Huselius retires at age 34

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Huselius retires at age 34

Post by JS© »

Kristian Huselius forced to quit
AIK's Star: "I can barely lift the left leg"

Deserving Kristian Huselius, with nine NHL seasons on his CV, was seen as a savior when he signed for AIK on 17 December.
He made an instant success - but it was not long before his old hip injury made itself felt.
"Dad" was forced to step down in loss match against Skelleftea January 3 - and today he reveals the Sportbladet it's over.

For good.

- I plugged in my voltaren, but can barely lift the left leg. It is no longer, sadly, he says.
- Sad that it has come to this. I have to take voltaren the whole time.

Huselius managed to produce three points (2 +1) in three matches in AIK before he is forced to thank individually.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/h ... 6036478.ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anybody know what "voltaren" is?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Huselius retires at age 34

Post by canaan »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diclofenac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

voltaren

this is mildly interesting (from the wiki)
Use of diclofenac in animals has been reported to have led to a sharp decline in the vulture population in the Indian Subcontinent, 95% decline in 2003,[26] 99.9% decline as of 2008. The mechanism is, it is presumed, renal failure, a known side effect of diclofenac. Vultures eat the carcasses of livestock that have been administered veterinary diclofenac, and are poisoned by the accumulated chemical,[27] as vultures do not have a particular enzyme to break down diclofenac. At a meeting of the National Wildlife Board in March 2005, the Government of India announced it intended to phase out the veterinary use of diclofenac.[28]
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

lol you lost me
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Voltaren is an anti-inflammatory gel (NSAID).
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

mikey287 wrote:Voltaren is an anti-inflammatory gel (NSAID).
correct. I was just prescribed this stuff for a lingering elbow problem. it's great stuff but definitely not a cure-all.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Too bad he was a former 30/20+ goal scorer, very talented.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Topped out at 77 points in the NHL, but talent wise he was more than that.

Minus an unhampered Forsberg he's the best player I've seen in the SEL. His 00/01 season in Frolunda and 04/05 (lockout) season in Linkoping were out of this world. He would've won the 04/05 scoring race (a hampered Forsberg his only competition PPG wise unless you count Alfredsson and Naslund who only played around 10 games) with some margin had not "the incident" forced Linkoping to end his contract.

Exceptional talent both scoring and playmaking wise. Never got it all together in the NHL. Kind of like early Naslund and to a lesser extent Nylander. A swedish Mozorov with some more NHL success, I guess.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I was a big fan of Huselius growing up actually. I remember when he got waived about 6 or 7 years ago and then was part of a trade...and I didn't quite understand the business of the game yet so I sent a question to Scott Cullen who did a column called "Mail Bag" on TSN and I said something along the lines of "how did no one claim Huselius? I would have claimed him off waivers just to hang out with...be friends..." and some other nonsense and Scott actually took the question and answered it with that line in there...

/not so csb