but the only other green RP that is not exactly expendable.

3) This entire played situation leads right into Day 2, where Cbear can claim that he saw me last night and get rid of me during the day. I emphasize again, there is motive to that. I can protect myself at night, but I am ripe for the lynching just like any other blue. For the reds to get the village to lynch an angel, that is one hell of a coup.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

why is cbear going so hard after a regular blue?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

nvm i didn't put that the way i wanted. you came out a little early, imo. i'm just not buying it
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

How did I come out early? I tried to bide my time and talk about how I really wanted to play this game since I got killed on night 1 last game. Which is actually true, but I was using that because I didn't want to come out too early, and I was hoping I could sway away from the random.

I don't think I claimed until we were five or six votes in, and it was apparent that the village was going with me.

And ulf, can you explain this statement to me?
ulf wrote:why is cbear going so hard after a regular blue?
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Except again, you falsify the time line to make point two work for you. I came out as seer before you're role claim as angel, something you even pointed out as a role claim two pages before you falsely claim yourself a the angel.

I thought the village would be screwed with 2/3rds the greens outed so I saw you in the hopes you were lying. You came back red. It's a great break for the Village since it means two greens are still hidden.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

shafnutz05 wrote: And ulf, can you explain this statement to me?
ulf wrote:why is cbear going so hard after a regular blue?
ulf wrote:nvm i didn't put that the way i wanted
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I think it's a great play by shad to either a) kill our seer or b) get the angel to come out. Does anyone else see this?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I forgot about your subtle "this wouldn't be good for the village" line you dropped earlier in Day 2.

My other points still stand.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ulf wrote:I think it's a great play by shad to either a) kill our seer or b) get the angel to come out. Does anyone else see this?
You could say the same exact thing about CBear3 though, and that's what I don't get:

"I think it's a great play by CBear3 to either a) kill our angel or b) get the seer to come out. Does anyone else see this?"
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

shafnutz05 wrote:
ulf wrote:I think it's a great play by shad to either a) kill our seer or b) get the angel to come out. Does anyone else see this?
You could say the same exact thing about CBear3 though, and that's what I don't get:

"I think it's a great play by CBear3 to either a) kill our angel or b) get the seer to come out. Does anyone else see this?"
except cbear was already out as seer when you made your claim. so no.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Troy Loney wrote:The angel is the most valuable player in the game. Why would i vote him out? In the oft chance that the seer is able to stay hidden and maybe peg one bad guy before he gets killed?
why is the angel the MVP? i'd rather have a dead angel than Seer. i dont know which of them to believe, but i think killing shaf is the safer play. the seer is still hidden if he's red, and if hes the angel, we toast cbear.

lynch shaf
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

shafnutz05 wrote:I forgot about your subtle "this wouldn't be good for the village" line you dropped earlier in Day 2.

LOL, and now you conveniently select quoted it to leave off, I don't SEE this being good for the village.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

CBEAR WAS NOT OUT AS THE SEER!!!!

He didn't actually come out as the seer and say he saw Kraftster until AFTER I came out as the angel. That is an absolute fact. He made that subtle statement about being important to the village, but that was it. You and CBear are both screwing up this timeline right now.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

CBear3 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I forgot about your subtle "this wouldn't be good for the village" line you dropped earlier in Day 2.

LOL, and now you conveniently select quoted it to leave off, I don't SEE this being good for the village.
Show of hands, did anyone else even notice your "see" thing? Because I certainly didn't, I just saw a vague statement about it being bad for the village.

This is my entire point, and why your claim sounds absolutely full of crap. I am not conveniently omitting anything, I didn't even notice it.

I have to run out for a little bit, but honestly, we are about to kill the frigging angel for the reds. I can't emphasize enough how horrible of a decision that would be.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

shafnutz05 wrote:CBEAR WAS NOT OUT AS THE SEER!!!!

He didn't actually come out as the seer and say he saw Kraftster until AFTER I came out as the angel. That is an absolute fact. He made that subtle statement about being important to the village, but that was it. You and CBear are both screwing up this timeline right now.
I consider the statement about being important to the village as coming out.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

He came out as some kind of ostensibly good RP, but it was extraordinarily vague. Unless a couple people picked up on that "see" thing, he didn't announce himself as the seer until later, when he was kind enough to let us know that the dead Kraftster was blue.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

DocEmrick wrote:
Rylan wrote:I am going to refrain from voting on Cbear.
Everyone missed this? Possible role claim? Hinting at something?

This has been a whirlwind first day.
Letang Is The Truth wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:I don't see my death working out well for the village.
Is this a role claim? It might as well be.
trying to our green RPs already?

blue cbear

yellow shad
Letang Is The Truth wrote:i think that people picked up on it pretty clearly.......
obhave wrote:Doc, I'm sure most people saw that and didn't want to draw extra attention just in case...

MRandell just seems excited to participate, comes off as an overzealous blue.

There's your "show of hands" Shaf.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

The actual quote in question, that shaf and Doc call a roll claim and that Rylan then says he won't vote for me. It comes two pages before Shaf tries to claim the angel
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Yes, I see that and I see what shad is saying and either could be true. It's why I haven't voted yet, but right now I'm leaning toward CBear. If this is a straight WW game, the angel should be able to protect themself every night, no? So the 'real' seer would be hesitant to come out, while the 'real' angel would have nothing to lose.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Did I ever tell you...the definition...of insanity?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Alright, I am going to make it as clear as possible to everyone that is reading, CBear is purposely misrepresenting what both Doc and obhave were saying. They didn't say ANYTHING about the "see" comment, they were talking about the general role claim.

I know everyone noticed your role claim, that is not in dispute. What is in dispute is who made the specific claim first, and it was me. Not that it is some ironclad proof that I am green, but you are trying awful hard to pretend you outed yourself as the seer early, and it simply isn't true.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

ulf wrote: There's your "show of hands" Shaf.
so yes, he was out because ,well, everyone understood the role claim.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Excuse me, that should have said LITT and obhave. They were merely pointing out that yes, the role claim was made but people weren't really talking about it, just removing their votes. Which makes sense.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

CBear3 wrote:
The actual quote in question, that shaf and Doc call a roll claim and that Rylan then says he won't vote for me. It comes two pages before Shaf tries to claim the angel
This isn't dispute....lol. You didn't come out as the seer, however. At least not in a way that anyone noticed.

It's so transparent it's ridiculous.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

wait so because he didn't say "I'M THE SEER GUYS!!!111!!!" ?? I mean, read my previous post quoting everyone. It was widely understood as a green role claim.