The Flyers will have opportunity to buyout Bryz's contract

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Flyers will have opportunity to buyout Bryz's contra

Post by Lt. Dish »

canaan wrote:If I were a guessing man, the flyers would be moving read or if overpaying couturier which would be cool with me
From your keyboard to the hockey gods' ears...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

And from Luongo himself 25 min. ago:

Strombone ‏@strombone1
If this keeps up I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to go on meds........
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Lt. Dish wrote:
canaan wrote:If I were a guessing man, the flyers would be moving read or if overpaying couturier which would be cool with me
From your keyboard to the hockey gods' ears...
I think it's a pipedream thinking the Flyers would really part with B. Schenn, Read, or Couturier for Luongo.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I think you're underestimating the Flyers.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

MRandall25 wrote:I think you're underestimating the Flyers.
8-) :lol:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
pens#1 wrote:what is Vancover looking for Roberto? Id like to see Philly trade away some young talent
The buzz on HF, inspired by an Adrian Dater tweet, is that Canucks want Grossmann, but that's unlikely, so they'll ask for Brayden Schenn.

adater ‏@adater
If unlikely Canucks get Grossman for Luongo, backup ask is for Schenn

adater‏@adater
@FlyersNation @jsaquella Sorry. Brayden

Oh, yes, please. Funny that VAN would value Grossmann > B. Schenn, no?
I'm not sure I trust the Avs beat writer, who rarely gets Avs things right it seems, to know specific players in this deal, especially because neither make a ton of sense...

Anyway, yeah, I don't get why either player would make a ton of sense. The Flyers defense is hurting after they lost their entire top pairing. It seems that Bruno Gervais could dress opening night for crying out glaven...they gave Grossman(n) an extension before this shabockle happened too...though, that would make the third player in two years that was traded before playing a game on their extension, right? (Carter, VanRiemsdyk)

The Canucks don't really need Grossman(n)'s services either...in fact, they seem to be trying to shake Keith Ballard and his salary. Though, they are not at all similar in playing style, I'd find it odd that the Canucks would want to bring in a third pairing defensive defenseman at that salary when it's a puck-mover that they lost in Salo AND seek to lose in Ballard. And Edler is an UFA this offseason too, if memory serves...

Brayden Schenn would be an odd choice too. The Flyers just paid a pretty hefty sum to get his brother Luke from Toronto, it seems likely that they would play one NHL game together, right? He helps Vancouver as Ryan Kesler will likely miss almost half the season thanks to a shoulder injury, and the other option for them is even less proven (middling prospect Jordan Schroeder). Schenn fills the "quality two-way centerman with second line potential" need that the organization created when they dealt Cody Hodgson for abrasive winger Zach Kassian...

I just can't see Philadelphia going and getting Luongo...but stranger, stupider things have happened.

I know it's unpopular now, but I've never been a "what have you done for me yesterday" fan, Luongo makes the Flyers a contender...I said that about Bryzgalov too though and he imploded when he got there...Luongo has regressed technically as a goaltender since leaving Florida...he sits back deep in his net now and seems to fight the puck a lot more...he did really well as a relatively care-free (but still trying, obviously) goalie in Florida where he faced a lot of rubber and was the focal point of the team...in Vancouver, he seems to be struggling with the pressure a bit and it's taking a toll on his game...nothing says "the pressure is off" for a goalie like leaving Vancouver and going to Toronto or Philadelphia...holy cow...just go back to Florida...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

The whole thing is nuts, which makes it delicious...
Metalmike
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Metalmike »

They said on Wednesday that the Flyers would be interested in Luongo once they buy out Bryz's contract.
We're used to these types of Flyers goaltender moves. They have made a history of it ever since Hextall retired. That's why they are stuck in the 1970's and why they wont ever win a Cup.

Metal Mike, Canada's #1 Penguins Fan.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

can't buy out Bryz til next summer...by then, I think it'll be too late to get Luongo...
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

Luongo or Bryz. Both have a chance of actually being good for them. The good part about trading for Luongo(from a lgp view obviously) is that they give up something and get back basicly what they already have, oh please let it be Coturier.

So if we ignore the fact that Luongo is more fun for Pens to play against, and it was Pens that was getting one of them instead, which would you have? I think Bryz stands a better chance of bouncing back this season, but he seems like a rather weird personality (maybe that's why they want to swap for Luongo?)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Holmgren denied it according to the Philly media.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Holmgren denied it according to the Philly media.
Which means he's at least inquired. He totally denied shopping Leadership, Carter, and van Riemsdyk, and voilà...