Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by JS© »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Froggy wrote:Using ezpass in a cash lane. There are open ezpass lanes... Quit gumming up the works for thecash folk
I'll do this if no one is in the cash lane, the EZPass lanes are all to the left and my exit is on the right soon after going through the toll both. Also, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have EZ Pass by now.
because I use a toll road maybe twice a year
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I think this one is very irrational but it still bothers me: when a commercial for the same company airs back to back. Noticed this yesterday when Geico showed the slinky on an escalator commercial only to follow it up with the Gallagher at a fruit market variation. I noticed Everest does the same thing, where the angry dude in the dark alley is talking about spending all day on the couch and being on the phone all day and 15 seconds later he's in another commercial talking about "the same old same old" in a completely different scene.

If I'm not sold on your product after the first commercial, why would I be sold after a second variation?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

JS© wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Froggy wrote:Using ezpass in a cash lane. There are open ezpass lanes... Quit gumming up the works for thecash folk
I'll do this if no one is in the cash lane, the EZPass lanes are all to the left and my exit is on the right soon after going through the toll both. Also, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have EZ Pass by now.
So you would get regular use out of it. Unless there is no way you are using a toll road, everyone that drives should have one.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

YOu have your own dedicated "Cash Only" lines if you want to use those. :pop:
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

newarenanow wrote:
YOu have your own dedicated "Cash Only" lines if you want to use those. :pop:
that is pretty much the exact opposite of my point.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

so it was a good argument?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Idoit40fans wrote:
JS© wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
So you would get regular use out of it. Unless there is no way you are using a toll road, everyone that drives should have one.
LOL, not exactly. Going off of the long trips I drove this year, I had one trip to Ohio for Warrior Dash. Now that I think of it, I think the return trip was the only part that required toll roads since I took a different route to Ohio since I was driving from Washington. Even my trips where I drive home every month or so, it's 376 to 22 with no tolls.

If I'm thinking regular use, I'm thinking monthly or at least every other month.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Why the **** can’t Facebook be set to remember that I want my feed to be sorted by Most Recent, not Most Popular?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Shyster wrote:Why the **** can’t Facebook be set to remember that I want my feed to be sorted by Most Recent, not Most Popular?
This drives me nuts as well.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Shyster wrote:Why the **** can’t Facebook be set to remember that I want my feed to be sorted by Most Recent, not Most Popular?
people having like 500 friends ruins facebook. i feel like it used to be that they just showed you everything from everybody - and chronologically. but then people had too much junk to wade through because they're friends with everyone they ever met, so FB built in their artificial intelligence to choose what's important to you. that was the point where i started hating facebook.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

These people who get involved in selling crap Amway style. Woman next door is involved in at least 3 separate MLM scams[\s] companies and sees it as a job. She gets annoyed when we don't buy anything. I might buy stuff i don't need that my neighbors' kids are selling as fundraisers to help out organizations they are involved with, but I'm not going to buy stuff I don't need that my neighbor is selling just because I'm her neighbor.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

when the word PENGUINS is spelled PENQUINS. There is no Q!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I got a new car a couple months ago. It has a digital bar gas gauge and also a screen showing how many miles until empty. Well every time the screen hits 70 miles until empty, there are still 2 or 3 bars on the gauge, yet the little gas pump light comes on. Drives me insane because Im not even close to needing gas yet I have to drive around staring at that thing the whole time. And even tho I have plenty of gas, I know it, it still makes me nervous in the back of my mind that im going to run out at any second.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I got a new car a couple months ago. It has a digital bar gas gauge and also a screen showing how many miles until empty. Well every time the screen hits 70 miles until empty, there are still 2 or 3 bars on the gauge, yet the little gas pump light comes on. Drives me insane because Im not even close to needing gas yet I have to drive around staring at that thing the whole time. And even tho I have plenty of gas, I know it, it still makes me nervous in the back of my mind that im going to run out at any second.
Every time my low fuel lights bleeps on, I think of that Seinfeld episode.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

The miles til empty thing in general is something I don't like. It's never right.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Hot pepper rings in salad bars. You have to pick at them individually or else you'll wind up with a bunch of inedible end-pieces.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

JS© wrote:The miles til empty thing in general is something I don't like. It's never right.
Yeah I dont take it as gospel, but when its 70 til empty and a have a few bars on the gauge, Im sure I'm good for a while.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

JS© wrote:The miles til empty thing in general is something I don't like. It's never right.
The guys on Top Gear ran a diesel Audi about 20 miles past the point where the miles til empty gauge said 0.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I'm not taking that chance.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Eismann wrote:Hot pepper rings in salad bars. You have to pick at them individually or else you'll wind up with a bunch of inedible end-pieces.
perhaps, you could invent some sort of hot pepper ring sieve that would cast out the abomination end pieces to leave just the bounty of acceptable and delicious rings?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Yeah I dont take it as gospel, but when its 70 til empty and a have a few bars on the gauge, Im sure I'm good for a while.
I think mine kicks in at 50 miles, but from the time it's down to 10 miles I might have put on 20-25 miles. That's what I mean about it being off.

That's not including when I fill up and it's listed as 400 mi but I'm only seeing 350-360 mi per tank. I'm sure that has more to do with my heavy foot than anything :)
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

canaan wrote:
Eismann wrote:Hot pepper rings in salad bars. You have to pick at them individually or else you'll wind up with a bunch of inedible end-pieces.
perhaps, you could invent some sort of hot pepper ring sieve that would cast out the abomination end pieces to leave just the bounty of acceptable and delicious rings?
We should start jarring hot peppers without the ends. Unbelieavable that this is an acceptable practice for companies to include the stem pieces.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The stems and seeds complaint seems universal.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

columbia wrote:The stems and seeds complaint seems universal.
:lol: :fist:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

This is ridiculous. I work for a title company and we pretty much do the entire home loan process for a ton of lenders and banks throughout the country. I mainly deal in the appraisal portion and deal directly with the contacts for these lenders. Well yesterday I'm getting hit with a lot of orders for disaster inspections or reinspections for homes that they are in the process of lending on - homes in states like NY and VA/DC. Okay fine, but it shouldnt take too much sense to realize many of these places are without power and not the easiest to get around right now.

Today my email is getting beat up with these same people who ordered these inspections complaining because its pushing back closing dates and causing a delay in the process. Ummm... A: YOU ORDERED THE DAMN THING and B: MAYBE YOU SHOULD EMAIL YOUR COMPLAINTS TO THE FREAKIN HURRICANE.

Not irrational, but I didnt want to go in JTOR and follow up the awesome Watermelon/Pumpkin Krang pic with work stuff.