The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Post by Troy Loney »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Tomlin does loving messing with those guys. Prisuita asked him yesterday "Do you expect Ben back at any point this season?" Tomlin had a slight sinister chuckle and said "Next Question."
They're such a bunch of schlubs, how could anyone respect the local media here.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pittsburgh radio right now is like buying a new car then seeing that same car everywhere. When an important Steeler gets an injury, all you see are people who have gone thru the same exact thing.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Anyone hear Mr Maddens segment on what Pittsburghers really want to hear on the radio? Extremely funny and pro Pitts.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Anyone hear Mr Maddens segment on what Pittsburghers really want to hear on the radio? Extremely funny and pro Pitts.
Yeah, I thought he over did it and it was getting annoying but I understand his point. I love when he criticizes the Steelers and he gets killed on radio/fb/twitter with people telling him he needs to just stop covering them then lol. No way could I listen to sports talk radio if I'll I heard was how my team is the greatest no matter what all day every day.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Anyone hear Mr Maddens segment on what Pittsburghers really want to hear on the radio? Extremely funny and pro Pitts.
Was this in the 3 minutes an hour where he says stuff between the commercials and X Music?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

lol Madden will call the Nailers game 12/22
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:lol Madden will call the Nailers game 12/22
JACKPOT!
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Was listening to Vinnie and Cook when I went our for groceries today. Cookie was very grumpy today at Vinnie for suggesting Batch should play. Cook got irritated at Vinnie, saying he didn't know what he was talking about since he never comes our to see the team practice. Then Cook got angry at a caller for suggesting the Steelers should go out and sign McNabb.

I used to like Ron Cook, but now he really gets on my nerves. He's always grumpy and bitter and gets crabby everytime Vinnie says something, like he feels he shouldn't be on the radio with someone with a lower IQ then him.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Tim Thomasen wrote:Was listening to Vinnie and Cook when I went our for groceries today. Cookie was very grumpy today at Vinnie for suggesting Batch should play. Cook got irritated at Vinnie, saying he didn't know what he was talking about since he never comes our to see the team practice. Then Cook got angry at a caller for suggesting the Steelers should go out and sign McNabb.

I used to like Ron Cook, but now he really gets on my nerves. He's always grumpy and bitter and gets crabby everytime Vinnie says something, like he feels he shouldn't be on the radio with someone with a lower IQ then him.
Yes, that's Ron Cook. Better than everybody and if it's not his opinion, it's the wrong opinion.

I honestly wonder how much the guy likes his job. With 99% of sports reporters, most will admit without question that they are a fan of the team that they are covering. They might not be the biggest fan, but at least there is a slight rooting interest since they are covering the team. Not Cookie. Dude makes it a point to say that he's not a fan of any team or any player.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

IB4 LITTs Hey Tim, it's Ron Cook, how are ya man?
SteelCityVoice

Post by SteelCityVoice »

One caller today said Wallace has been playing lackluster football. Cook brought up the spectacular grab last week for a TD where Wallace used his legs and thighs to catch it. That's one play. How many have Wallace dropped this year. His fumble yesterday. His failure to get his feet down on that crucial late drive in the third quarter. Failing to layout for a pass on one of the late drives which would have given the Steelers a short conversion attempt.

Don't give me that crap about watching the team practice or not. We're all more than capable of watching games and analyzing what we see with our own eyes.

I don't often agree with Vinnie but he does have his moments. Cook just wants to be ******** all the time. I don't usually keep that station on the dial very long at all. I usually hear their prevailing opinions and move on. Why? Because I know that's all we'll hear them preach to the callers for the next four hours.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Ron Cook was pretty crabby this morning. Vinnie said something about plans for January and Ron waited for after break to belittle him. One day we will all hear a murder on the radio.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Ron Cook was pretty crabby this morning. Vinnie said something about plans for January and Ron waited for after break to belittle him. One day we will all hear a murder on the radio.
Will be the most satisfying day in sport radio history.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Cook will then complain about how much vinnie is bleeding, how much of a pain it is disposing of the body, etc.
Black n Gold n'at

Post by Black n Gold n'at »

This thread is hilarious.

Gianotti (sp?) was good in the evening when he had his own show but he stinks in the morning. Chris Muller is the only show I enjoy listening to. That said, I do enjoy Ron Cooke when he is by himself; much less aggrivated and gumpy. In his defense, I would be very grumpy if I worked with Vinny in this format daily.

What I don't understand - it seems as if most of the hosts are annoyed by the phone calls. Granted the majority of yinzers passionate enough to call these clowns are idiots, but at the end of the day it is your job description.

The other thing I love is the whole "get rid of person 'A' for person 'B' ". Any time a fan calls in and says we should get rid of so and so, they freak out and are like "yea but who do you replace him w/? but who is better?"..... Well thats is why people call in, for YOUR expertise, or a lack of. You tell us.

There is no one in the world who gets under my skin the way Vinny does. In 3 years of listening on and off (miserable) I can honestly say I can count on 1 hand how many times I have agreed with him. Complete idiot who adds zero value to the show.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

in the two segments of siebel starkey and miller that i listened to at work today i heard siebel say "im not a doctor... its not like i got around asking people to turn their heads and cough" and talking about big snack not wearing a cup "who wants to wear underwear anyways" he can make any conservation uncomfortable
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Siebel has to be an act, no professional male can be that juvenile.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

If i were to win the powerball, I would pay the morning show a large figure not to read Ricky Gary's athlete's tweets.

Ever.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

LOL YOUNG BLACK PEOPLE ARE SO CRAZY! TWITTER!!!!
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Some crazy stuff happened on the Vinny and Cook show today. Apparently its looking like Chryst is going to stay at Pitt. Vinnie was going on about how more people should be watching Pitt just because Chryst showed his loyalty by staying while Cook was saying that if a fan likes a product a team is putting out he should go to games, if he doesn't then he shouldn't go (I agree with this argument).

Then Vinnie was going on like a banshee about how he was so excited that Chryst was staying that he will buy season tickets next year and was telling his producer to get the ticket office on the line. I was he was yelling and hollering about Chryst showing his loyalty towards Pitt that he will buy season tickets. I was laughing so hard in my car of Vinnie making a total boob out of himself.

God that show (along with the rest of that station sans Mueller) is so unprofessional. Vinnie doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time and asks like a large child while Cook is so grumpy and gets annoyed when people call in that voice a different opinion that he does.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

LOL.......that's amazing.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

Tim Thomasen wrote:Some crazy stuff happened on the Vinny and Cook show today. Apparently its looking like Chryst is going to stay at Pitt. Vinnie was going on about how more people should be watching Pitt just because Chryst showed his loyalty by staying while Cook was saying that if a fan likes a product a team is putting out he should go to games, if he doesn't then he shouldn't go (I agree with this argument).

Then Vinnie was going on like a banshee about how he was so excited that Chryst was staying that he will buy season tickets next year and was telling his producer to get the ticket office on the line. I was he was yelling and hollering about Chryst showing his loyalty towards Pitt that he will buy season tickets. I was laughing so hard in my car of Vinnie making a total boob out of himself.

God that show (along with the rest of that station sans Mueller) is so unprofessional. Vinnie doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time and asks like a large child while Cook is so grumpy and gets annoyed when people call in that voice a different opinion that he does.
The show was amazing today. I tuned in right at that moment when Vinny was melting down. I literally thought he might die on the air. He hates Cook so much you can taste it.

Cook was right in his statements though. He was just being a total horse's ass while doing so and Vinny melted down. I actively root for a fight, live on air.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Cage Match
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Mark Madden is in the midst of a twitter battle with a Pittsburgh Passion football player.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

for those of us not keen to twitter, can you give us a brief summary