GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by the wicked child »

I don't really remember what V-12 tasted like, but I had a 25oz. bottle I got a D's that I broke open when the Stillers broke the Patriots 21 game winning streak... that was what like 7 or 8 years ago now? :scared:
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Tim Thomasen wrote:My favorite type of beer is Samuel Adams Boston Lager. I love the taste, that it's smooth and it doesn't leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth.

Also when I was in Portland, OR this summer, I tried a beer made from a local brewery (Widmer Brothers) and the beer was called "Drifter", it's a pale ale. It had I very sweet taste and I enjoyed it very much. If they sold it in PA I would buy it.
Just picked up a Widmer Brothers Barrel Aged Brrrbon '12 last night. Haven't tried it yet, but looking forward to it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

For those of us in PA this is nothing but a beer tease, but I know we have some out of staters here who can actually make use of this site. I stumbled across it this weekend when doing some beer reading. Really solid prices and a heck of a selection, at least in the areas that I am interested. Not to mention its another "lets" site.

http://www.letspour.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Bah, there's literally like 7 saisons on there I'm dying to try. I need to get a P.O. box in Ohio or WV or something.
BadHands71
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by BadHands71 »

That site is amazing.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Bought a few to stock the new beer fridge:

Oskar Blue Ten Fidy Imperial Stout - magnificent. From the brewer: "This titanic, immensely viscous stout is loaded with inimitable flavors of chocolate-covered caramel and coffee and hide a hefty 98 IBUs underneath the smooth blanket of malt. Ten FIDY (10.5% ABV) is made with enormous amounts of two-row malt, chocolate malt, roasted barley, flaked oats and hops. Ten FIDY is the ultimate celebration of dark malts and boundary-stretching beer."

Samichlaus
Trappistes Rochefort 10 #realman
Grimbergen dubbel
Last edited by Eismann on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Came away from the office gift exchange with this. Excited to give 'er a try. Ommegang is one of my favorite breweries.

shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Great get Kraftster...I'm hoping to visit Ommegang at some point this year, since we have relatives in the Cooperstown area. Belgians aren't especially my thing but they make some good ones
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Speaking of Ommegang...
HBO is set to announce that it will team up with Brewery Ommegang, a Belgian-style brewery in Cooperstown N.Y., to create beers based on themes and characters in the fantasy series adapted from the novels by George R. R. Martin.

The first beer, Iron Throne Blonde Ale, will be inaugurated nationwide in late March, to coincide with the Season 3 premiere of “Game of Thrones,” which is scheduled for March 31. Three more beers are planned, with the second to be released next fall. The others will follow in subsequent seasons.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/ ... -of-kings/
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:Great get Kraftster...I'm hoping to visit Ommegang at some point this year, since we have relatives in the Cooperstown area. Belgians aren't especially my thing but they make some good ones

I see this place, and I can't believe I haven't been there yet.

Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Yes. They had some serious concerts there the past couple of years.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Kraftster wrote:Came away from the office gift exchange with this. Excited to give 'er a try. Ommegang is one of my favorite breweries.
I love Ommegang beers. I have never seen that one, but their Abbey Ale is amazing. I have a Three Philosphers to try this weekend.
Kraftster wrote:For those of us in PA this is nothing but a beer tease, but I know we have some out of staters here who can actually make use of this site. I stumbled across it this weekend when doing some beer reading. Really solid prices and a heck of a selection, at least in the areas that I am interested. Not to mention its another "lets" site.

http://www.letspour.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lots of great stuff on there, but some of the prices of ones I know I can get around here seem crazy high. Like higher-than-restaurant-prices high, to say nothing of grocery store prices which they darn near double...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Its a perfect site for people in this area, though, because the prices seem to be based upon the fact that they distribute from Washington, Colorado, and Florida. The stuff that is cheap (Logsdon Farms and Upright for $13 :!:, Cigar City $15) is local to where they distribute from, and we can't dream of getting, but the stuff that is local to us that we can get (so wouldn't need to use the site anyway) is expensive. If you saw any of those ones I mentioned at House of 1000 Beers, for example, you'd be looking at $25-$30. A good example would be Brux, which is available on the site for $17.50 I saw at H1kB for $30.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

Enjoying a Foothills People's Porter. I'm not sure if their distribution reaches up into PA, but they brew some crazy good beers.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Troy Loney wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Great get Kraftster...I'm hoping to visit Ommegang at some point this year, since we have relatives in the Cooperstown area. Belgians aren't especially my thing but they make some good ones

I see this place, and I can't believe I haven't been there yet.

LGP roadtrip. I'm in.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Anybody know of a good IPA that is overly hoppy IPA for under $20, preferably in a bigger bottle? It's for a gift.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Southern Tier Unearthly. Probably more like $10 for the big bottle.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:Southern Tier Unearthly. Probably more like $10 for the big bottle.
seconded
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

This dogfishhead chicory stout is growing on me. It just might be amazing
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:This dogfishhead chicory stout is growing on me. It just might be amazing
I actually tried it for the first time last night. It certainly grew on me as I finished the glass...I'm not really sure what I was expecting going into it.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malkinshair »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Southern Tier Unearthly. Probably more like $10 for the big bottle.
seconded
:thumb:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:This dogfishhead chicory stout is growing on me. It just might be amazing
I actually tried it for the first time last night. It certainly grew on me as I finished the glass...I'm not really sure what I was expecting going into it.
there's a bar in philly i've been going to for a while (Nodding Head- it's actually the place that put out the "crosby's tears" beer, but whatever). they make this beer called "grog", and i've been so frustrated not being able to find anything like it on the shelves. this chicory stout is very, very close.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malkinshair »

shafnutz05 wrote:
I loved it...
It's funny you mention the end of the glass...the flavors really blended better the warmer it got.

I still don't know what chicory is. Martha Stewart told Louis to add it to coffee in an episode of Family Guy. That's the extent of my chicory knowledge.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

eddysnake wrote:Speaking of Ommegang...
HBO is set to announce that it will team up with Brewery Ommegang, a Belgian-style brewery in Cooperstown N.Y., to create beers based on themes and characters in the fantasy series adapted from the novels by George R. R. Martin.

The first beer, Iron Throne Blonde Ale, will be inaugurated nationwide in late March, to coincide with the Season 3 premiere of “Game of Thrones,” which is scheduled for March 31. Three more beers are planned, with the second to be released next fall. The others will follow in subsequent seasons.

This is kind of awesome.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

the wicked child wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Speaking of Ommegang...

This is kind of awesome.
Spoiler: