The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Official LGP Pittsburgh Sport Radio Thread

Post by Troy Loney »

Can't wait for callers to start getting cutoff all the time when they bring it up.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

so good
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Ned braden: I admit it was hearsay info so if you are saying JB's demotion is false then I believe you and stand corrected.

Just got an email reminding me to attend the Fan Smoker at Ciopinnos Cigar and Wine Bar with Josh Miller -- and Paul Alexander.

Looks like Miller will be flying solo on that one.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

jimjom wrote:Ned braden: I admit it was hearsay info so if you are saying JB's demotion is false then I believe you and stand corrected.

Just got an email reminding me to attend the Fan Smoker at Ciopinnos Cigar and Wine Bar with Josh Miller -- and Paul Alexander.

Looks like Miller will be flying solo on that one.
Per the P-G article, he's supposedly going back to The Fan tomorrow.
SteelCityVoice

Post by SteelCityVoice »

Maybe they need to do a "Very special episode" of To Tell The Truth tomorrow.

Paul....were you driving drunk?
peterleefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by peterleefan »

So Alexander was dropped as Pitt sideline reporter by Pitt athletic dept- would he be losing out on additional compensation as well or would this fall under the " other duties as assigned" and he wouldnt be getting extra comp?

Pretty costly to him for many reasons....plus he lied to State trooper.....he will be lucky if he keeps his Fan gig........in the daytime to boot....
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I don't wish ill will on any one. Ive had my fair share of horrible things happen go me within the past 15 months. But my tolerance for drunk drivers is non existing. He should be treated like any other drunk. I don't give a f whom he is.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

He's on the air now. No mention of dui.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RJW76 »

He's never been better.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I don't wish ill will on any one. Ive had my fair share of horrible things happen go me within the past 15 months. But my tolerance for drunk drivers is non existing. He should be treated like any other drunk. I don't give a f whom he is.
This is exactly how I feel. My grandma was hit by a drunk driver, and her life was never the same until she passed.

I have ZERO tolerance for anyone who is drunk driving.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

So ron cook is tellin me that people only complain about players when theyre playing horribly?? Thats weird
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

DudeMan2766 wrote:So ron cook is tellin me that people only complain about players when theyre playing horribly?? Thats weird
the callers arent elite level complainers like ron cook. cook complains about everything, regardless of what happens.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:So ron cook is tellin me that people only complain about players when theyre playing horribly?? Thats weird
the callers arent elite level complainers like ron cook. cook complains about everything, regardless of what happens.
Well ive learned today that hes ALWAYS been in Pedros corner.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
He's obviously never read the LGP Pirates thread. :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

peterleefan wrote:So Alexander was dropped as Pitt sideline reporter by Pitt athletic dept- would he be losing out on additional compensation as well or would this fall under the " other duties as assigned" and he wouldnt be getting extra comp?

Pretty costly to him for many reasons....plus he lied to State trooper.....he will be lucky if he keeps his Fan gig........in the daytime to boot....
Technically since he gets up at like 3AM, him being drunk the in the daytime is like his night time.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

I get off work at 8AM and often listen to him on the way home, If he;s been drunk frequently that explainns a lot of the dummb crap he says in the morning.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Stoosh wrote: Doesn't surprise me at all about Benz, either. I've heard from a few people who encounter him somewhat, um...regularly at both the station and at events, and everything I've heard says he an absolutely insufferable prick.
You left out full of himself and short mans disease. I used to have regular interactions with him on a personal level, even drank with him several times and your description is dead, spot on.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Not really local but the Fox Sports Radio shows on the new Sports radio staion at 540 AM are really terrible.

I like Rome but that's about it. The morning show has some guy from NY who is more annoying than Vinnie and Artrell Hawkins, who doesn't really bring anything to the show. The afternoon show has three guys including one who laughs constantly at things that are not- nor are they intended to be- funny, and Pat O'Brien who makes Paul Alexander look like the master of humility. Add to that Petros Papadakis in the evenings, whose voice alone makes me want to bludgeon kittens.

Ugh.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

petros papadakis might be the worst guy on radio in the whole country. then again, if no one listens, can he really be the worst?
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I guess I get why Alexander didn't say anything - legality, incrimination etc. like can he possibly plead not guilty?

I used to go to the same gym as Benz. Had a conversation with him once about Pgh radio-this was when he was with 1250. He slammed Savran ripping him for his age, and sports talk listeners as nothing but provincial yinzerz.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:petros papadakis might be the worst guy on radio in the whole country. then again, if no one listens, can he really be the worst?
I like him, but I go into that show not expecting much sports. He's very random. I do like Matt Smith.

I have yet to find value in Pat O'Brien.

Artrell Hawkins is occasionally interesting, at least he has some relevant opinions on sports other than football (cough J Miller cough).

Andy Furman entertains me, as do many over-the-top NY sports guys.

Seth Everett on baseball is terrific.

Still miss the Czabe.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Eismann wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:petros papadakis might be the worst guy on radio in the whole country. then again, if no one listens, can he really be the worst?
I like him, but I go into that show not expecting much sports. He's very random. I do like Matt Smith.

I have yet to find value in Pat O'Brien.

Artrell Hawkins is occasionally interesting, at least he has some relevant opinions on sports other than football (cough J Miller cough).

Andy Furman entertains me, as do many over-the-top NY sports guys.

Seth Everett on baseball is terrific.

Still miss the Czabe.
I don't care what his sports knowledge is, Petros has the absolute most wretched voice I've ever heard out of a human being and he insists on screaming every 3rd or 4th word he says for whatever reason. Just completely unlistenable
SteelCityVoice

Post by SteelCityVoice »

A friend of mine who works at the Fan says Lacee Collins and Paul Alexander are filling in for Vinnie Richichi this weekend on Bucco Talk. Oh the irony.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

SteelCityVoice wrote:A friend of mine who works at the Fan says Lacee Collins and Paul Alexander are filling in for Vinnie Richichi this weekend on Bucco Talk. Oh the irony.
Well, Vinny had a heart related issue this week. Feel awful for the guy. He might suck as a host but i like him as a person. Get well Vinny.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

SteelCityVoice wrote:A friend of mine who works at the Fan says Lacee Collins and Paul Alexander are filling in for Vinnie Richichi this weekend on Bucco Talk. Oh the irony.
Tuned in for about a minute....Alexander is going on about how great his job is and all the important people he works with. I can't believe this man exists.