**VOODOO WARZ GAME THREAD**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: **VOODOO WARZ GAME THREAD**

Post by CBear3 »

Here's my deal (obviously paraphrasing since I can't quote a PM):

I am the Witch Doctor Shango Kazim. Through my knowledge of Voodoo, I have risen above the battle between the tribe and the evil spirits. I can win the game as an independent if my body lives to see no more than 1 red and 2 tribesmen still alive.

I am immune to night kills, but in defending myself I reveal my true identity (what happened last night). If (or more like when now that my identity is known) my body dies in a day vote, my spirit lives on and continues to assist the village through the day vote process. My spirit leaves for the afterlife if the tribe fails to outnumber the reds by more than 2.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Based on your description, I'm having a difficult time justifying a reason to keep you alive. So if you get voted out during the day, you can still vote in the day phase in the future and help us?
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Yep, but I don't actually count as being a tribe member (the total number of blues won't increase).
Now that my identity is known, I figure I'm the sacrificial kill when you can't come up with anything else. Killing me is an easy decision so you won't learn much about who the remaining reds are, but it has to be done eventually so I don't win.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I gotcha
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

im a regular tribe member, but if you want to off me for not following a day 1 bandwagon, so be it. it just so happened that we got a baddy on that vote.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

7 obhave-- Rylan, Kraftster, slappy, Troy Loney, tfrizz, Litt, ulf
5 Rylan-- obhave, mac, redwill, Shaf, ExPat
2 Kraftster-- MRandall, canaan

That was the final first day vote.

Obhave was red. Its a near certainty that one of TL, tfrizz, Litt, or Ulf is red as a cover for the red vote. Obviously Litt was not. MRandall voted very early on someone else (Kraftster) when it was 2-1 obhave/rylan. MRandall is a noob in these games right? If so, thats the kind of vote one might throw out if new to the game.

I'd like to vote for one of TL, tfrizz, ulf at this point.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Well, assuming CBear3 is being completely disclosing about his role (I have my doubts), he basically provides nothing alive that he can't provide dead. In addition to having an automatic distrust of independents' role descriptions, it doesn't make sense to me that Cbear's spirit lives on "to continue to assist the village." He is not aligned with the village, so I wonder what possible interest he can be looking to serve from the grave.

Overall, the detailed role seems to be inviting us to kill him a lot more than most other independent role claims -- even going so far as to say, basically, "I'll still help you guys if you kill me." I am skeptical of CBear and somewhat leery about killing him until we talk this out.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

CBear3 wrote:Yep, but I don't actually count as being a tribe member (the total number of blues won't increase).
Now that my identity is known, I figure I'm the sacrificial kill when you can't come up with anything else. Killing me is an easy decision so you won't learn much about who the remaining reds are, but it has to be done eventually so I don't win.
do you have any other powers?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

slappybrown wrote:7 obhave-- Rylan, Kraftster, slappy, Troy Loney, tfrizz, Litt, ulf

Obhave was red. Its a near certainty that one of TL, tfrizz, Litt, or Ulf is red as a cover for the red vote. Obviously Litt was not. MRandall voted very early on someone else (Kraftster) when it was 2-1 obhave/rylan. MRandall is a noob in these games right? If so, thats the kind of vote one might throw out if new to the game.

So by your logic, we should vote for you too?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Troy Loney wrote:
slappybrown wrote:7 obhave-- Rylan, Kraftster, slappy, Troy Loney, tfrizz, Litt, ulf

obviously, but him knowing his role would preclude that.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Not sure I follow the canaan vote. I don't see what cbear adds by staying alive.

Yellow cbear color plz
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ulf wrote:Not sure I follow the canaan vote.
once THG thinks about me in these games, he cant let it go. :lol:
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:

Why would I break a 2-2 tie with a red vote? That's pushing the risk associated with a red cover vote to the point of it no longer making sense.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

shafnutz05 wrote:Canaan actually came in fourth on the Rylan voting, so I can actually see some credence to the vote for him. He voted for Rylan shortly after Redwill did, so perhaps he waited to pull the trigger on the deflection vote until it actually looked like Rylan had a decent chance of acquiring enough votes to be strung up? (i.e., he didn't want to show his hand too early in the process).
It's possible canaan switched from Rylan to Kraftster in anticipation of people looking at the Rylan vote, but the timing seems off. When he changed, there were 6 votes for obhave and 5 for Rylan. Only one more vote would've tied things up and they would've had a chance at saving obhave. Given that, I can't see canaan being red.

I'm going to vote to spear thehockeyguru. He didn't vote on day 1, and on day 2 he jumped in with a canaan vote when voting between EPP and shaf was at 3-3. I know redwill joined in with a late switch from ulf to canaan, but I'm not sure there's much to it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Troy Loney wrote:

If the general proposition is "there is likely a red on the obhave vote" then, yes, slappy has to be considered. That said, given the way the vote unfolded, I tend to agree with him that you, tfrizz, and LITT were most suspicious timing wise. I'd consider ulf and slappy to be less likely options, and myself/Rylan less likely options still. That's just playing the game from a straight vote count standpoint, though. I'd hope we end up having more than that in the very near future. In fact, I think we do right now with canaan or perhaps cbear subject to (hopefully) some discussion about why he would be so willing to invite us to kill him.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Kraftster wrote:Well, assuming CBear3 is being completely disclosing about his role (I have my doubts), he basically provides nothing alive that he can't provide dead. In addition to having an automatic distrust of independents' role descriptions, it doesn't make sense to me that Cbear's spirit lives on "to continue to assist the village." He is not aligned with the village, so I wonder what possible interest he can be looking to serve from the grave.

Overall, the detailed role seems to be inviting us to kill him a lot more than most other independent role claims -- even going so far as to say, basically, "I'll still help you guys if you kill me." I am skeptical of CBear and somewhat leery about killing him until we talk this out.
He could be an independent that wins or gains power if he gets lynched, which makes it a difficult read.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

once the independent has been revealed to the village, it is their best interest for longevity in the game to pander to the village. if the independent can prove worth to the village, they stay alive. its the independent's only chance at any type of survival.

source: ive been an independent before.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

3 canaan-- thg, Troy, Kraftster
1 tfrizz-- Shaf
1 thg-- tfrizz
1 CBear-- ulf
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Canaan actually came in fourth on the Rylan voting, so I can actually see some credence to the vote for him. He voted for Rylan shortly after Redwill did, so perhaps he waited to pull the trigger on the deflection vote until it actually looked like Rylan had a decent chance of acquiring enough votes to be strung up? (i.e., he didn't want to show his hand too early in the process).
It's possible canaan switched from Rylan to Kraftster in anticipation of people looking at the Rylan vote, but the timing seems off. When he changed, there were 6 votes for obhave and 5 for Rylan. Only one more vote would've tied things up and they would've had a chance at saving obhave. Given that, I can't see canaan being red.

I'm going to vote to spear thehockeyguru. He didn't vote on day 1, and on day 2 he jumped in with a canaan vote when voting between EPP and shaf was at 3-3. I know redwill joined in with a late switch from ulf to canaan, but I'm not sure there's much to it.
For me its canaan's vote on Rylan, not his switch. I would have voted for me if I wasn't me based upon MRandall's day 1 comment, so the switch makes sense, I think.

On the other hand, you make a good point that redwill did not lead with a canaan vote. I was thinking his early vote was canaan. I had forgotten that it was ulf at first.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Lol. Knew the vote on me was coming. Ulf says he cant see why we are voting Canaan, then tfrizz follows with a vote on me. Two of the biggest suspects thus far.

Interesting......
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

ulf wrote:Not sure I follow the canaan vote. I don't see what cbear adds by staying alive.

Yellow cbear color plz
:slug:
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I take my cbear vote back
Save cbear, color again plz

Something is fishy with him being so inviting, but moreso, the write up outing him.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I unfortunately have no other powers; you know, except for immortality which isn't too bad I suppose :)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

thehockeyguru wrote:Lol. Knew the vote on me was coming. Ulf says he cant see why we are voting Canaan, then tfrizz follows with a vote on me. Two of the biggest suspects thus far.

Interesting......
Why am I a suspect? Just curious :slug:
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

ulf wrote:I take my cbear vote back
Save cbear, color again plz

Something is fishy with him being so inviting, but moreso, the write up outing him.