Tim Thomas is a Chic-Fil-A Guy

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Tim Thomas is a Chic-Fil-A Guy

Post by topshelf »

Yep... hockey news is slow this summer.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Tim Thomas is a Chic-Fil-A Guy

Post by columbia »

The waffle fries are pretty terrible.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by duke66 »

as always. tim thomas is a toolbag.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

The comedian who filmed the Discover commercial with him tweeted "Wonder if Thomas realized he was in a cab for 8 hours with a lesbian. Hope he didn't catch gay!"
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by The Snapshot »

Yet another thing I completely disagree with him on. What an ***. The thing is, I don't want to know that much about his world view.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The Snapshot wrote:Yet another thing I completely disagree with him on. What an ***. The thing is, I don't want to know that much about his world view.
It's nice to see human interest/working for charity type of stories about athletes, but I truly don't care to know about their political views. I don't even talk politics with my co-workers, why would care about what ____ _____ on the Penguins thinks on the issue.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

columbia wrote:
It's nice to see human interest/working for charity type of stories about athletes, but I truly don't care to know about their political views. I don't even talk politics with my co-workers, why would care about what ____ _____ on the Penguins thinks on the issue.
I hate when athletes and celebrities spout their views, like somehow it's more profound coming out of their mouth. They play games or play pretend for a living. Their reality isn't the average person's. So who gives a crap what they think.

For the record though, Thomas out Hartells Hartnell. What a jerk.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I think he's a jerk.....but I wish I didn't know that.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

You guys are just saying that because he's fat and you're haters :D

Considering how many professional athletes in every sport go bankrupt and have nothing within a few years after retirement, I don't pay too much attention to their views on ANYTHING besides the sport they participate in since they have some serious inherent knowledge in that subject matter and may/may not know jack about anything else. On one subject, they have serious credibility, on others, maybe so or maybe hell no.

If Tubby is angling for a job in an area where his political views might be seen as a positive......well, sorry Timmay, but Nashville already has a #1 who is a helluva lot better than you right now and will be as long as you can lace up; Cam Ward resides in Carolina facing a zillion scoring chances a game and also has better past credentials than you(and also isn't fat), Dallas seems happy with Lehtonen......sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of job in the US. There are plenty of rednecks up in Canada but I don't know if your fat mouth and stomach is going to impress them too much either.

Most of the NHL considers what Tim Thomas did for a short time to be a fluke, IMO. He's got every right to voice his opinions and GM's have every right to not be interested in trading for him. It won't be due to his political stances; it will be due to the fact they don't think he's anything special and might also bring along bad PR in certain cities.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

llipgh2 wrote:The comedian who filmed the Discover commercial with him tweeted "Wonder if Thomas realized he was in a cab for 8 hours with a lesbian. Hope he didn't catch gay!"
Aren't you in love with Tim Thomas?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Godric wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:The comedian who filmed the Discover commercial with him tweeted "Wonder if Thomas realized he was in a cab for 8 hours with a lesbian. Hope he didn't catch gay!"
Aren't you in love with Tim Thomas?
No.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

brwi wrote:You guys are just saying that because he's fat and you're haters :D

If Tubby is angling for a job in an area where his political views might be seen as a positive......well, sorry Timmay, but Nashville already has a #1 who is a helluva lot better than you right now and will be as long as you can lace up; Cam Ward resides in Carolina facing a zillion scoring chances a game and also has better past credentials than you(and also isn't fat), Dallas seems happy with Lehtonen......sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of job in the US. There are plenty of rednecks up in Canada but I don't know if your fat mouth and stomach is going to impress them too much either.
Nashville is a very heavily Democratic-voting place:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee% ... l_district" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raleigh "tends to" elect progressive Democrats, at least according to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raleigh,_N ... government" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and 57% of Dallas voted Kerry over Bush!! :shock:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas#Politics" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Puffymuffin »

Chara and Thornton must like this :pop:
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

I'd rather hear Tim Thomas' opinion on Chic Fil A than any politician's opinion. This is none of the government's business. The family can run the company however they see fit and they can associate their personal views on marriage with the company.

And really, he didn't say anything in that link about not liking gay people or even being homophobic. He just believes marriage is between a man and a woman. Most American's feel that way, as in the states where it was last put to a vote all declined to legalize gay marriage. http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/ ... .measures/
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by topshelf »

Why do I picture TT running for some sort of office after he retires?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Don't agree with it but I also don't care about it. I will also continue to eat at delicious chic-fil-a. Also, you may not care about what a celebrity's views are, but be sure that a ton of people do. If they didn't, we wouldn't hear about it when their opinion is made known.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

If I continue to eat at Chick-Fil-A, does that make me a bad person too?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If eating chik-fil-a is wrong, I don't want to be...wrong, but i'm going to eat it anyway.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Idoit40fans wrote:Don't agree with it but I also don't care about it. I will also continue to eat at delicious chic-fil-a. Also, you may not care about what a celebrity's views are, but be sure that a ton of people do. If they didn't, we wouldn't hear about it when their opinion is made known.
Chick-Fil-a is nasty.

The only chicken sandwiches I can eat when I eat fast food (which is rarely anymore) is a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Whoa Chic-fil-a sandwiches are as far from nasty as one can get. They are absolutely decadent and I really want a sandwich. Generally I only want a chicken sandwich on Sunday's but I digress.

As for their public stance, I am against it. They chose their side of the line and I know what mine is. Doesn't mean I cannot thoroughly enjoy their awesomely delicious sandwiches and fries.

Only fast food that I don't cry about afterwards.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by topshelf »

JS© wrote:If I continue to eat at Chick-Fil-A, does that make me a bad person too?
Not at all. Like I said in the NHR forum, I believe in gay marriage and my in-laws are against it, but I still go over there to hang out.

I think the issue with all of this isn't TT's stance, but more the fact that he feels he should share it with the world.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I think the Chick-Fil-A "controversy" is absolutely stupid, but I also think Tim Thomas is an idiot.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Forget these bigots, I'm going to Sonic for lunch.

Spoiler:
:pop: :)
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by topshelf »

columbia wrote:Forget these bigots, I'm going to Sonic for lunch.

Spoiler:
:pop: :)

Mmmmmmmm... Sonic.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

Sounds like Timmy may be looking for a job with Fox News in the future.