Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

PghSkins wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't know how to drive in the snow. One of my biggest pet peeves.

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.
I don't care about that but if a wall of snow flies off your minivan or SUV's roof and onto my windshield, I will mess. you. up.
I'll say it: I'm guilty of this. Not all of it, but some of it.

What I will do: wipe the snow from my roof, side windows, and scrape windshield.
What I won't do: wipe my roof completely clean. Yes, there is usually an inch of so, but it's usually gone by the time I leave my apartment. When I was at my old place, it was usually gone before I hit the first stop light and I was leaving at a very early hour (usually 5:30, sometimes closer to 5am.) Snow on back window? If it's noticable, I'll clean it. If it's a thin layer, I'll hit the rear defrost and deal with it.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Zip-open deli bags that neither zip nor open.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Nook screen protectors. Damn them all to hell, and their air bubbles.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Christmas is over. Stop playing Christmas music.

Also, I am seriously peeved at SiriusXM for playing Christmas music on non-Christmas channels. This year, SiriusXM had no less than six different channels playing commercial-free Christmas music 24/7. Those channels played (1) holiday music from active artists, (2) traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s, (3) classical Christmas music, (4) country Christmas music, (5) Spanish-language holiday music, and (6) soul and Motown holiday music. They had it covered. If I wanted to hear Christmas music, I would have been listening to one of those. Maybe, just maybe, I’m listening to Bluesville or Outlaw Country or some other channel because I don’t want to hear any more damn Christmas music.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Christmas music gets on my nerves in general. Same played out songs every year. Worse that they start playing that stuff like a month before Christmas. I just don't like it. I'm basing it solely on music itself, not the concept. If subject was not Christmas but something else, it would be just as bad. All that fake happiness is kind of annoying to me. I like Christmas otherwise.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

JS© wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
stopper40 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't know how to drive in the snow. One of my biggest pet peeves.

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.
I don't care about that but if a wall of snow flies off your minivan or SUV's roof and onto my windshield, I will mess. you. up.
I'll say it: I'm guilty of this. Not all of it, but some of it.

What I will do: wipe the snow from my roof, side windows, and scrape windshield.
What I won't do: wipe my roof completely clean. Yes, there is usually an inch of so, but it's usually gone by the time I leave my apartment. When I was at my old place, it was usually gone before I hit the first stop light and I was leaving at a very early hour (usually 5:30, sometimes closer to 5am.) Snow on back window? If it's noticable, I'll clean it. If it's a thin layer, I'll hit the rear defrost and deal with it.
I don't mind if you don't clean it all off of your roof, but what really grinds my gears is when people only clean off maybe half of the windsheild and none of the other windows. And people need to CLEAN OFF THEIR @#$%^#$% LIGHTS. If I can't see them from the snow built up on them how can they be helping you to drive?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Hello, my FB friends: I want to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. I post shots of my family and friends that I don't want strangers to have access to. However, with the recent changes in FB, the "public" can now see activities in ANY wall. This happens when our friend hits "like" or "comment" ~ automatically, their friends would see our posts too. Unfortunately, we can not change this setting by ourselves because Facebook has configured it this way.

PLEASE place your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on “FRIENDS" (also without clicking), then down to "Settings", click here and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on "COMMENTS & LIKE" and also "PHOTOS". By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public.
Now copy and paste this on your wall. Once I see it posted I will make the same changes for your page
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Keurig website gives "rewards" points that can be used towards half off accessories. That's not a reward. Free K-Cups is a reward.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

hoods on coats that when you bend over shoveling they're too long and block your vision
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Shyster wrote:Christmas is over. Stop playing Christmas music.

Also, I am seriously peeved at SiriusXM for playing Christmas music on non-Christmas channels. This year, SiriusXM had no less than six different channels playing commercial-free Christmas music 24/7. Those channels played (1) holiday music from active artists, (2) traditional holiday recordings from the '40s through the '60s, (3) classical Christmas music, (4) country Christmas music, (5) Spanish-language holiday music, and (6) soul and Motown holiday music. They had it covered. If I wanted to hear Christmas music, I would have been listening to one of those. Maybe, just maybe, I’m listening to Bluesville or Outlaw Country or some other channel because I don’t want to hear any more damn Christmas music.
Bluesville Christmas was excellent. Had it on all day.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

People who take pictures of snow covered roads while driving. Please concentrate on driving. It is December in Pennslyvania, snow will cover the roads!
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

If you are behind me at the self checkout at Giant Eagle, and I've scanned all my items, paid, and have just started bagging the items - do not start scanning your items and placing them on the belt unless you want me to place your items in my bag.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

If you're ahead of me at the Self Checkout at Giant Eagle- QUIT MESSING AROUND AND BAG THE FREAKIN' THINGS!!!!!!
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I'm a top 5 bagger in the league - you can check on nhl.com
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Do you buy tea, and then bag it?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Dear dude at work who doesn't have any friends in your personal life so you feel the need to treat work like a social event...thanks for bringing me up to speed on your sons home purchase. Even though I've never met him I've been sitting on pins n needles waiting to hear how this turns out.

Oh, and while you're rattling on about your last prostate exam, my boss is watching me not working, so, if you don't mind, I have things to do. Also, the guy who's doing your job would like to know when you're coming back.

Thanks for listening
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

WHAT THE **** is it now with women now and fake mustaches? My God if I see one more picture of a woman with a fake mustache or a group posing with them drawn on their finger up to their noses im going to go mental. New Years Day I saw 3 different parties post pics of girls drinking from plastic cups with mustaches drawn on them. And when they took a sip, it looked like they were drinking from a cup with a mustach drawn on it, 7 inches from their face but they were all LOLOLOL I HAD A MUSTACHE WHEN I WAS DRINKING LAST NIGHT :D :D :D :D :D
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Tell us how you really feel dudeman.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Tell us how you really feel dudeman.
I did. Why dont you bother reading the whole article?

(channeling my inner Dejan) :pop:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I have noticed the fake mustache theme more and more as of late
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Women with their eyebrows painted on.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

At least the Robert Griffin III verbal ******** is over for this year
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:WHAT THE **** is it now with women now and fake mustaches? My God if I see one more picture of a woman with a fake mustache or a group posing with them drawn on their finger up to their noses im going to go mental. New Years Day I saw 3 different parties post pics of girls drinking from plastic cups with mustaches drawn on them. And when they took a sip, it looked like they were drinking from a cup with a mustach drawn on it, 7 inches from their face but they were all LOLOLOL I HAD A MUSTACHE WHEN I WAS DRINKING LAST NIGHT :D :D :D :D :D
standingovation.gif
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

when they eat my chips
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The older daughter on the show "The Neighbors" eyebrows.