NHL Second Liner

Re: *** Werewolf XXIII Gameplay Thread ***

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:
columbia wrote:The only way I could have lost:

You go against me today and i use the double vote
I am auto-protected tonight
You go against me tomorrow and i use the double vote
I die the next night (assuming there is a red)
If no red to kill me at night, I die in the next vote
If CBear picked you, you would have used your double vote to create a tie.

I would have killed CBear that night.

Now, the question would be, since it would have come down to me and you and we both needed to be a tie, who would have won?
I've been wondering that myself.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Kaizer wrote:why did you guys kill doc instead of relantel? i lol'd pretty good at that.
I had no idea what happened there. I thought it was between me and rel, and then all of a sudden, everyone switched to doc.

I PM'd rel and was like WTF? We just took advantage of it. But that came out of nowhere.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I had a question for MWB. What was up with the Kaizer being red thing? What were you trying to do there?
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

newarenanow wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Well, I suppose thats better than being eaten.
Congrats columbia, thanks redwill and shad for steering the ship!
Can I ask, columbia pretty much admitted to being independent and he was going to win the game.

Did you 100% know a red was left? And just wanted the indy to win instead of a red. Because if I was blue, and everything that happened there where he came out and said he was independent and he was pretty much was going to win, and you still voted for me, I would have been :face:
Was going to kill columbia when he admitted independent. So you were 50/50.
I tried to go back and look at the general feel and when Doc died you asked if we'd gotten one during his death throws. It seemed very red to me to throw that out. So I started to look at everything else through a red tint and started to feel pretty uneasy.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

columbia had double-voter powers at his discretion. It wasn't a one-time thing. He could use it any day, if he chose to. So if it came down to nan and columbia, columbia wins.

As columbia said, the only way nan could have won would be for CBear to side with nan. Then columbia's doublevoter ties it. nan kills columbia that night, but fails, since it's columbia's last auto-protect. Then CBear votes again with nan. columbia's doublevoter ties it. Then nan kills columbia for the third time, this time fatally. Then nan wins.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The sudden switch-off to DocEmrick was a total village fail, and basically sealed their fate if it wasn't sealed already.

No idea where MWB was going with his bluffing Kaizer. There was a weird sequence of actions there.

Unbelievable that Relantel lasted as long as he did.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:columbia had double-voter powers at his discretion. It wasn't a one-time thing. He could use it any day, if he chose to. So if it came down to nan and columbia, columbia wins.

As columbia said, the only way nan could have won would be for CBear to side with nan. Then columbia's doublevoter ties it. nan kills columbia that night, but fails, since it's columbia's last auto-protect. Then CBear votes again with nan. columbia's doublevoter ties it. Then nan kills columbia for the third time, this time fatally. Then nan wins.
That would have been a very tall order. I didn't know he had unlimted double voter.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:columbia had double-voter powers at his discretion. It wasn't a one-time thing. He could use it any day, if he chose to. So if it came down to nan and columbia, columbia wins.

In some odd way, I was kind of hoping that would happen...it would have been the most chaotic ending to a game, I have seen.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

redwill wrote:Then nan kills columbia for the third time, this time fatally.
LOL

The Doc thing was funny. I was suspicious of him most of the time, then he was the deciding vote to off Kaizer after MWB said not to. It felt like he was running around like a chicken with his head cut-off (which he kind of admitted by skimming posts) and leading the lynch mob doing it.
So when WK came off rel and went to Doc I was all for it.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:That would have been a very tall order. I didn't know he had unlimted double voter.
Tall order yes, but he was 1 vs. 14. He did a great job not to get killed until near the end. :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

1 vs. 13 I guess. Or, without mac, 1 vs. 12.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:
newarenanow wrote:That would have been a very tall order. I didn't know he had unlimted double voter.
Tall order yes, but he was 1 vs. 14. He did a great job not to get killed until near the end. :lol:
Shear luck, my man. :)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote: Unbelievable that Relantel lasted as long as he did.
I told him that he was target #1 for me if I wasn't recruited. It goes back to the beginning of the game when I said every single game we continue to not vote off the quiet people it comes down to the end, and they are either bad, or they have no idea what is going on and hurt the village. And yet, every single game, people let them slide through.

I kept pushing for rel even though he and I were red pretty much thinking the village would ignore it, and maybe eventually if they did jump on board, it would maybe clear me.

The village does the same thing over and over and over again every game and I don't understand it.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Great game guys!
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

The last minute twist to win the game was a great ending, thanks rw and shad
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:
He absolutely did a great job staying alive, but we tried to kill him to end that game, and if he had another autoprotect and I tried to kill him again, then I would have just threw my hands up.

I know the odds are stacked against him, and he needs some leverage, but I think the unlimited doublevote gave him too much of an advantage. If it was a one time thing, I think it would have been perfect.

But like you said, he did a great job staying alive. I knew he was something only because we tried to kill him and he didn't die. If I was a villager and didn't know, I think he did a great job blending into the village and surviving the day votes.

It's one of those balancing acts. Because if it came down to the end like it did, he has a MASSIVE advantage. If it played out differently, then it might have been mitigated.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill wrote:1 vs. 13 I guess. Or, without mac, 1 vs. 12.
Yeah, WTF was up with mac.

That was like 2 or 3 games in a row he signed up, and didn't even play. ANd he is posting everywhere else, so it's not like something came up and he wasn't here.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

newarenanow wrote:
redwill wrote:1 vs. 13 I guess. Or, without mac, 1 vs. 12.
Yeah, WTF was up with mac.

That was like 2 or 3 games in a row he signed up, and didn't even play. ANd he is posting everywhere else, so it's not like something came up and he wasn't here.
He is blacklisted indefinitely
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

I think that regardless of the power vacuum that might've been left, the way the customized role played out worked perfectly in regards to game longevity and "mixing up" what was a smaller quick game. We all thought there had been a recruit, etc. I see where you're coming from though, but those are sometimes unforseen permutations that end up affecting the endgame
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Great game everyone and thanks red will and shad.

My thinking re kaizer was this: I knew I was going to be dead the next day and would have no info to share anymore. I thought I'd throw out that I had found a red. Kaizer was highest on my list at that point, so I put him out (I had really investigated shad). I figured there was a chance that if he was red, logged on and found out that I'd gotten him, he might just accept it like others have done before and basically admit it. Or, if he wasn't red, I thought we might be able to get some info off the reactions. Unfortunately, the vote took off right away. Then I had to leave, so I took my vote off and asked everyone else to hold off as well. I still wanted to get a reaction from Kaizer. However, I thought rel's response was pretty telling. I thought the worst case scenario would be that I'd just fess up to what I was trying and a blue wouldn't be killed and we'd just go from where we started the day. Bad calculation on my part.

Also, good catch by Kaizer on NAN over the weekend. One of the reasons I thought he was suspicious was because he threw NAN out like that, so I thought maybe he wanted him to be looked at or killed to waste a day for the village. Turned out he was exactly right.
Last edited by MWB on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

newarenanow wrote:Yeah, WTF was up with mac.

When he signed up, I actually posted something like, "Great! Now we get to see mac not participate for yet another game and see everyone wonder about him all game long."

But I deleted that post.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

redwill wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Yeah, WTF was up with mac.

When he signed up, I actually posted something like, "Great! Now we get to see mac not participate for yet another game and see everyone wonder about him all game long."

But I deleted that post.
Looool
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

At least you eventually mod killed him....that was helpful to the village, who are at a disadvantage because of absent players.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

MWB wrote:Also, good catch by Kaizer on NAN over the weekend. One of the reasons I thought he was suspicious was because he threw NAN out like that, so I thought maybe he wanted him to be looked at or killed to waste a day for the village. Turned out he was exactly right.
As a mod, I felt really bad about that. It's no crime to be gone all weekend. To implicate someone because he's not around is not good Warzin', IMO. OTOH, perhaps relantel could have PM'd, but he may not have been around, either.

IDK. Maybe we should go back to the old method of asking a board mod to lock the thread for the weekend.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I also messed up by coming out so quickly after Kraftster made his claim. I was in the middle of something, saw it, and figured I really didn't want to let that go on. However, if I had waited, Shad would have been able to come out and completely refute his "blue" claim. However, now that I think about it, Kraftster would have just said he called him blue so as not to tip off anyone to his role, so not sure it would have mattered.