Tim Thomas is a Chic-Fil-A Guy

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Tim Thomas is a Chic-Fil-A Guy

Post by Idoit40fans »

I used to think Wendy's had good chicken sandwiches until I had a chic fil a one. Wendy's doesn't even compare.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by steelhammer »

I don't mind celebrities of any stature being outspoken about their views. It would better though if they had more positive messages such as helping the poor, reducing energy consumption, ending corporate welfare, etc. Instead we get professional athletes supporting fast food companies.
zhenya71

Post by zhenya71 »

brwi wrote:You guys are just saying that because he's fat and you're haters :D

Considering how many professional athletes in every sport go bankrupt and have nothing within a few years after retirement, I don't pay too much attention to their views on ANYTHING besides the sport they participate in since they have some serious inherent knowledge in that subject matter and may/may not know jack about anything else. On one subject, they have serious credibility, on others, maybe so or maybe hell no.

If Tubby is angling for a job in an area where his political views might be seen as a positive......well, sorry Timmay, but Nashville already has a #1 who is a helluva lot better than you right now and will be as long as you can lace up; Cam Ward resides in Carolina facing a zillion scoring chances a game and also has better past credentials than you(and also isn't fat), Dallas seems happy with Lehtonen......sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of job in the US. There are plenty of rednecks up in Canada but I don't know if your fat mouth and stomach is going to impress them too much either.

Most of the NHL considers what Tim Thomas did for a short time to be a fluke, IMO. He's got every right to voice his opinions and GM's have every right to not be interested in trading for him. It won't be due to his political stances; it will be due to the fact they don't think he's anything special and might also bring along bad PR in certain cities.
He absolutely does not.
zhenya71

Post by zhenya71 »

brwi wrote:You guys are just saying that because he's fat and you're haters :D

Considering how many professional athletes in every sport go bankrupt and have nothing within a few years after retirement, I don't pay too much attention to their views on ANYTHING besides the sport they participate in since they have some serious inherent knowledge in that subject matter and may/may not know jack about anything else. On one subject, they have serious credibility, on others, maybe so or maybe hell no.

If Tubby is angling for a job in an area where his political views might be seen as a positive......well, sorry Timmay, but Nashville already has a #1 who is a helluva lot better than you right now and will be as long as you can lace up; Cam Ward resides in Carolina facing a zillion scoring chances a game and also has better past credentials than you(and also isn't fat), Dallas seems happy with Lehtonen......sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of job in the US. There are plenty of rednecks up in Canada but I don't know if your fat mouth and stomach is going to impress them too much either.

Most of the NHL considers what Tim Thomas did for a short time to be a fluke, IMO. He's got every right to voice his opinions and GM's have every right to not be interested in trading for him. It won't be due to his political stances; it will be due to the fact they don't think he's anything special and might also bring along bad PR in certain cities.
On what planet?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Idoit40fans wrote:I used to think Wendy's had good chicken sandwiches until I had a chic fil a one. Wendy's doesn't even compare.
Yes, but Wendy's has a fiery red-head for a spokesperson! :thumb:
RainbowsAndCottonCandy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RainbowsAndCottonCandy »

yubb wrote:I'd rather hear Tim Thomas' opinion on Chic Fil A than any politician's opinion. This is none of the government's business. The family can run the company however they see fit and they can associate their personal views on marriage with the company.

And really, he didn't say anything in that link about not liking gay people or even being homophobic. He just believes marriage is between a man and a woman. Most American's feel that way, as in the states where it was last put to a vote all declined to legalize gay marriage. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/ ... .measures/
Agreed, Freedom of speech and religion. I don't care about gay marriage really, you can have it if you want it for all I care.

I like Tim Thomas, always have, and still do. It's his right to voice his opinion...this isn't London.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

[youtube][/youtube]
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I guess Timmy won't be making a "You Can Play" video.......