Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by blackjack68 »

PghSkins wrote:<Color Commentator> is SO biased against <My Team>. <Color Commentator> has hated <my team> since <event> and it is even worse since he started working on TV. I am going to start an email campaign to <network> to try to get them to at least take <Color Commentator> off my team's games if not fire him. He is so un-objective.

Why do you have to bring Cris Collingsworth into this thread?

:pop:
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

blackjack68 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:<Color Commentator> is SO biased against <My Team>. <Color Commentator> has hated <my team> since <event> and it is even worse since he started working on TV. I am going to start an email campaign to <network> to try to get them to at least take <Color Commentator> off my team's games if not fire him. He is so un-objective.

Why do you have to bring Cris Collingsworth into this thread?

:pop:
Because it's off season for Edzo and Pierre.

And for the record while I'd like to say otherwise, I think both Troy Aikman and Moose Johnson do a good job.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

60sixx wrote:I do taxes for a living. This one is rifle/bell tower-worthy for me.

The FORM you SUBMIT with your tax information (i.e. 1040) is called a "TAX RETURN."

The MONEY you RECEIVE as a result of your taxes paid exceeding your liability is your "TAX REFUND."

REFUND.

The money you receive is not your return, but your REFUND.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
It should be called a "recovery of stolen property". Unfortunately that's all I can say on the matter in this thread. We've been forewarned that there's only ONE political thread. :)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I hate when people either a) don't sing the right lyrics or b) can't match the melody of a song.

If you do that, why bother trying to sing? Those are the most important parts.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

MRandall25 wrote:I hate when people either a) don't sing the right lyrics or b) can't match the melody of a song.

If you do that, why bother trying to sing? Those are the most important parts.
"There's a bathroom on the right..."

http://testpattern.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... right?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I am peeved that some of my peeves are not family-friendly and NSFW, and therefore I can’t post them here.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

While rational to ask the person behind the seafood counter if the fish is fresh, it is an irrational pet peeve of mine when they hold up the line and point to each piece and actually do ask.

What, do you think the store would be selling you bad fish just because you didn't ask?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

People who freestyle during the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America.

If you want to make a song your own in a ****hole karaoke bar, go for it. I'd prefer not to hear you test your range by seeing how long you can hold a note or what level of C you can it during a 7th inning stretch or before a nationally televised NFL game.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Under what circumstances should a dog's head be sticking out the driver's window of a vehicle that's being driven? I'd argue none. A person in front of me on the way home from lunch apparently disagreed.

That's not good for anyone- the driver, the car, the other people on the road, the dog.....
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

PghSkins wrote:Under what circumstances should a dog's head be sticking out the driver's window of a vehicle that's being driven? I'd argue none. A person in front of me on the way home from lunch apparently disagreed.

That's not good for anyone- the driver, the car, the other people on the road, the dog.....
My dog sticks her head out the driver's window, but she is in the back seat. Is that a no-no?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

meow wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Under what circumstances should a dog's head be sticking out the driver's window of a vehicle that's being driven? I'd argue none. A person in front of me on the way home from lunch apparently disagreed.

My dog sticks her head out the driver's window, but she is in the back seat. Is that a no-no?
This dog was on the woman's lap. Its paws were on the window ledge.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

how people top off their gas tanks after the auto-stop function.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

LeopardLetang wrote:how people top off their gas tanks after the auto-stop function.
When the $$$ value doesn't end in XX.X0 :pop:
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

LeopardLetang wrote:how people top off their gas tanks after the auto-stop function.
I am completely guilty of this. But I mean say you drop $40. And it stops at 38.30, you can't tell me you wont try to top that off to get the full $40.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
I am completely guilty of this. But I mean say you drop $40. And it stops at 38.30, you can't tell me you wont try to top that off to get the full $40.
oh hah. never thought of that. i've never paid up front and then filled up before reaching it.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm very OCD about trying to get my price to end in zeros. once in my almost 10 years of driving, i've hit a double zero with the autostop.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Lol, I never go Past the autostop. It's not like people manually add and subtract their checkbook anymore. Who cares if it's an uneven value? I forget about the gas price before I even leave the station
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
This brings up a peripheral one.... prepaid gas when you want to use cash. I mean I understand that they have to protect themselves from drive offs or whatever but if I'm filling up, I don't know how much it's going to be. Just a pain I guess.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lol, I never go Past the autostop. It's not like people manually add and subtract their checkbook anymore. Who cares if it's an uneven value? I forget about the gas price before I even leave the station
OCD
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Fantasy football conversations.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:Fantasy football conversations.
No one has ever been interested in the transpirings of anyone else's fantasy football team.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

when your special someone wakes up before you, turns on a light, then leaves it on for 15 minutes even though they arent in the room. kenny the kangaroo is trying to sleep here, damnit. turn the light off when you are done.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I needed food for last weekend, so I decided to pick up a family meal from Long John Silvers and use it for multiple meals. I got an eight-piece fish family meal and ate that for supper from Friday–Monday. The quantity of sauce packets included with the meal was ridiculous. When I opened the bags, I found 4 tubs of cocktail sauce (I bought no shrimp), 10 packets of malt vinegar, and 14 packets of tartar sauce. Again, I bought eight pieces of fish.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

i've read people complain about people rocketing their shopping carts into the outdoor slots from a bit away. i actually enjoy doing that from time to time. but i came across something more annoying today. two shopping carts set just outside a completely empty slot blocking it off. that's even more lazy. just give them a push in so i don't have to for you. i contemplated leaving mine outside the slot too hoping to eventually lead to a pile of shopping carts setting in the traffic lane with the bin area empty.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

When you can't open a kitchen or desk drawer because something in the draw is sticking up high enough inside and you just can't reach it without hurting yourself.