*** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: *** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Post by Benny Fitz »

Willie Kool wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Columbia has (had) an extremely valuable power for the reds that threw us off in a big way. It wouldn't make any sense for canaan to sacrifice columbia "to gain favor".
I tend to agree with this. SDD, if making a false claim and giving us columbia after he lost his power, would have had little to lose and much to gain.
so why didnt the reds go after SDD?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Willie Kool wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Columbia has (had) an extremely valuable power for the reds that threw us off in a big way. It wouldn't make any sense for canaan to sacrifice columbia "to gain favor".
I tend to agree with this. SDD, if making a false claim and giving us columbia after he lost his power, would have had little to lose and much to gain.
Sorry I'm just a little confused how SDD got thrown into the canaan conversation, can you try this for me again?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

canaan was on columbia Day 1. Columbia lost his power at the end of that day. SDD didn't get on him until he was pretty much useless to the reds. SDD's claim can't be challenged because IMO the seer and Target are the same person per the sign-up thread.

Exactly Benny - other than he is red?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I saw that columbia was a "strange person" , which led me to believe that he was red. I tried to give that information to the village without stating I had seer powers, but the village didn't realize that until I identified myself as the seer. I think there may have been some, shaf, kaizer, WK, and redwill that led the village away from my story. I think of those, Kaizer is the most suspicious since he was sublte with his support. Doc's writeup pretty much confirms that I am a green player, so I don't know why anyone doesn't trust me.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 3 Action

The Projections gathered in a hotel lobby, awaiting the arrival of the Security Agent.

Sam's Drunk Dog entered the lobby, and the projections stopped talking and listened eagerly for him to hopefully reveal some new information. As he went to speak, the glass encasing the foyer shattered, and three figures descended from ropes.

SDD pulled out his pistol firing, but suddenly he couldn't move.
Spoiler:
As time began to slow down, the Extraction Team seemed un-affected by the shift.

Bullets flew from Cobb's gun, two hitting SDD square in the chest.
Spoiler:
The Extraction Team made a quick escape, as the projections were helpless. The effect wore off after a few moments.
Spoiler:
The Extraction Team had killed Sam's Drunk Dog, the Security Agent.

It is still Day 3

With 16 remaining it will take 9 to vanquish.

1. Kaizer
2. shafnutz05
3. canaan
4. c2i
5. redwill
6. columbia - Eames, the Extraction Team's Forger killed and woken up by his own team on Day 2
7. SDD - The Security Agent, killed Day 3
8. newarenanow
9. ulf - Subconcious Projection vanqiushed on Night 1
10. Pavel Bure
11. CBear3
12. obhave
13. Troy Loney
14. Krafster
15. Willie Kool
16. Benny Fitz
17. Rylan
18. Loaf31
19. PFiDC - Subconcious Projection vanqiushed on Day 1
20. MWB
Day 3 Vote Count

1 - shafnutz05 (Pavel Bure)
1 - Benny Fitz (shafnutz05)

Votes may resume, there is no time limit for today.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ugh.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

....i trust you now SDD
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Willie Kool wrote:canaan was on columbia Day 1. Columbia lost his power at the end of that day. SDD didn't get on him until he was pretty much useless to the reds. SDD's claim can't be challenged because IMO the seer and Target are the same person per the sign-up thread.

Even if you don't buy canaan, I fully believe that one of the early votes on columbia was a red. They would have known that he could make his Assassin claim. I still don't totally understand what Columbia's role was, but it seems clear that the writeup was designed to mislead the village about his allegiance (i.e., that he was green).

canaan was the 4th vote on columbia. Contrary to shaf's comment, canaan wasn't "pounding on the podium" to kill columbia (see pg. 7). Actually, my suspicion of canaan can be summed up reading all of his posts on page 7. Reference to the reds being able to doctor the write ups, what I still believe to be an odd bit of logic on the vig role claim, etc. That and canaan is someone bold enough to try this move. In fact, if you want to know what I really think, I think we're looking at a trio of columbia, canaan, and redwill.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Benny Fitz wrote:....i trust you now SDD
:lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

So there apparently was a recruit - "and three figures descended from ropes."
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So Benny posts for like the first time calling out some things, there is a day kill, and then post immediatley after SDD is killed after questioning why he wasn't a target, looking somewhat clueless. Hmmm.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kraftster wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:canaan was on columbia Day 1. Columbia lost his power at the end of that day. SDD didn't get on him until he was pretty much useless to the reds. SDD's claim can't be challenged because IMO the seer and Target are the same person per the sign-up thread.

Even if you don't buy canaan, I fully believe that one of the early votes on columbia was a red. They would have known that he could make his Assassin claim. I still don't totally understand what Columbia's role was, but it seems clear that the writeup was designed to mislead the village about his allegiance (i.e., that he was green).

canaan was the 4th vote on columbia. Contrary to shaf's comment, canaan wasn't "pounding on the podium" to kill columbia (see pg. 7). Actually, my suspicion of canaan can be summed up reading all of his posts on page 7. Reference to the reds being able to doctor the write ups, what I still believe to be an odd bit of logic on the vig role claim, etc. That and canaan is someone bold enough to try this move. In fact, if you want to know what I really think, I think we're looking at a trio of columbia, canaan, and redwill.
i watched the movie in prep for the game. i voted for columbia day 1 and stuck with that vote. i didnt believe his role claim, as my theory laid out (not succinctly enough for you, i suppose). i went based off of the idea that cobb et al can construct the dream world and could manipulate the dream to show a specific outcome. i think that me staying on columbia supported the stance that the baddies can amend the write-ups so they arent caught in lies. if that makes me bad, i dont know what else to say. im not going to lay back and get accused of being bad because im trying to think how i'd write the game, given the theme. the logic i used per the information i had was pretty valid. what did i say that didnt make any sense? we come up with different theories on how a game is going to progress and how a baddy is going to respond, but i have one that you dont feel has credence, but makes a ton of sense to me within the realm of Inception, and i was right about it, while WK outright doubts the outed seer and that doesnt cast any doubts on your thought process? its pure tunnel vision or cynical intentions.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

i think theres a new trio, since apparently theres still 3 reds.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Good luck village
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

canaan wrote:
Kraftster wrote:

i watched the movie in prep for the game. i voted for columbia day 1 and stuck with that vote. i didnt believe his role claim, as my theory laid out (not succinctly enough for you, i suppose). i went based off of the idea that cobb et al can construct the dream world and could manipulate the dream to show a specific outcome. i think that me staying on columbia supported the stance that the baddies can amend the write-ups so they arent caught in lies. if that makes me bad, i dont know what else to say. im not going to lay back and get accused of being bad because im trying to think how i'd write the game, given the theme. the logic i used per the information i had was pretty valid. what did i say that didnt make any sense? we come up with different theories on how a game is going to progress and how a baddy is going to respond, but i have one that you dont feel has credence, but makes a ton of sense to me within the realm of Inception, and i was right about it, while WK outright doubts the outed seer and that doesnt cast any doubts on your thought process? its pure tunnel vision or cynical intentions.
It probably is tunnel vision. I'll come right out and tell you that I got this in my head, and I have no doubt that I'm finding things where I wouldn't if this seed wasn't already planted in my mind. Tunnel vision can be correct, though.

Revisit for me, if you would, the upside in role claiming the vig.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Wow I missed a lot.

Based on the events today I feel comfortable with a Benny vote.

vanquish Benny Fitz
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

newarenanow wrote:So Benny posts for like the first time calling out some things, there is a day kill, and then post immediatley after SDD is killed after questioning why he wasn't a target, looking somewhat clueless. Hmmm.
im sorry, kettle, i forgot you were playing.

my post came before SDD's kill, and its a valid question. Which now seems like they planned to kill 'off' at night knowing they could kill SDD today when he was unprotected from the angel. Still though, why would the angel save c2i?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Benny Fitz wrote:
newarenanow wrote:So Benny posts for like the first time calling out some things, there is a day kill, and then post immediatley after SDD is killed after questioning why he wasn't a target, looking somewhat clueless. Hmmm.

my post came before SDD's kill, and its a valid question. Which now seems like they planned to kill 'off' at night knowing they could kill SDD today when he was unprotected from the angel. Still though, why would the angel save c2i?
Getting a little defensive, huh?
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

newarenanow wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:

Getting a little defensive, huh?
c'mon. im too flexible to be bent out of shape.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kraftster wrote:
canaan wrote:
Kraftster wrote:

It probably is tunnel vision. I'll come right out and tell you that I got this in my head, and I have no doubt that I'm finding things where I wouldn't if this seed wasn't already planted in my mind. Tunnel vision can be correct, though.

Revisit for me, if you would, the upside in role claiming the vig.
this is my thought process, flawed as you may think it be:

redwill's post on page 2 started the idea of analyzing the milieu of the game.

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 5#p2197573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Redwill wrote:I can tell you to beware. The rules have no meaning here. They can change anything they want at any time.
shad's post got the wheels turning

http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 5#p2197590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shad wrote:I have a suspicion columbia is telling the truth, if only for the fact that he didn't role-claim an angel. Role-claiming as the vig makes no sense for a red player, because the real vig can just shoot him the following night. If you role claim as the angel, the only good player that knows you are full of crap is the real angel, and what is he or she going to do about it?
this move by the reds has been played and played and played. columbia has played this game before (winning as an indy, iirc) and has the mindset to act differently.

c2i also is completely oblivious to the possibility, or acting as such.
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 5#p2197675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
c2i wrote:columbia isn't cleared. he made a role claim, so we can safely assume he's an RP (or a really really stupid blue).
it wasn't a baseless theory, but this foundation is where i based my decision. the concept was so overlooked, and columbia knew it was the different route to pick. the idea brought up from redwill's quote made the removal of his ability far too convenient and sudden, as if the baddies were saying "there, lets close the book on this lie and confirm columbia as blue. he will be the trusted one." SDD investigated him and outed himself, or i'd still be arguing the vote. :lol:
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

so canaan, are you then suspicious of c2i despite being saved? And what of redwill and shaf?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Day 3 Vote Count

1 - shafnutz05 (Pavel Bure)
2 - Benny Fitz (shafnutz05, obhave)
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

And you think columbia just rolled the dice on the real Assassin just sitting the next several nights out?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

p.s. thank you for obliging my request. I am considering your response.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

I dont think there is a real assassin, Eames was duplicating the identity of one, and its gone now.