What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: What current ad campaign makes you contemplate homicide?

Post by PghSkins »

What a great day, this is Jim Shorkey Kia!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

There is a Special K commercial that involves various women jumping up onto a scale barefoot. The commercial only shows the feet of the women. It also involves an annoying song. I'm not a "feet" person so this commercial creeps me out but I'm sure Rex Ryan loves it.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

60sixx wrote:Obnoxious girl and her KFC "Game Day Box go boom".................................DIE.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7wyp/kfc-gameday-box-go-boom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everyone in it is awful. It's an awful commercial.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

CBS spots...as a Colts fan, all of our games are on CBS (I guess Steelers fans can relate) and for some reason, when CBS goes through their lineup and tell me how "this is the #1 new, romantic comedy with a vegetarian on Tuesdays at 9:30" it just rubs me the wrong way...

On that note, has anyone ever seen that "2 Broke Girls" show...? I pray that they don't use their best material for the spots because if they do, that has to be the worst show about a whore(s) I've seen on network television...I thought the nerd show was bad, but this two broke girls thing just seems brutal...
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

DudeMan2766 wrote:HATE HATE HATE this guy. Mainly because of the way he snuggles up to the mic and looks at the camera when he records his auto tune "debut album" Hate it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Agree on this one. Feels like it's going for the same sort of funny that Old Spice got with the "Man Your Man Could Smell Like" ads (which were brilliant), only this falls way short.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

mikey287 wrote:CBS spots...as a Colts fan, all of our games are on CBS (I guess Steelers fans can relate) and for some reason, when CBS goes through their lineup and tell me how "this is the #1 new, romantic comedy with a vegetarian on Tuesdays at 9:30" it just rubs me the wrong way...

On that note, has anyone ever seen that "2 Broke Girls" show...? I pray that they don't use their best material for the spots because if they do, that has to be the worst show about a whore(s) I've seen on network television...I thought the nerd show was bad, but this two broke girls thing just seems brutal...
NAN loves two broke girls. Personally, I don't ever imagine a scenario where I would watch an episode of that.

Did anyone see that awful truck commercial during the game last night? It was definitely a local add but it had those three busted girls arguing about between Ram and some other truck. It was embarrasingly bad.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

these new wendys advertisements with the good looking wendy that always has some smarmy put down about your food and a nice compliment about wendys food. something about these commercials just anger this gentleman.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

all those cougartown promos. it started innocently enough imploring me to look past its name and see that it's not what i might have thought it was. and then they started pushing home the idea that it's just fun people drinking and having fun and drinking. but here we are, 400 viewed commercials later, now knowing what the show is up to, and i feel like i don't want to watch it even more. they do not look like fun people. what they do does not seem like fun. they need a new campaign now to convince me that yes, they're not what their name suggests, but also, they are not what their commercials suggest. or just put the damn thing on the tv so they can finally stop with the promos/excuses.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The Cougartown promos were absolutely out of control this weekend
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:these new wendys advertisements with the good looking wendy that always has some smarmy put down about your food and a nice compliment about wendys food. something about these commercials just anger this gentleman.

She annoys the **** out of me.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

shafnutz05 wrote:The Cougartown promos were absolutely out of control this weekend
TBS pulls this crap all the time.

does anyone else remember when they kept on having promos for the frank caliendo show during the baseball playoffs circa 2008? they wouldnt stop.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I can overlook the annoyingness of the Wendy's ads because I am very attracted to the actress who plays Wendy
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I try to convince myself she isn't that bad, but I just can't get over how poor the commercial is. It isn't funny and she comes offas reeeeally annoying.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

MRandall25 wrote:I try to convince myself she isn't that bad, but I just can't get over how poor the commercial is. It isn't funny and she comes offas reeeeally annoying.
I think it's because she comes off as smug, instead of quirky or charming (I'm assuming quirky/charming is what the ad is shooting for).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Exactly. The smug factor ruins it.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

Froggy wrote:I can overlook the annoyingness of the Wendy's ads because I am very attracted to the actress who plays Wendy
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

And here I thought I was the only one that felt annoyed by hot girl Wendy. Though she is good looking and I forgive.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think there's something grossly inaccurate with young healthy looking people selling me fast food. I think it should either be an obese young child, a drunken college student, or one of the contestants from the biggest loser.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

speaking of which, this new mcdonalds commercial for the dollar menu where they are camping with their hipster vintage camping equipment, playing horseshoes, and eating mcdonalds just makes no sense whatsoever.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:speaking of which, this new mcdonalds commercial for the dollar menu where they are camping with their hipster vintage camping equipment, playing horseshoes, and eating mcdonalds just makes no sense whatsoever.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Troy Loney wrote:I think there's something grossly inaccurate with young healthy looking people selling me fast food. I think it should either be an obese young child, a drunken college student, or one of the contestants from the biggest loser.
Which is why most Taco Bell ads are believable. Most of the time it's guys in the mid-20s, usually a nighttime setting (assuming to be well after 1AM), with loads of Bell in front of them.

Wendy? She annoys me. Her smug attitude, the "your food might as well be placed in a pig trough" attitude that she gives while talking. You might be semi-hot Wendy, but your attitude makes you lose a ton of points with me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Annoying Wendy would win the LGP poll for "who do you want to hate bang?" in a landslide.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I just plain don't like redheads...
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

mikey287 wrote:I just plain don't like redheads...
I don't like freckles. lol
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Wendy dyes her blond hair red. A very smug shade of annoying red.

Cute, approachable, girl-next-door redhead? The one from the online dating site (zook?) that dreams of a date with her Prince Charming that goes all bad. She also did a commercial for Miracle Grow.

Not smug shade of annoying red.