Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by meow »

columbia wrote:
Rylan wrote:Look at meow dropping that he is a big shot
But does he have a front gate?
No front gate. And my the only reason my desk is big is because I have two 36 in monitors
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

hey the only reason i have a personal jet is because my italian wife is a supermodel and often has to travel.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

LeopardLetang wrote:hey the only reason i have a personal jet is because my italian wife is a supermodel and often has to travel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I am peeved by cars that have malfunctioning catalytic converters and therefore emit hydrogen sulfide, which smells like rotten eggs. I’m betting that many drivers of such cars probably don’t even realize their car is stinking like that, as the smell is all behind them out the tailpipe. But I can’t help like feeing that the car ahead of me is blasting a sustained fart right into my face.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

next time kenny the kangaroo rips a healthy one, rest assured a malfunctioning catalytic converter will be blamed.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

People that refer to their child's age in months after the child is over one year old. He/she is 2 not 28 months.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pavel Bure wrote:People that refer to their child's age in months after the child is over one year old. He/she is 2 not 28 months.
Thank you :thumb:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

meow wrote:People that sit on the corner of my desk. I have a big desk, so I can see it being inviting. It's a desk, not a chair.
since we're talking about office stuff, I hated when people used to walk up to my cube and ask where so-and-so is. Not somebody from my group, not even somebody from the IT department, but somebody from a floor or two down who I may interact with once every 2-3 months. I'm sure location had a lot to do with it, but it still didn't make it right. My former location had a corner cube that was on a walkway that was traveled by almost everybody, which makes appreciate my new office even more. Basically I'm in a side hallway sharing an office with another person from our group, but if you blink or don't know where the office is, it's very easy to miss. 8-)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I have a friend who's in the Air Force, good guy, been in for a while has accomplished a good bit. I respect that. But he has been Humblebrag city for a long time now and I'm ready to block him on Twitter. I'd say a good 4 or 5 times a day he tweets that he's in the military. And its for no reason he just throws stuff in there. He tweets non stop about hockey even tho hes been a fan for about 2 years and doesnt know his ass from his elbow. He already did twice today and just sent out another "Getting ready to take off for a few hours, when I land hope to hear some good news about the NHL Lockout.

Its really really annoying. I called him out a couple weeks ago, he was going to see some show and tweets "This Air Force flight engineer and his wife can't wait to see so and so's concert" Earlier today he went to southpointe for the pens practice and tweets, "Pens practice in the morning then working on engines and getting ready to fly during the afternoon. Just a typical military day for this guy lol"

I mean seriously, your in the military and you fly planes, we get it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

*You're in the military :pop: :slug:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

lol I never make that mistake either
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Repetitive sounds drive me insane. Chewing, snoring, beeping stuff like that drives me insane and make me want to punch whatever is making said noise
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

When going through Dunkin Donuts drive-thru, it drives me nuts that they don't have a list anywhere of what donuts they currently have. Sure, I have a pretty good idea of what is offered, but it still would be nice to know what is in stock that day. And don't get an attitude with me when I ask if a certain one is available and you have to check.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

meow wrote:No front gate. And my the only reason my desk is big is because I have two 36 in monitors
Rylan wrote:Look at meow dropping that he is a big shot
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I have a friend who's in the Air Force, good guy, been in for a while has accomplished a good bit. I respect that. But he has been Humblebrag city for a long time now and I'm ready to block him on Twitter. I'd say a good 4 or 5 times a day he tweets that he's in the military. And its for no reason he just throws stuff in there. He tweets non stop about hockey even tho hes been a fan for about 2 years and doesnt know his ass from his elbow. He already did twice today and just sent out another "Getting ready to take off for a few hours, when I land hope to hear some good news about the NHL Lockout.

Its really really annoying. I called him out a couple weeks ago, he was going to see some show and tweets "This Air Force flight engineer and his wife can't wait to see so and so's concert" Earlier today he went to southpointe for the pens practice and tweets, "Pens practice in the morning then working on engines and getting ready to fly during the afternoon. Just a typical military day for this guy lol"

I mean seriously, your in the military and you fly planes, we get it.
sounds like a Seinfeld episode...
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

People that use the far right lane as a passing lane, and then jump over at the last second. People are guilty of this around Robinson Town Center heading into town and going up the hill to Green Tree, heading towards town. Even worse are the people who use it as a way to cheat during rush hour.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

JS© wrote:People that use the far right lane as a passing lane, and then jump over at the last second. People are guilty of this around Robinson Town Center heading into town and going up the hill to Green Tree, heading towards town. Even worse are the people who use it as a way to cheat during rush hour.
People in the left and middle lanes should know how to move over when they see faster traffic coming through :pop:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

JS© wrote:People that use the far right lane as a passing lane, and then jump over at the last second. People are guilty of this around Robinson Town Center heading into town and going up the hill to Green Tree, heading towards town. Even worse are the people who use it as a way to cheat during rush hour.
If I see someone coming up that far right lane that eventually exits inbound near Robinson Town Center going 90+ and I am far enough ahead, I'll move into the lane and create a roadblock.

This occasionally gets me an obscene gesture when I pull back left.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

MRandall25 wrote:
People in the left and middle lanes should know how to move over when they see faster traffic coming through :pop:
It ain't me. I'm doing 65-70 minimum, 75 if traffic is flowing. :P
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:When going through Dunkin Donuts drive-thru, it drives me nuts that they don't have a list anywhere of what donuts they currently have. Sure, I have a pretty good idea of what is offered, but it still would be nice to know what is in stock that day. And don't get an attitude with me when I ask if a certain one is available and you have to check.
I agree with this. Same thing if the DD is combined with a Baskin Robbins and you have to ask which flavors they have. One time, I couldn't remember the flavor I wanted because it was one of the first few mentioned and I had the girl repeat the list again. She was not too happy.

Also, I hate how so many companies are making you 'Like' their Facebook page to get a f'n coupon! The only I time I use Facebook recently is just to get a coupon! What happened with emailing it?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Here’s a timely one: I am peeved by the completely incorrect way many people use yam interchangeably with sweet potato. They are not the same thing. They aren’t even members of the same botanical family. Yams have tough, rough skins and are generally cylindrical in shape. They can grow several feet long and weigh many pounds. Yams are native to Africa and Asia. Sweet potatoes have thin, smooth skins and are usually short with tapered ends. They are native to the Americas. If you’re in the United States and not in a specialty market, you’re probably looking at sweet potatoes, not yams, no matter what the store calls them.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

When people use the phrase "good as hell" to describe something as being good. Hell is supposed to be a bad place, so if you describe something as being as good as hell that means it's bad.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:When people use the phrase "good as hell" to describe something as being good. Hell is supposed to be a bad place, so if you describe something as being as good as hell that means it's bad.
what about "bad as hell" to describe something as being good. :scared:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

"Good as *charcoal*" bothers me more.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Rylan wrote:"Good as *charcoal*" bothers me more.
Yeah, the s word for charcoal. Like, something's so good, it's THE CHARCOAL. What the hell does that mean.

And why are we talling like babies?