Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Shyster »

The house across the street from mine has two outdoor light fixtures that I can see. One is over the front door, and one is above the garage door. Each contains a single bulb. As near as I can tell, my neighbors never turn them off. Even in the middle of the day, those lights are on. They don’t shine into my house or anything, and it’s their money to spend however they want, but the waste of electricity for burning two lights in the daytime really peeves me. They could at least get a couple of those screw-in dusk-to-dawn sensors if they can’t remember to turn off the lights.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Ha. My friends sisters house in college had Christmas lights around the porch that were on 24/7 for YEARS. The switch was in the stairwell which lead to the upstairs apartment and no had a key. They were on for like a year before she moved in when her friend lived there, for the 3 years she lived there, and for at least a year that my friends lived in the house across the street.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Cause /= Because
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

finishing a box of cereal sucks. especially when you run out of a particular cereal. example: today kenny the kangaroo had a half a bowl of raisin bran left. so there are a few options here: A.) Eat a half bowl of raisin bran B.) Mix raisin bran with, say, lucky charms or C.) Just make a second bowl of lucky charms and end up having another bowl to wash

each option sucks.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I hate when people refer to anyone with red hair as a ginger. Like even people that dye their hair red.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Froggy wrote:I hate when people refer to anyone with red hair as a ginger. Like even people that dye their hair red.
ginger isn't even red anyways - it's orange.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Froggy wrote:I hate when people refer to anyone with red hair as a ginger. Like even people that dye their hair red.
I just refer to them as "clown."

Or at least that particular red haired person.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I got one. People who loudly snort their nose and hock a loogie in the middle of the street.

I stopped by this farmers' fruit/veggie market and right before the store entrance this dude walked out and did that right in front of me.

So when he still had "it" in his mouth, I said 'BON APPETIT'. He spit it out and said 'What?'. I pointed at the spit on the ground and asked him if he was going to eat that. He asked me I had a problem. Well, I say 'no', that he does if he thinks this is acceptable behavior in public. So a few more back and forths, and we went our separate ways.

The guy was probably in his 50's and 4-5 inches taller than me. But it just hit me how gross it was and I had to say something.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:I got one. People who loudly snort their nose and hock a loogie in the middle of the street.
I worked with a guy that would do that all day in his cube at work and spit it in the garbage can. It was horrible. And typically I'm considered the gross one, so for me to say that, it was gross.

Alls you heard ALL day was him sucking it in forcing it up into his mouth, and then the loogie hitting the garabage can. He did it like 25-30 times a day.

And when he went to the bathroom, you'd see them floating in the urinal or just sitting in the sink.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

meow wrote:Cause /= Because
'Cause does :pop:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

newarenanow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I got one. People who loudly snort their nose and hock a loogie in the middle of the street.
I worked with a guy that would do that all day in his cube at work and spit it in the garbage can. It was horrible. And typically I'm considered the gross one, so for me to say that, it was gross.

Alls you heard ALL day was him sucking it in forcing it up into his mouth, and then the loogie hitting the garabage can. He did it like 25-30 times a day.

And when he went to the bathroom, you'd see them floating in the urinal or just sitting in the sink.
Oh, man. If there's one thing that grosses me out, it's the thick yellow/green nose stuff.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sarcastic wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Fortunately, he no longer works here, so I don't have to deal with it anymore. It was just disgusting. Between him and the guy cracking his gum and chewing it like a horse for hours on end, I was in a living hell.

Oh, man. If there's one thing that grosses me out, it's the thick yellow/green nose stuff.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:finishing a box of cereal sucks. especially when you run out of a particular cereal. example: today kenny the kangaroo had a half a bowl of raisin bran left. so there are a few options here: A.) Eat a half bowl of raisin bran B.) Mix raisin bran with, say, lucky charms or C.) Just make a second bowl of lucky charms and end up having another bowl to wash

each option sucks.
to add to this, it sucks when you get a cereal in check form (shredded wheat, chex, oatmeal sq, etc) and the equivalent of a bowl gets crushed up and sits in the bottom in tiny destroyed pieces. You would think it would be like a bag of chips where its no big deal, you just lick your fingers and press against the crumbs and get as many small pieces as possible, but it's nothing like that. I don't know if it's the addition of milk or what, but I can't eat the little crushed pieces. I try to force them off on my kids, saying look how cool this cereal looks, its the same thing your eating just in miniature - just like you, eat it, it's awesome, but they are like, what the hell is that, I'm 3 but I'm not certainly not some monster, even the 1 yr old looks at it and then throws the bowl on the floor where the cat then comes over gives it some thought then looks up at me and hisses. holy rip, that probably reads like a cormac mccarthy sentence.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

eddysnake wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:finishing a box of cereal sucks. especially when you run out of a particular cereal. example: today kenny the kangaroo had a half a bowl of raisin bran left. so there are a few options here: A.) Eat a half bowl of raisin bran B.) Mix raisin bran with, say, lucky charms or C.) Just make a second bowl of lucky charms and end up having another bowl to wash

each option sucks.
to add to this, it sucks when you get a cereal in check form (shredded wheat, chex, oatmeal sq, etc) and the equivalent of a bowl gets crushed up and sits in the bottom in tiny destroyed pieces. You would think it would be like a bag of chips where its no big deal, you just lick your fingers and press against the crumbs and get as many small pieces as possible, but it's nothing like that. I don't know if it's the addition of milk or what, but I can't eat the little crushed pieces. I try to force them off on my kids, saying look how cool this cereal looks, its the same thing your eating just in miniature - just like you, eat it, it's awesome, but they are like, what the hell is that, I'm 3 but I'm not certainly not some monster, even the 1 yr old looks at it and then throws the bowl on the floor where the cat then comes over gives it some thought then looks up at me and hisses. holy rip, that probably reads like a cormac mccarthy sentence.
/thread
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:finishing a box of cereal sucks. especially when you run out of a particular cereal. example: today kenny the kangaroo had a half a bowl of raisin bran left. so there are a few options here: A.) Eat a half bowl of raisin bran B.) Mix raisin bran with, say, lucky charms or C.) Just make a second bowl of lucky charms and end up having another bowl to wash.
For those who are familiar with me here on LGP, I’m sure it would surprise no one to learn that I use a scale to portion out food like cereal. For example, I am in the process of eating a box of Corn Chex cereal. The box contains 14 ounces of cereal by weight, and I have decided to divide that into 7 servings of 2 ounces each. The cereal is then topped by 8 ounces of rice milk.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Why not just pour the bowl of rasin bran, eat it and then use the same bowl for lucky charms if you still want more. You can even use the left over milk.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

no dude, it just feels wrong.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:no dude, it just feels wrong.
I'm sure it feels wrong for people with severe OCD to touch door knobs without plastic bags on their hands as well. :pop:
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Theres no question that its stupid to be bothered by having to use the same bowl and same leftover milk for two cereals. That won't stop kenny the kangaroo from being grossed out though.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

There's the possibility of taste mixing. If I want to eat Lucky Charms, I only want to taste Lucky Charms. Not a hint of Raisin Bran
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

If I'm on an eating binge, I'm using one plate/bowl. That means a bowl of cereal, followed by using that bowl for my chicken nuggets, followed by that same bowl to shelter the sandwich I just made. Economical.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

eddysnake wrote:

each option sucks.
#wheatmeridian
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

The world is so freakin' politically correct now that we can't refer to football games as "The Red River Shootout" and "The World's Largest Cocktail Party."
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Using ezpass in a cash lane. There are open ezpass lanes... Quit gumming up the works for thecash folk
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Froggy wrote:Using ezpass in a cash lane. There are open ezpass lanes... Quit gumming up the works for thecash folk
I'll do this if no one is in the cash lane, the EZPass lanes are all to the left and my exit is on the right soon after going through the toll both. Also, I don't understand why everyone doesn't have EZ Pass by now.