*** Werewolf XXIII Gameplay Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: *** Werewolf XXIII Gameplay Thread ***

Post by Willie Kool »

Congrats columbia. Thanks redwill and shaf.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

redwill wrote:
MWB wrote:Also, good catch by Kaizer on NAN over the weekend. One of the reasons I thought he was suspicious was because he threw NAN out like that, so I thought maybe he wanted him to be looked at or killed to waste a day for the village. Turned out he was exactly right.
As a mod, I felt really bad about that. It's no crime to be gone all weekend. To implicate someone because he's not around is not good Warzin', IMO. OTOH, perhaps relantel could have PM'd, but he may not have been around, either.

IDK. Maybe we should go back to the old method of asking a board mod to lock the thread for the weekend.
Yeah, I get what you're saying and kind of felt the same way. However, there really is no telling what role player is holding things up and who actually is or isn't around over the weekend.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

MWB wrote:I also messed up by coming out so quickly after Kraftster made his claim. I was in the middle of something, saw it, and figured I really didn't want to let that go on. However, if I had waited, Shad would have been able to come out and completely refute his "blue" claim. However, now that I think about it, Kraftster would have just said he called him blue so as not to tip off anyone to his role, so not sure it would have mattered.

Shad pointed out at the time, that Kraftster's "see" on him was a very safe bet.
Of course, that's when I decided that shad was about to be recruited. :face:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MWB wrote:
redwill wrote:
MWB wrote:Also, good catch by Kaizer on NAN over the weekend. One of the reasons I thought he was suspicious was because he threw NAN out like that, so I thought maybe he wanted him to be looked at or killed to waste a day for the village. Turned out he was exactly right.
As a mod, I felt really bad about that. It's no crime to be gone all weekend. To implicate someone because he's not around is not good Warzin', IMO. OTOH, perhaps relantel could have PM'd, but he may not have been around, either.

IDK. Maybe we should go back to the old method of asking a board mod to lock the thread for the weekend.
Yeah, I get what you're saying and kind of felt the same way. However, there really is no telling what role player is holding things up and who actually is or isn't around over the weekend.
On the other hand, it could have been used as a set up by the reds if nan was blue - delay their PM and make nan look guilty.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I always put the brakes on day 1 - as it is probably the day that requires the most talking. Just did not anticipate disappearing - I thought I would have more time than the last quick game, and I was part right and part wrong. I truly hate the quiet strategy, and this was mostly due work and not on purpose.

Kudos to the small role twist for columbia - it reminds us again that we cannot assume from game to game that the conditions are the same. I will say, after the Kraftster die on day 1, to the no-recruit on shad I thought it was going to be a very short game. Redwill & I had a good chuckle over that by PM early on.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Truth be told...before MWB came out, I was going to out myself as the Angel to prove that Kraftster was bad (if you recall, he said I was blue in an attempt to act as the seer). I was literally just about to say, "I'm the angel! Don't believe Kraftster!" when MWB role claimed. From that point forward, I protected MWB every night until my death.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:

Either that, or it could be open, but the mod is not going to post anything until Monday morning regardless if PMs are in or not.

I wasn't even near a computer all weekend.

But it happens.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The part that made it interesting was legitimately trying to find the wolves (and largely failing), but knowing that every dead villager got me closer to surviving the game.
It's a different psychology...I had never been yellow before (if I recall correctly).
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

columbia wrote:...I had never been yellow before (if I recall correctly).
Have you forgotten that bout of jaundice after eating tifosi's food?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

:scared:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Willie Kool wrote:On the other hand, it could have been used as a set up by the reds if nan was blue - delay their PM and make nan look guilty.
Good point. But the village-speak doesn't usually allow for that level of analysis.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:The part that made it interesting was legitimately trying to find the wolves (and largely failing), but knowing that every dead villager got me closer to surviving the game.
It's a different psychology...I had never been yellow before (if I recall correctly).
I've been an independent before too, and it is definitely a balancing act. You need a red or two because they will cut down the numbers in the village, but at the same time, you need to keep them at bay too, all the while protecting yourself.

You did an awesome job blending in as a villager. Like I said, would have never known you were something until that night we tried to kill you, and if I was blue, I wouldn't of thought you were a red.

That was a ballsy move coming out as independent at the end. I think if you didn't, you had CBear on your side. Still worked out though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So was it worth it to try to do what I did with Kaizer? Obviously, hindsight, it didn't work out, but was thinking the reward would outweigh the risk.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:
columbia wrote:The part that made it interesting was legitimately trying to find the wolves (and largely failing), but knowing that every dead villager got me closer to surviving the game.
I've been an independent before too, and it is definitely a balancing act. You need a red or two because they will cut down the numbers in the village, but at the same time, you need to keep them at bay too, all the while protecting yourself.

You did an awesome job blending in as a villager. Like I said, would have never known you were something until that night we tried to kill you, and if I was blue, I wouldn't of thought you were a red.

That was a ballsy move coming out as independent at the end. I think if you didn't, you had CBear on your side. Still worked out though.
I ran the scenarios and figured that the worst that could happen was you killing me after several more days.
As I said, that would have been almost worth dying....it would have been masterful, if you could have pulled that off. :fist:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:So was it worth it to try to do what I did with Kaizer? Obviously, hindsight, it didn't work out, but was thinking the reward would outweigh the risk.
Now that you stated why you did it, and the throught process, I guess it was worth a shot.

Like you said, if you lucked out and got one, they probably would have eithere a) just given up, or b) tried to role claim and we would have outed them.

And if not, if worse came to worse, we just killed a blue. There were still a decent amount of players at the time.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

@NAN When I was auto protected for that night kill, did you suspect I was yellow at that point?
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:So was it worth it to try to do what I did with Kaizer? Obviously, hindsight, it didn't work out, but was thinking the reward would outweigh the risk.
Yeah, but the village was hungry and lost (as they sat at their computers and ate their Lunchables).

They were going to latch on to anything the seer said. And quickly. Too, too quickly.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

columbia wrote:@NAN When I was auto protected for that night kill, did you suspect I was yellow at that point?
We knew you were something, but wasn't sure what.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

redwill wrote:

It wasnt just that he was gone, it was that he said he would be gone all weekend, and we were stuck in the night phase. if he hadnt said that, i couldnt have blamed anyone for the stoppage.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:Once again, NAN's personal likability works to his detriment.
I just saw this...

:lol:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Good game guys. Way to go columbia, solid win for you :fist:

I was busy working and stuff that I could only spot post. But wow, NAN always on my butt anytime I go longer than a few hours without posting and suddenly I have disappeared :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Rylan wrote:Good game guys. Way to go columbia, solid win for you :fist:

I was busy working and stuff that I could only spot post. But wow, NAN always on my butt anytime I go longer than a few hours without posting and suddenly I have disappeared :lol:
:D
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I went a little off the deep end when I was getting voted out. I was trying to get the reds to do something that would give themselves away but I think I just confused everyone. :lol:
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

That was my most successful day 1 false seer claim ever. Outed two greens. I chose shaf because he's active on the board and I expected he'd pull his vote quickly if he was in fact blue (which odds were that he would have been), but when he did not pull off his vote for 45 minutes or so, I felt pretty confident that he was green. I didn't get a chance to share this with rel, but it looks like he thought the same thing.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Kraftster wrote:That was my most successful day 1 false seer claim ever. Outed two greens. I chose shaf because he's active on the board and I expected he'd pull his vote quickly if he was in fact blue (which odds were that he would have been), but when he did not pull off his vote for 45 minutes or so, I felt pretty confident that he was green. I didn't get a chance to share this with rel, but it looks like he thought the same thing.
yeah - though it took the failed recruit to seal it for me that shad was angel.