Inception Warz Post-Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Inception Warz Post-Game Thread

Post by DocEmrick »

Ok so most of you know my game's are usually gigantic CF's of confusion, maybe not so much TOS Warz, but certainly UFO Warz and this one. The returning lot of you who were in TOS Warz know that I love the "third" role option, and if we ever get enough players, I do have a "three faction" game I'd like to try, but we can never get the number I really need, which is fine.

You'll now know that I like to use a lot of experimental elements in my games; TOS Warz introduced the "items," such as the communicatior, which allowed it's holder to send PM's to other players, stuff like that. I usually try and follow other MODs games and try to mimic them in terms of intelligence, because we have a LOT of great MODs here who do a bang up job on their games, even if it's just a simple warz game.

Inception Warz wasn't anything different that I haven't attempted in the past, but with a few tweaks here and there; some of which worked, and some of which didn't. I apologize first-hand for the confusion about the Assassin (I didn't know people would take the introductory sign-up thread as gospel, and that was a miscalculation on my part, and a large chunk of the game was changed due to the timespan before start, as well as reviewing the roles and seeing that one side was stacked, while the other was weak). Next sign-up thread will have NO information what-so-ever :twisted:

Inception Warz Break Down

Teams
- The Green Team, consisted of the Target (c2i), the Investigator (CBear3), and the Security Agent (Sam's Drunk Dog). (All 3 knew who each other were from the get-go, and had communication abilities via PM from Night 1)
- The Extraction Team, consisted of Dom Cobb (canaan), Eames (columbia), and Arthur (Rylan)
- Mal Cobb (shafnutz05), was as others had pointed out a completely independent entity capable of either helping or destroying the village.

Note: newarenanow was recruited in place of a kill

End-Game Item
- The end game item, the business expansion plans, were held by the Target from the start. The Target had the opportunity at any time to pass off the plans to his Security Agent for safekeeping. If the Security Agent was killed, the Extraction Team would not search for the plans, and instead they would default back to the Target.
- The goal of the Extraction Team was to get the plans using either Eames, or later constructing a dream-level of confusion to trick the Target. Eames had abilities to dodge one see, which he did, and had the ability to contact the Target, falsifying his identity, asking for the plans.

The Dreamer and Dream Levels
- The original dreamer was redwill, if he would have been vanquished Day 1, the game would have been over :face:
- The dream levels were dictated by the Current Safe Level.
- The second dreamer was Krafster.

The Extraction Team
- The Extraction Team had to get the plans by either a.) tricking the Target, b.) killing the Target
- The Extraction Team was tasked with causing as little damage as possible to the Target's subconscious. They had the option to do this by not swaying the vote either way. This did not mean they couldn't participate, but they couldn't finish off any votes.
- Each Day when they didn't harm the subconscious, their Safe Level increased 1 point. When they reached 3 points, Dom Cobb was able to change who the dreamer was, and take them to a deeper dream level. As seen in the deeper dream levels, a time limit was installed (3 hours, and if they would have got one level further, it would have been a 1 hour limit, making the days go by super fast.) The deeper levels also gave both sides "Daytime Actions," because things get stranger in deeper dreams.
- As an added bonus, and for some possible humor, the Dream Architect was allowed to craft the location of the write-up. (A locked political thread requested by nan in the end :lol: )

The Green Team
- Special thanks to c2i for bearing with his role, as it was pretty confusing. The idea was as he got deeper into the dream, his defenses increased, allowing him kills. At first, his hands were pretty much tied.
- The Security Agent was your typical angel role.
- The Investigator was your typical seer role.

Mal Cobb
- Looking back, Mal was underpowered. Her powers varied from night to night, culminating in her ability to PM individuals. Her PM's could be as creative as she wanted. Shad unfortunately PM'ed canaan spilling his guts in the following PM:
shafnutz05 wrote: Hello sir. This is a mod-approved PM, as you can see. I'm Dom Cobb's dead wife (if you remember from the movie). My sole goal is to make sure he dies, and I have to work with the subconscious to ensure that happens. Basically, if the "village" wins, I (we) win. If Dom Cobb lives, I lose (village loses too). My role isn't really independent, more of a wild card "village-aligned" player.

I'm assuming you are a normal blue player, and I based that off of your going after columbia yesterday. I have some abilities that will definitely help us out, so keep that in mind going forward. Cheers!
to which canaan responded:
canaan wrote: Mod-approved reply:

I am a subconscious projection. The Columbia move seemed out of whack and i went with my gut. it validated my idea when he really didnt even lend credence or fight what i was saying, like he hoped it would just get overlooked or tossed out--i figured SDD had some sort of role with the assured way he was posting--he was very confident in his posts.

This game has been pretty bonkers so far (classic, doc ). I dont know if you can reply to this PM, but if you can im gonna ask a lot of questions and you can answer what you know, or what you feel comfortable with giving me.

My thoughts, questions, etc:

Pavel has been suspiciously quiet...i cant even get a handle on him, but hes been active in other threads. Not very PB-like. any input you have on him (or to not worry about him til we get more information) would be a help.

if Dom dies, is that the ballgame, or do we have to get the whole extraction team eliminated for us to win?

obvious: any hint to what your powers are or may be? given doc's resume, im sure it is a question mark or could change.

any ideas on who the other baddies are?

lets play it pretty patient for the next day or two. im gonna try and dial it back this round because i dont want to catch too much heat from the baddies and get chopped. there are a lot of people left and its in our best interest that we eliminate some non-participators. that being said, i believe there is at least one baddy that is laying low. with this many people and not a ton of action, i think columbia played the out and about posting baddy while at least one other posted very little or not at all. (cbear, pb to name a couple).

i think thats it for now.
i hope you can reply.

good luck.
The Ending

- In the end, the Dream Architect was the last red standing, so he had the ability to pretty much dictate how the dream looked. Using the Assassin debacle from earlier, this allowed us to use a new end-game procedure called "The Final Choice," which everyone passed with flying colors.

Night by night breakdown will be posted shortly.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Inception Warz Post-Game Thread

Post by newarenanow »

I have no idea what happened. Maybe if I saw the movie, it would have helped.

But great game Doc. Seems like those that knew what was going on enjoyed it big time. I was just lost the entire time, mainly because I never saw the movie.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Doc, great, compelling game. I still hate canaan 4 LYFE but great game.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

shafnutz05 wrote:Doc, great, compelling game. I still hate canaan 4 LYFE but great game.
Thanks Shad, I couldn't believe it when you PM'ed canaan...
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Had a lot of fun, thanks Doc and the co-mod crew. I think the extra Inception elements kept a lot of people confused/on their toes, and added to the conversation.
Congrats to my teammates SDD, and especially c2i since I blew up his PM inbox this game, there was one good thing about being gunned down early SDD!
Good job making the right call on the plans village. I expect future end choices to be a bit more tricky though, since we knew Ariadne was still out there and columbia never faced an Assassin's bullet.

Doc, what was the deal with 9:55?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I got a PM that I was the Assassin over the weekend, and then the game was over.

Because I wasn't around, did I miss out on something?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

CBear3 wrote:Had a lot of fun, thanks Doc and the co-mod crew. I think the extra Inception elements kept a lot of people confused/on their toes, and added to the conversation.
Congrats to my teammates SDD, and especially c2i since I blew up his PM inbox this game, there was one good thing about being gunned down early SDD!
Good job making the right call on the plans village. I expect future end choices to be a bit more tricky though, since we knew Ariadne was still out there and columbia never faced an Assassin's bullet.

Doc, what was the deal with 9:55?
i had the option of letting columbia die and confusing the world more or saving him. i had to get the vote in before majority was reached and it happened simultaneously.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the funny/annoying part is that i was the one that first brought up not believing the write-ups, and then it eventually got me in perma-trouble. womp womp.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Were the greens able to communicate from the start of the game?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

columbia wrote:Were the greens able to communicate from the start of the game?
Yes.