*** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Post by canaan »

the dreamer exists outside of the dream and has a projection within the dream. the target is the lead defense of the dreamer's plans. if the target is located, there may be a chance of survival. if the dreamer is eliminated, the dream is over.

the reds have to find the target before killing the dreamer, as doing the opposite would end the game or could not happen.

then again, you can choose not to believe me at all and keep rocking the "eliminate canaan" card. this, again, is just based off of assumption/speculation
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

so killing the dreamer in the dream is the way to win?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

nvm, that came straight from doc's first post. we can win by waking up (killing) the dreamer or getting rid of the extraction team. what happens if the target dies before the extraction team can find him/her?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I didn't initially read waking up the dreamer as killing the dreamer but I guess that would be the way you would do it. I've been wondering how we go about waking them up. I guess it would be by killing.

canaan, that really doesn't fit with the initial sign up thread:
As a member of the subconscious mind, your primary goal is the protection of the Target. In this case, the Target, is a corporate CEO. Members of the Extraction Team have boarded a cruise ship with the Target, and are trying to extract information regarding his future expansion plans for a rival corporation. The Target has been trained in subconscious extraction, and has two trained soldiers to help him. The Bodyguard can protect any part of the Target's subconscious, including the Target himself. The Assassin can assassinate any part of the Target's mind. Likewise the Target can use his training to see what part's of his mind are truly his.
If the Target were the lead defense of the dreamer's plans, he would be a projection and would not have his own subconscious (see "the Target's subconscious"). It also says directly that the Target is the CEO.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ah, i read that wrong then.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I don't think I've ever played a game where I'm not even sure how to win.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Well, one thing is for sure, we can win by eliminating reds.

As to the other condition -- waking up the dreamer -- I am totally confused. Obviously the dream must not know that he is the dreamer, so....

The Target has particular powers that he can use, apparently. So, the Target knows that he is the Target. If the Target is the dreamer and the target knows that he is the Target, he should know that he is the dreamer. I doubt its this simple, but...

Hey, Target. PM Doc that you want to wake up.

Assuming that doesn't work, I guess the Target and the dreamer have to be different, even though the initial game outline suggests that they are the same. Even if they are different, I can't see how the dreamer can be participating in this game other than through his/her projection. It wouldn't make sense for one of the random blues to be the dreamer, though, would it? So I don't know who the dreamer could be.

Maybe we should just focus on findings reds for now...
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

so can we vote now or not? cause i'd like to change mine
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I get the impression that any votes at this time will not be counted, but that's not stopping you from saying what you want to say.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

redwill wrote:I get the impression that any votes at this time will not be counted, but that's not stopping you from saying what you want to say.
ha, well oddly enough. it's you i'd like to vote for. I've created this false dilemma in my head of having to choose either you or canaan, and i think im going to side with canaan for the time being. Though, I'd like to hear more on your role claim from the early goings of the game. I dont feel that's gotten any attention so far.

You also havent come at me much, which ironically enough makes me suspicious of you. Nor have you really added much in the way of game-theory lately, also seems unlike you. And if you throw in the ulf kill, and the fact that you've admitted to doing things like that in the past, the ramblings, and a few other points of concern i think you're a great choice right now.

At least someone who I'd like to hear a little more from.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Benny Fitz wrote:ha, well oddly enough. it's you i'd like to vote for.
Yeah, I figured that.
Benny Fitz wrote:I've created this false dilemma in my head of having to choose either you or canaan, and i think im going to side with canaan for the time being. Though, I'd like to hear more on your role claim from the early goings of the game. I dont feel that's gotten any attention so far.
Have I made a role claim?
Benny Fitz wrote:You also havent come at me much, which ironically enough makes me suspicious of you. Nor have you really added much in the way of game-theory lately, also seems unlike you.
Game theory has gone out the window in this game, I think. In any case, my take on it has not left me the least bit confident.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

DAY PHASE CONTINUES

Votes are reset. Day 4 ends at 4:00 pm EST.

MOD Note:Sorry for the mix-up guys, I got a few complaints via PM regarding the time limit on the day phase.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Benny Fitz wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:i like a redwill or canaan vote too. MWB 3rd.

When they're all alive something's up.

if canaan is first to go then so be it.

vanquish canaan
vanquish Benny, I feel like he's very obvious. Not reading what shad was saying and continuing to make his push using reasoning that shad had already explained away. Now using people being alive as a reason when there is actual info to go on and the whole, "well gosh if this guy has to be first then that's cool with me." line. I don't like it.

vanquish benny
is it just me, or are all your posts riddled with inconsistencies?
Listen you scream red. The things you've done are red tells that come out later in the game but are usually masked a bit if people have been deep into following the game. I put the votes on shad because of a tell he gave off on day 1. Then I purposely stayed away so my thinking wouldn't be muddled when I really got into it. When someone is trying to build a case to get someone lynched (like you did for shad) and totally ignore anything their saying especially when they address one of the very things you're trying to lynch them for that's a red move to further your agenda. Second being all laissez-faire about voting today and simply following someone when there's info you should be using to cast votes screams red again. You are giving off massive red tells and need to go.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Oh and if votes are reset vanquish Benny
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

anything they're saying*

in the paragraph above, God and I'm teaching.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 4 Vote Count

1 - Benny Fitz (Pavel Bure)

Day 4 ends at 4:00 pm EST, with 14 remaining it will take 8 to vanquish.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 4 Action

canaan strolled into the lobby along with a slew of guests. As he turned he saw a pipe hit him, and he fell to the ground. Before the assailant could continue their assault, the subconscious jumped into protect him. The assailant barely escaped, but was unidentified due to the ski mask he had been wearing, more like a skin mask. Very professionally done. canaan got up with the help of several others including Benny, and Krafster.
Last edited by DocEmrick on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

lynch redwill
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 4 Vote Count

1 - redwill (Krafster)

Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

vanquish redwill
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

DocEmrick wrote:Day 4 Action

canaan strolled into the lobby along with a slew of guests. As he turned he saw a pipe hit him, and he fell to the ground. Before the assailant could continue their assault, the subconscious jumped into protect him. The assailant barely escaped, but was identified due to the ski mask he had been wearing, more like a skin mask. Very professionally done. canaan got up with the help of several others including Benny, and Krafster.
he was identified? sooooooo....do we get know who tried to kill canaan or do only certain get that info?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 4 Vote Count

2 - redwill (Krafster, Kaizer)

DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

count2infinity wrote:
DocEmrick wrote:Day 4 Action

canaan strolled into the lobby along with a slew of guests. As he turned he saw a pipe hit him, and he fell to the ground. Before the assailant could continue their assault, the subconscious jumped into protect him. The assailant barely escaped, but was unidentified due to the ski mask he had been wearing, more like a skin mask. Very professionally done. canaan got up with the help of several others including Benny, and Krafster.
he was identified? sooooooo....do we get know who tried to kill canaan or do only certain get that info?
Oops....
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

interesting.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »