Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by 60sixx »

When entering my address on a website, I used to just be able to tab through and when I got to the state part, just hit "P" and it would automatically populate to PA. Now, it automatically populates as "Palau"........I ALWAYS forget and have to go back and pull the drop down to select PA to fix it. It makes me RAGE. How many flipping people from Palau are ordering crap off the internet?!
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I have an irrational pet peeve about a christmas song. That "Mary did you know" song. It just pisses me off. Like when it says "Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?" Yes she did! An Angel told her!! GAHHH!!!

Sorry... :pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I have two today:

1. Why don’t sedans come with rear-window wipers? Hatchbacks, SUVs, minivans, and similar vehicles usually have a rear wiper as standard equipment. Why not sedans? For example, what would be wrong with a rear wiper on an Accord, Focus, Camry, Sonata, Altima, etc.?

2. I am peeved at clothing retailer Jos. A. Bank, and it’s not for the pretentious way they abbreviate “Joseph.” Their pricing is ridiculous. At the moment, they are running a buy-one-get-three-free sale on suits. They regularly run sales with similar terms, i.e., buy X at full price and get 2X or 3X free. If they can run sales like that and still stay in business, that means that when they’re not having a sale, their merchandise must be drastically overpriced. You’d have to be a flaming idiot to buy anything they sell at full price.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Shyster wrote:I have two today:

1. Why don’t sedans come with rear-window wipers? Hatchbacks, SUVs, minivans, and similar vehicles usually have a rear wiper as standard equipment. Why not sedans? For example, what would be wrong with a rear wiper on an Accord, Focus, Camry, Sonata, Altima, etc.?

2. I am peeved at clothing retailer Jos. A. Bank, and it’s not for the pretentious way they abbreviate “Joseph.” Their pricing is ridiculous. At the moment, they are running a buy-one-get-three-free sale on suits. They regularly run sales with similar terms, i.e., buy X at full price and get 2X or 3X free. If they can run sales like that and still stay in business, that means that when they’re not having a sale, their merchandise must be drastically overpriced. You’d have to be a flaming idiot to buy anything they sell at full price.
Astute observation Shyster about Jos. A. Bank. They are only worth buying from when these sales are occurring. Otherwise, you are vastly overpaying.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

It seems like those sales are always running.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Gets people into the stores and I am sure that they are still making good money during these sales. I would love to see what their profit margin is per suit.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

ke. the kangaroo enjoys the jos. a bank dress shirts. those things are great to iron.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Nicely done there KtK :fist:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

web sites that blindside you with videos that automatically start. ESPN and especially The Weather Channel are very guilty of this.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

nothing irrational 'bout that
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

JS© wrote:web sites that blindside you with videos that automatically start. ESPN and especially The Weather Channel are very guilty of this.
Especially when you are sitting at work and people around are being quiet. PLEASE ESPN ANNOUNCE THAT I'M LOOKING AT SPORTS!!!!!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

JS© wrote:web sites that blindside you with videos that automatically start. ESPN and especially The Weather Channel are very guilty of this.
Unless your organization has a web proxy server, you can add a null route to your PC so that this doesn't happen, it's kind of a pain, but it works.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

'Tis the season when I get 15 holiday cards signed with an apostrophe s in the family name (e.g., Love, The Ryan's...Jones's...Nero's), and I get to be Grammar Grinch. It's not a difficult, unreasonable, or obscure rule.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

"Half Yard Line."

Uh, there is no half yard line. There is also no one foot line or one inch line.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't know how to drive in the snow. One of my biggest pet peeves.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

JS© wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:So is it the new thing now to make a heart shape with your hands and take pictures of it??? Either with another persons hand being the other half of the heart, or making the heart shape and taking a photo with something in the background being seen through said heart?
I've only noticed one person doing it on FB, but they've done it more than once. It was probably closer to 5-6 times.

Gonna have to pay more attention to this so I know who to unsubscribe from.
I'm seeing this more. What, are these people all in one huge sorority?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Soff extinct civilization apocalypse predictions.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

stopper40 wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Just going to throw this out there early....

People who don't clean all the snow off of their windows or their lights when it snows.
I don't care about that but if a wall of snow flies off your minivan or SUV's roof and onto my windshield, I will mess. you. up.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

If you're going up a hill with snow, please go faster than 10 miles an hour. No one's car has the traction to get up the hill if you're only going 10. Watched some van slide all over the lane because some idiot in an Audi wouldn't go faster than 10. It was fine when we were going 20.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Eismann wrote:Soff extinct civilization apocalypse predictions.
especially when people dont correlate obvious flaws in said apocalypes in regards to differentiations in calendar types.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I listen to a lot of talk radio, and I’ve recently been hearing a lot of button presses while a caller is talking. Like blah blah blah [BEEP] blah blah blah [BOOP] blah blah blah. I assume it’s people with touch-screen cell phones who are managing to press the screen while they’re talking. It’s happening all of the time and it bugs the heck out of me.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Shyster wrote:I listen to a lot of talk radio, and I’ve recently been hearing a lot of button presses while a caller is talking. Like blah blah blah [BEEP] blah blah blah [BOOP] blah blah blah. I assume it’s people with touch-screen cell phones who are managing to press the screen while they’re talking. It’s happening all of the time and it bugs the heck out of me.
Bluetooth is the bomb
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I hate the "I love Pittsburgh" guy who sings on KDKA. I would've loves to be in that meeting. "We need someone who can't write or can't sing".
[youtube][/youtube]

BRILLIANT!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I would've loves to be in that meeting. "We need someone who can't write or can't sing".

BRILLIANT!
I've never worked in that position, but seeing some of these ads I usually wonder "Are there people who sit in meetings for days or weeks at a time trying to put together the next big commercial?" Odds are most people will a)forget about the commercial in a few days, or b)they will hate the commercial so much that they will bash it for months at a time.