1 - Loaf (columbia)
1 - Willie Kool (redwill)

It will take 9 to vanquish.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: *** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:im down for columbia. it makes a ton of sense re: role claim.
I'm missing the ton of sense it makes ...
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:
canaan wrote:im down for columbia. it makes a ton of sense re: role claim.
I'm missing the ton of sense it makes ...
Ditto.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, what possible reason could you have to think that my believing Columbia is suspicious? Let's follow this sequence of events:

1) Columbia gets votes on him.
2) Role claims as the vig/assassin.
3) That night, the Extraction Team discovers the assassin, thus stripping him of his powers and making him a part of the subconscious.

Doc didn't remove the assassin role before the game, as it was clearly stated in the last night writeup that The Assassin was caught by the Extraction Team. I don't know about anyone else, but that convinced me that columbia was telling the truth.

I think your theory is WAY off base, but I also think there's no way you would make such an outlandish claim if you were red.
I realize that I am putting my self out there with what looks like an outlandish claim, but I see this to be a very possible option.

Also, I think the extraction team would just kill the assassin if they discovered him. Why would he be made part of the subconscious? That part doesn't make any sense.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I assume they didn't have any kills at their disposal...just the ability to take away my power.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

let me 'splain...

if you were a red and you were up against the wall, what would you do?

a.) role claim blue and brush it off as no big deal/off me if you must.
b.) role claim green

role claiming blue changes no opinion of the village early in the game because its an "oh well, were getting the game moving" move. doesnt help a red at this point.

going under the idea of option b...

if you were to role claim a green, which would you choose?
a.) angel
b.) seer
c.) the vig

role claiming the angel is the most base level defense and is meant to bring out the other angel (lolomg the real angel will come out and out himself) or a desperate attempt to gain instant trust.

role claiming the seer is dumb, unless you actually are the seer because it pretty much is a death warrant.

role claiming the vig (or assassin, in this instance) leads to a specific level of pull back from the village, without really warranting a response from the reds. more so than not, the vig will kill greens/blues along the way because of the percentages. add also, the role is easily brushed off by the village as being plausible because it isnt nearly as important. its the best move for a desperate player.

...if that makes sense.

columbia, if we believe him, is blue. if this is an interesting early desperate gambit, then he is a red that slipped through a hearty random vote.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

based on the write up, i think columbia was the assassin and is now blue. the write up follows what happened yesterday with him claiming green and thus being discovered by cobb, losing his power is a facet of the game after being discovery. I also think that since were in different dream states and levels of the game, there may be a new assassin, or will be later as we go deeper.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Canaan, I can see all of your points if it wasn't for Doc's writeup the night before last.

Columbia role-claimed assassin, and that very night, the first thing the Extraction Team did was strip him of his power, thus making him a normal blue.

If nothing ever happened to The Assassin, I might be inclined to believe this. But IMO, that write-up erases nearly all doubt I have.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

canaan wrote:role claiming the vig (or assassin, in this instance) leads to a specific level of pull back from the village, without really warranting a response from the reds. more so than not, the vig will kill greens/blues along the way because of the percentages. add also, the role is easily brushed off by the village as being plausible because it isnt nearly as important. its the best move for a desperate player.
But doesn't one run the risk that the real vig (Assassin) come forward to disprove the claim?

Getting the vig is not that great a coup for the reds. Often, the vig does more to harm the village than help it. What red would risk losing a red to get the vig?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i dont care what the write-up says. i think that the correlation between what happened in the write-up and the role claim was a little too convenient. its a doc game, so i have no doubt that the reds can give information to the write ups (planting the idea, if you will--inception) that can make the write up seem how they construct the dream to be. what better way to eliminate the doubt and validate his claim by building the dream world of the write up to undoubtedly support the claim?

i could be way off, but im trying to look at how i would construct a game with this theme and combine that with doc's ability to shake things up.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I will admit that is the one variable (Doc's crazy games), but IMO:

1) The real assassin not shooting columbia.
2) The real assassin being apprehended.

Make that theory hard to believe.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

redwill wrote:
canaan wrote:role claiming the vig (or assassin, in this instance) leads to a specific level of pull back from the village, without really warranting a response from the reds. more so than not, the vig will kill greens/blues along the way because of the percentages. add also, the role is easily brushed off by the village as being plausible because it isnt nearly as important. its the best move for a desperate player.
But doesn't one run the risk that the real vig (Assassin) come forward to disprove the claim?

Getting the vig is not that great a coup for the reds. Often, the vig does more to harm the village than help it. What red would risk losing a red to get the vig?
yes, but the gambit has a dynamic to it that an angel/seer claim doesn't. outing as the vig doesnt necessarily mean he will be called out by the real vig. players overvalue their power when they play as the vig--thinking that "hey im finally a green" and begin to see their importance/longevity of the game to be paramount to outing the player. ...but this isnt 100% true...just greater of a chance, based on the way people have played the vig up until now.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shafnutz05 wrote:I will admit that is the one variable (Doc's crazy games), but IMO:

1) The real assassin not shooting columbia.
2) The real assassin being apprehended.

Make that theory hard to believe.
i could be wrong, im not pounding the podium saying "kill, kill, kill" but its head and shoulders above any other scenario i can imagine given the circumstances.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

From Day 1 voting, if I were to pick some people, they would be Willie Kool, CBear3 (also hopping on votes) and Benny Fitz (his "Who kills ulf?" comment reminds me of a quote I made when we killed Rylan on Night 1 many games ago).

I know naming numerous people is suspicious in and of itself, but I'm just putting it out there.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

All things being equal, why the mod note at the end? Wouldn't make sense to include it if it was truly part of the normal flow of the game.

In other news, right now it appears shad's hitching his wagon to columbia pretty hard it would seem.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

That's why I don't think there is a green vig role in this game. If there was a green vig, he would have shot columbia last night. Of course the other option is that the green vig tried to shoot columbia last night but was unable to because the reds used a save last night. The green vig didn't need to come out yesterday and expose columbia if he could take a shot at him last night.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

canaan wrote: i have no doubt that the reds can give information to the write ups (planting the idea, if you will--inception) that can make the write up seem how they construct the dream to be.
I don't really agree with the columbia vote, but this is very plausible.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

CBear3 wrote:In other news, right now it appears shad's hitching his wagon to columbia pretty hard it would seem.
That sounds painful.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

:pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If that's some sort of warz hazing, I'm definitely not interested.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

I'm glad i'm not in that section of the subconscious.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

:lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

shafnutz05 wrote:Canaan, I can see all of your points if it wasn't for Doc's writeup the night before last.

Columbia role-claimed assassin, and that very night, the first thing the Extraction Team did was strip him of his power, thus making him a normal blue.

If nothing ever happened to The Assassin, I might be inclined to believe this. But IMO, that write-up erases nearly all doubt I have.
It was after the day phase, not the night phase, that columbia was stripped of being the Assassin. The extraction team did not do that at night, so unless they had powers to do so during the day, columbia was no longer the Assassin because he revealed his identity to everyone.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Kaizer wrote:based on the write up, i think columbia was the assassin and is now blue. the write up follows what happened yesterday with him claiming green and thus being discovered by cobb, losing his power is a facet of the game after being discovery. I also think that since were in different dream states and levels of the game, there may be a new assassin, or will be later as we go deeper.
Doc's games can get very confusing, and if what you say is true I just don't think I would ever get a hold of this game.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

redwill wrote:From Day 1 voting, if I were to pick some people, they would be Willie Kool, CBear3 (also hopping on votes) and Benny Fitz (his "Who kills ulf?" comment reminds me of a quote I made when we killed Rylan on Night 1 many games ago).

I know naming numerous people is suspicious in and of itself, but I'm just putting it out there.
Ah yes, the time you tried to make it seem like all the reds were inexperienced by picking Rylan and I get all the suspicion on me.

I could get behind a Benny Fitz vote.