The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by the wicked child »

If Carol somehow performs miracle surgery to save Lori, it might kill the show for me.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the wicked child wrote:If Carol somehow performs miracle surgery to save Lori, it might kill the show for me.
uh...yeeeeahh...that wouldn't be a welcomed turn.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shmenguin wrote:
the wicked child wrote:If Carol somehow performs miracle surgery to save Lori, it might kill the show for me.
Agreed but not because I don't like Lori. It would be nearly impossible to save a woman who had a C-section with no drugs and was left for dead. Oh yeah, she's also in a post apocalyptic dirty prison basement.

I have a feeling we are going to get an episode dedicated to Michonne as a flash back to how she became who she is. I also think a similar episode about the Governor is on the menu at some point.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Agreed but not because I don't like Lori. It would be nearly impossible to save a woman who had a C-section with no drugs and was left for dead. Oh yeah, she's also in a post apocalyptic dirty prison basement.

I have a feeling we are going to get an episode dedicated to Michonne as a flash back to how she became who she is. I also think a similar episode about the Governor is on the menu at some point.
I've read every issue of the comics and they haven't really explained Michone's past except for some dialogue here and there. There was something in Playboy this past summer but nothing in the comics. The Governor had a story written about him but in the comics too it's not a huge story arc.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It would be nice then if they gave background on both characters over the span on 1 episode. I REALLY want to see where The Gov came from. It could fit perfectly into this season too with the tension between the two.

Open the episode with an event involving them both, show how they got there, resolve the opening situation.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

Not that I'd necessarily agree...I just have a bad feeling this may be how the writers are setting it up given some of the gaps they left open. I don't believe Lori could actually survive that either, but they've already taken some liberties with medicine and science just as it relates to the humans, starting with the very first episode.

Then again, I could be wrong.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

they're going to go seek out baby formula in the next episode. ummm...why in the freaking hell don't they already have a crap ton of baby formula sitting around? there's no way she would have planned on nursing. first of all, they would have played it safe and assumed that lori's boobs produce zombie juice. second of all, lori's malnourished. that baby would have destroyed any hopes of either of them getting appropriate nutrition. thirdly, breastfeeding takes up (approximately) 23 1/2 hours of a woman's day. no way you're going to be able to run from zombies AND feed your kid that often.

they have some splainin' to do
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

From a pure believability standpoint, Lori needs to be dead. I realize it's a show about zombies, but some things are just too far and that would be one.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

So who was cutting the grass in the prison yard, before they arrived? :slug:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:So who was cutting the grass in the prison yard, before they arrived? :slug:
Zombies ate the grass.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Well it was winter. Lawns will go dormant for a while. If there was a drought too before winter then it's plausible the grass would still be short. I never saw it rain so it's a possibility.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hopefully Glen saying "she's not here" is because Rick goes nuts and tries to revive her. Which would explain why he attacks Glen.

Her being a zombie would create a redundant moment with Rick or someone else having to shoot her.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

nocera wrote:Hopefully Glen saying "she's not here" is because Rick goes nuts and tries to revive her. Which would explain why he attacks Glen.

Her being a zombie would create a redundant moment with Rick or someone else having to shoot her.
Seriously... she needs to just go away now. The ending was perfect. Any more air time would be silly.

Other than Rick and/or Carl going ape ****, I don't even want to hear her name again, tbh.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

More proof that she's really gone.

An interview with Sarah Wayne Callies about her character, Lori, being written off the show.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/04/sarah ... king-dead/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Thank God. Seemed obvious, but...
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

nocera wrote:More proof that she's really gone.

An interview with Sarah Wayne Callies about her character, Lori, being written off the show.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/04/sarah ... king-dead/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does anyone watch "Talking Dead" that comes on at like 11? They had one of the producers on or whoever and she had said that TDog and Lori were now gone. Anyone from the show that goes on Talking Dead is really careful on not giving anything away (they give the "What happened to Carol??? I dont know I guess we will just have to wait and find out")- so I am pretty certain the gunshot we "heard" and Carl coming out all stoic like was meant to be emotional and not "OMG maybe she is still alive"

You have to suspend some disbelief in watching these shows, but you can't get too ridiculous...I would like to think they are aware of that.

Edit: misnamed the show the first time.
Last edited by JeffDFD on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Everyone should watch The Talking Dead to see Chris Hardwick of Nerdist fame.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Watching the preview for next week, Glenn sounds like he says "We shouldn't be in here". And then he tries to turn Rick away from looking down at the ground, probably at Lori.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Everyone should watch The Talking Dead to see Chris Hardwick of Nerdist fame.
It's rare to see both celebrity and show guests both be good. usually the celebrity sucks but in the off chance you get Will Wheaton you get Nick Gomez who did't have much to say about Tomas.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

JeffDFD wrote:

Does anyone watch "The Walking Dead" that comes on at like 11? They had one of the producers on or whoever and she had said that TDog and Lori were now gone. Anyone from the show that goes on Talking Dead is really careful on not giving anything away (they give the "What happened to Carol??? I dont know I guess we will just have to wait and find out")- so I am pretty certain the gunshot we "heard" and Carl coming out all stoic like was meant to be emotional and not "OMG maybe she is still alive"

You have to suspend some disbelief in watching these shows, but you can't get too ridiculous...I would like to think they are aware of that.
Admittedly missed the Talking Dead and the follow-up interview with Sarah Wayne Callies mentioned earlier. Probably should've at least stayed with Talking Dead after that episode. I didn't start thinking of the possibility that she may have still been alive until someone mentioned it here and I started putting some things together in my head.

She's gone. Cool. I'm with the group of fans of the show who believed she was mostly an unlikable character who seemed to have her priorities completely out of whack, though that may have been mostly on the writers. The dynamic between her and Rick just never seemed to make much sense.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Wow, great interview. And just shows what the actual actors go through when they are being written off and the emotion behind it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Finally watched the last 2 episodes.

1) The who 3rd episode focused on Woodbury was ok IMO. I know it's probably setting up, but I thought the Governer would be absolutely ruthless. It's just weird getting a whole nother group in the fold when you've spent 2 seasons with the other group. Will be interesting as the season continues what happens. All the heads in the aquariums was weird.

2) This past episode was crazy to watch. Just the one inmate letting in the walkers, seeing TDog get killed (didn't bother me much), but the whole Lori thing was more emotional than I thought it would be. Just how she died, the baby, Carl having to be a man and do things and see things I'd never wish to see happen to my mom, just crazy.

It will be interesting to see how long the baby makes it. I can't imagine the group constantly going around with an infant. I know what happens in the comics, but obviously things are different.

The next few episodes should be good.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

The Governer has a lovely daughter
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »