Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

My point is the shell should be pulled off before it's cooked. It's lazy prep work by the kitchen. Pulling it off after it's covered in sauce is a pain.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I'd be more mad if the pasta sauce is skimped on. I like a lot of sauce.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:When you get a pasta dish with shrimp at a restaurant and the shell is left on the tail.
Hmm. That would annoy me too.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

People who get road rage for the most stupidest reasons. I can see someone honking the horn or giving you the bird if you did something that could of contributed to a accident, but that's it.

Last night while I walking out of the Lewis Black show at Heinz Hall, I walked past the parking garage next to it. A cab stopped at the exit to the garage blocking the car from getting out. As a result the guy honked his horn a long period of time, shouting obsenities I can't name here and said "All you f'n cab drivers are all alike".

Seriously dude, acting like a maniac isn't going to get you out of that garage and the city any quicker so just shut up. And even if that cab driver didn't block you, you wouldn't have gotten home any faster.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Lewis Black.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

PghSkins wrote:Lewis Black.
It was a great show. There were times I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Really glad I went.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

A woman I know just posted a photo of her two sons on Facebook (estimate about three or four?), bare naked in the bathroom, urinating. Full nudity. Wtf is wrong with some of these mothers?

And naturally it has like sixty likes, and a handful of enabler "OMG THAT IS ADORABLE" comments
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shafnutz05 wrote:A woman I know just posted a photo of her two sons on Facebook (estimate about three or four?), bare naked in the bathroom, urinating. Full nudity. Wtf is wrong with some of these mothers?

And naturally it has like sixty likes, and a handful of enabler "OMG THAT IS ADORABLE" comments
That is absolutely stupid. Its one thing to put your own entire life on Facebook. Its another to wreck your kid's...
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

Rylan wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:A woman I know just posted a photo of her two sons on Facebook (estimate about three or four?), bare naked in the bathroom, urinating. Full nudity. Wtf is wrong with some of these mothers?

That is absolutely stupid. Its one thing to put your own entire life on Facebook. Its another to wreck your kid's...
Completely agree.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Being in New England when the Patriots are doing well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So being in New England?
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by MelicharSux »

Three Stars wrote:Being in New England when the Patriots are doing well.
Being in Baltimore when the Ravens are doing well.

:scared:
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Troy Loney wrote:So being in New England?
Well, last year's Super Bowl loss was schadenfreudelicious.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

that's kind of how I feel about living in Philly. It's nauseating when they have success (beating the Pens last year, Phillies WS win), but the delight I take in their miseries (the last two Eagles seasons) more than makes up for it.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I think this is more of a rational pet peeve, but...

Restaurants that offer happy hour specials, but are only offered to patrons that sit in the bar area. We were at TGI Friday's last week, and we asked our server about any appetizer specials, and she said that there were some, but you have to be sitting in the bar to get them. Sorry that I don't want to make my 18 month old eat at the bar. Honestly, I dont know how places can even get away with it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I think this is more of a rational pet peeve, but...

Restaurants that offer happy hour specials, but are only offered to patrons that sit in the bar area. We were at TGI Friday's last week, and we asked our server about any appetizer specials, and she said that there were some, but you have to be sitting in the bar to get them. Sorry that I don't want to make my 18 month old eat at the bar. Honestly, I dont know how places can even get away with it.
I could be wrong, but I think the idea is that if you are up in the bar area, you are probably drinking beer, and if they have the happy hour specials up there, it will drive in more people to buy beer which probably has a higher margin and a better chance to get people to stay there longer as well.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

newarenanow wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I think this is more of a rational pet peeve, but...

I could be wrong, but I think the idea is that if you are up in the bar area, you are probably drinking beer, and if they have the happy hour specials up there, it will drive in more people to buy beer which probably has a higher margin and a better chance to get people to stay there longer as well.
I agree, as what you are saying makes complete sense. I am just surprised that no one has ever made a public stink about 2 people can to go the same restaurant at the same time, order the same thing, but be charged differently based on their seat. I remember we went to Damon's a while back for happy hour (Damon's used to have a great happy hour), and the bar was packed, so it was either leave or sit at a regular table and pay full price. We even asked our server if we could get the specials since the bar was full and we wanted to sit there, and they said no.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

cheesesteak w egg is going to be the rosa parks of happy hour specials
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

The new addition that Facebook made to their status bar that asks "How are you feeling" or "What's happening?"

Paraprasing Michel Therrien, Facebook "pretend to care but I know dey don't care." Just load your page and stop pretending to be concerned with my well-being.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

A discussion, in any forum, about the volume level of the fans in the Consol Energy Center. As if any hockey player anywhere has ever said, “Boy, I’m sure that shot I took in the second period would have gone in if only the crowd had been 8 decibels louder.”
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Shyster (the Usurper), yesterday I heard Midge Ure and Ultravox's song, "If I Was," for the first time in about 15 years. I nominate it to be paired with your favorite Joan Osborne song on your grammar peeve list. 8-)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

People posting erroneous traffic info.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I was stuck behind an old guy doing 25 in a 40 yesterday (it was sunny and there was no snow/ice on the road).

If you're that old and can't do the speed limit (or stop on the white line at a red light (he was stopping near the middle of the intersection)), you shouldn't have a drivers license. Period.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

This Cisco Arena Cam on NHLN where they have to look up to the heavens for the camera. "Hey, you're the #1 star, put on this headset and sit in the front row of the movie theater"
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

People who don't like the genius of Me First and the Gimme Gimmies.