3 Shaf-- EPP, tfrizz, Rylan
1 ulf-- redwill
1 MRandall-- Troy Loney
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: **VOODOO WARZ GAME THREAD**

Post by Kaizer »

a knowledgeable party (who isnt in the game) informed me that a noon deadline isnt very helpful to participation. pushing it up to 2pm.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Yellow Canaan
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

shafnutz05 wrote:I voted for EPP the first day just for fun. If I was trying to take heat off of obhave, I would have voted for Rylan...
Interesting... You did vote for me, it was the fourth vote cast.

Rylan voted for obhave, then Krafster joined in and also voted for obhave, then obhave cast here retalitory vote against rylan, so when you cast your vote it was 2 - obhave, 1 - rylan, not exactly a big threat to obhave at that point.

When the vote count got to 6 against obhave (with 8 being a quorum), you switched to the second highest vote getter, Rylan.

So your above statement is very telling.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I am content with a vote for shad today. His story seems really suspect.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Kaizer wrote:3 EPP-- SDD, MRandall
1 ulf-- redwill
1 MRandall-- Troy Loney
does EPP have 2 votes or are you missing one voter?

anyways, spear EPP
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I voted for EPP the first day just for fun. If I was trying to take heat off of obhave, I would have voted for Rylan...
So your above statement is very telling.
Lolol, the only reason why the above statement is telling is because you completely clipped out the rest of my statement, which explained why I didn't vote for obhave.

It comes down to her being voted out on the first day two games in a row, and I just didn't want to be a part of it. Of course, if I had known that the 12% chance (or so) of her being red would turn out to be a winning bet, no way in hell would I have voted for Rylan.

To add to that, as you yourself stated, obhave had six votes on her when I cast my vote for Rylan. At that point, she was perilously close, if not already at, dead man walking status. If I wanted to deflect votes from obhave, I would have voted for Rylan much earlier in the process to lend that bandwagon more momentum. My vote for you didn't help her at all.

If I was the other red, or one of two other reds, why in the world would I make a futile vote switch to Rylan, knowing that it had little or no chance of succeeding and would only bring the spotlight down upon me?

I don't really see how this story is "suspect".
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

4 EPP-- SDD, MRandall, Shaf, mac
1 ulf-- redwill
1 MRandall-- Troy Loney
1 canaan-- thehockeyguru
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I think one of epp or shad would be a good vote. I'd bet good money one is red.

Yellow shaf, color plz
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unspear mrandall

spear shad

If shad is red, this might rank as one of the worst plays by a red that I can remember.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

4 EPP-- SDD, MRandall, Shaf, mac
5 Shaf-- EPP, tfrizz, Rylan, ulf, Troy Loney
1 ulf-- redwill
1 canaan-- thehockeyguru
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:If shad is red, this might rank as one of the worst plays by a red that I can remember.
Which is why it pains me that so many people are voting for me based on that logic. I explained above why it would be a horrendously stupid play. You figure at most, there are two other reds. Maybe even just one, since the game is relatively small. I assure you, had I already known that obhave was on her way out, the last thing I would do is announce to other players, "YES, PLEASE VOTE FOR ME ON DAY 2".

I've been playing this game for years...give me a little bit of credit here.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

EPP makes sense. I also think that Canaan should be in play. The vote was on Obhave and Rylan, then for some reason a 3rd vote pops out on Kraftster. It makes sense to me that a Red would try and move the vote in another direction especially when Obhave was Red.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I know, but if the vote is between you and EPP, i'm definitely voting you. Especially considering the people on the EPP vote are the ones who have major red flags after the rylan vote.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I think the MRandall logic has some validity to it.

He came out as the fourth vote of Day 1. Not long after obhave turned around and cast a vote for Rylan, he cast a vote for Kraftster. I kind of look at this as wanting to take additional heat off of obhave, but not wanting to vote right after her for Rylan, making a link look that much more obvious.

I don't really buy canaan or redwill being red. I think canaan switched to Kraftster later because of something he posted, but I could be wrong.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I'm not sure I like EPP or shad on this vote.

I totally buy shad's story. I've learned not to vote Rylan or obhave day 1 just because of their running gag. It's like a throw away vote. I haven't gotten to play in too many games with obhave but I know Rylan can be very valuable if he's on my side. So that would explain his early EPP vote.

When he saw to trail of votes heading to obhave late, and confirmed she'd been the day 1 kill last game, he pulled it and put it on the next closest player to try to save her. I pulled my vote as well knowing how much I was looking forward to this game after being the night 1 kill last game. I didn't re-vote because I knew it would look like I was trying to tie up the vote and stall the process, instead Shad put himself out there to try to save her (maybe he wanted an extra Christmas card).

I haven't seen much for an EPP vote either. It seems EPP got his dander up that Shad picked his name for the early day 1 vote, and has been after him ever since. That put him in the crosshairs for somebody looking for an option.

If I had to choose, and it looks like I do, I'd spear EPP. The fact that SDD and MRandall started that train and not shad holds a little more weight to me.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

CBear3 wrote:...but I know Rylan can be very valuable if he's on my side. So that would explain Shad's early EPP vote...
Edit for clarification.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

shafnutz05 wrote: I don't really buy canaan or redwill being red. I think canaan switched to Kraftster later because of something he posted, but I could be wrong.
If thats the case, I cant buy MRandall being anything but blue.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think we have to atleast focus on the people who obstructed the Obhave vote before we start voting for EPP because of obscure reasoning. there are too many people out there with concrete reasons to vote for.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Troy Loney wrote:I think we have to atleast focus on the people who obstructed the Obhave vote before we start voting for EPP because of obscure reasoning. there are too many people out there with concrete reasons to vote for.
I agree with this. I'd limit the vote to either Redwill, Shaf, EPP, or Canaan.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

My fault, substitute Mac for EPP.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Troy Loney wrote:spear mrandall

To me, it's either the reds basically sabatoged their effort by trying to flip the vote late to rylan, or a bunch of blues really helped the bad guys by essentially defending a red.

Does canaan have an explanation for piggy backing redwill's rylan vote?
piggy backing? not jumping on a day 1 bandwagon because the girl got outed on day 1 last time she played and it labeled piggy backing? tell me more.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

thehockeyguru wrote:EPP makes sense. I also think that Canaan should be in play. The vote was on Obhave and Rylan, then for some reason a 3rd vote pops out on Kraftster. It makes sense to me that a Red would try and move the vote in another direction especially when Obhave was Red.
that makes crap sense on a quick moving, day 1 vote. trying to sway the bandwagon on a day 1 is a moronic move by a red.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

(in before thats probably why you tried it) :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

yeah, I think people are just trying to look at the Day 1 vote in a vacuum, and you simply cannot do that. There was a legitimate backstory/reason for not voting for obhave the first day.