The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by Pitt87 »

Idoit40fans wrote:Finally caught up. Rick going crazy was annoying.
Agreed. Overacting. Not believable in the slightest. Starting to get annoyed in general with this season. Nothing is happening. Moar Zombees.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Lolwut? How many more zombies do you want?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Lolwut? How many more zombies do you want?
Yeah, I don't know how serious that post was, but there have been more zombies in this season than I can remember in any other.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

newarenanow wrote:
Yeah, I don't know how serious that post was, but there have been more zombies in this season than I can remember in any other.
Maybe he's still watching season 2? This week on Walking Dead: Will they leave the barn!? On next week's Walking Dead: There're still at the barn! But they may leave soon. Or will they?!
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Nothings happening?

Two characters have died already, and it's only like 5 episodes into the season.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

PensFanInDC wrote:If they are assuming Carol is dead but didnt find a body, why dig a hole for her?
The whole thing didn't make much sense... they don't have a body for Lori, either. I can understand the desire to have grave markers, but why dig three holes when you have one body? It looks better?

For those that watched Talking Dead and saw the preview for next week... I used to like Andrea, but I am really starting to despise her.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Anyone see the last episode:

- Rick talking to Lori on the phone; since I knew it from the comic, I saw it coming.

- Interesting to see what happens with Glenn and the hot farm girl

- Andrea and the Governer story line is going to be interesting too and Dale and his brother.

Thought is was a good episode. Setting up for some things.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm not sure I like Rick going crazy in this manner. I haven't read the comics, but if all he is does is wander around hearing dead people talking to him, his character is going to suck.

I'm looking forward to what happens when the 2 groups clash... I imagine at least a couple people will end up dead. No way they all live happily ever after, but everyone can't die either.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

andrea is such a nothing character. i can't see any way for her personal story line to become interesting.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:I'm not sure I like Rick going crazy in this manner. I haven't read the comics, but if all he is does is wander around hearing dead people talking to him, his character is going to suck.

I'm looking forward to what happens when the 2 groups clash... I imagine at least a couple people will end up dead. No way they all live happily ever after, but everyone can't die either.
I haven't read the comics, but just from reading some summaries, my understanding is that this is just a temporary coping mechanism after losing his wife so soon, but he gets out of it. Who knows what they do on the show, but maybe comic readers can clarify this?

Personally, I think it's just something they took from the comic, fit it in an episode and moved on. If you really watch, it seems liek after Rick has his final conversation, to him, it was closure for not being there to say goodbye. When he goes upstairs and holds the baby and they all go outside, to me, that is showing a new beginning for Rick and that he is moving on.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Spoiler for show:
Spoiler:
- read that by the mid season break, another major character is going to die. My guess is Glenn. They didn't say who, but they said someone will die.

- They are also introducing a "fan favorite" from teh comics by the mid season break. The speculation is Tyrese. Said that he won't be the exact character in teh comics, since a lot of stuff he was/is in the comics is being done by other characters, but he will be a key player.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

newarenanow wrote:Spoiler for show:
Spoiler:
- read that by the mid season break, another major character is going to die. My guess is Glenn. They didn't say who, but they said someone will die.

- They are also introducing a "fan favorite" from teh comics by the mid season break. The speculation is Tyrese. Said that he won't be the exact character in teh comics, since a lot of stuff he was/is in the comics is being done by other characters, but he will be a key player.
Warning, may contain comic book spoilers. You are warned
Spoiler:
-Doubt it's Glen. I think the Governor will Tyrese someone, although Glen would make sense in this universe I can't see them killing off the big 4 which is Rick, Darryl, Glen and Maggie. Then again, Tyrese was in the big 4 in the comics so...

-I heard Tyrse too but they could ahve just made T-Dog that character. I would like to see Abraham at some point and would love to see Ron Perlman cast :)
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
-Doubt it's Glen. I think the Governor will Tyrese someone, although Glen would make sense in this universe I can't see them killing off the big 4 which is Rick, Darryl, Glen and Maggie. Then again, Tyrese was in the big 4 in the comics so...

-I heard Tyrse too but they could ahve just made T-Dog that character. I would like to see Abraham at some point and would love to see Ron Perlman cast :)
Spoiler:
Tyreese was confimed a few days back. I think he's in Ep. 8, or at least credited in it.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

nocera wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Maybe he's still watching season 2? This week on Walking Dead: Will they leave the barn!? On next week's Walking Dead: There're still at the barn! But they may leave soon. Or will they?!
At least there was some suspense in season 2. Sophia, The Barn, Rick & Shane... they haven't developed much to be resolved in season 3 at all. We're only now getting the two groups to interact again. All of the arcs are resolving in the same show, or the next.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I really hope the governor dies. Pervert.......
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Good episode....sets up the midseason finale nicely.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I am beyond sick of "midseason finales".

Just show the goddamn season *******.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

the wicked child wrote:I am beyond sick of "midseason finales".

What does mid season finally mean?? The first two seasons were a lot longer. My question is when will the rest of season three continue??
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I am beyond sick of "midseason finales".

What does mid season finally mean?? The first two seasons were a lot longer. My question is when will the rest of season three continue??
Last season had a mid season finally at 6 episodes, and that season lasted 12 episodes. The first season was only like 6 episodes. This season will be 16 episodes, so no, the 1st 2 seasons were not longer.

All it means is they will resume the season in a couple months. Last year they started back up in February.

I was excited to see CM Punk on tonight's Talking Dead!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Not into wrestling at all anymore. Where was punk in that episode?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Not into wrestling at all anymore. Where was punk in that episode?
Glens stunt double? :)
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Not into wrestling at all anymore. Where was punk in that episode?
He was on the aftershow called "Talking Dead", not the actual episode.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Spangler wrote:
He was on the aftershow called "Talking Dead", not the actual episode.
Good to know....
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
It's the black guy from Season 1 I bet. The one that couldn't shoot his wife.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The last episode was decent. I think it's setting up for a great mid season finale. I keep hearing a main character will die and a new one will be introduced.

It will be interesting to see how the two parties deal with each other.