Bombulie Speculates on Malkin

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Bombulie Speculates on Malkin

Post by Mad City Mike »

In his daily blog
As for Evgeni Malkin, some published reports lately have indicated that the momentum is building for him to sign with the Penguins before next season. Could that signing come in, say, a week, in time for some spring training in the AHL? Don't hold your breath. But I know the WBS front office sure wouldn't mind picking him up at JFK when his flight lands.
Sorry, Jonathan, but this ain't going to happen. Not without a transfer agreement in place.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Interesting thought.

If a transfer agreement was imminent, and the Russians thought it would be less lucrative than an 'open market' deal, while the Pens thought an open market deal might be more lucrative than some form of 'scaled' transfer agreement.

If those planets and stars lined up just that way... it *might* be possible.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Interesting thought.

If a transfer agreement was imminent, and the Russians thought it would be less lucrative than an 'open market' deal, while the Pens thought an open market deal might be more lucrative than some form of 'scaled' transfer agreement.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that the the NHL has apparently prohibited teams from signing Russian players until there is an agreement.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I say let him play in the World Championships.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mad City Mike »

Gaucho wrote:I say let him play in the World Championships.
Well, if I had my druthers, I'd rather he play in the AHL and get a taste of North American hockey. He already played in the Olympics, so what's thee to gain for him by playing in the WCs?

But it is all mindless speculation, as he will play in the WCs and not in WBS.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Mad City Mike wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:Interesting thought.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that the the NHL has apparently prohibited teams from signing Russian players until there is an agreement.
Makes sense. Thanks MCM
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

His latest update says, "A percentage chance that Malkin plays in the Calder Cup playoffs this season? I'll say somewhere in the neighborhood of zero."