Simpson Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Simpson Warz Game Thread

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

With his long time boss, idol, (lover?) dead, Waylon Smithers was inconsolable. Not even organizing his extensive Malibu Stacy collection could cheer him up. Before Mr. Burns death, Smithers had been given the deed to the Duff Brewery with instructions to keep the brewery closed. Smithers decided to keep that wish as the last tribute to his friend. But without Mr. Burns, Smithers couldn’t find the will to live. He climbed to the top of one of the cooling towers of the his former boss's beloved nuclear power plant and ...
Spoiler:
he jumped to his death. But before he died he was able to recruit someone to carry on Mr. Burn's wishes. So the brewery still remains closed.
Mr. Smithers, redwill, was
Spoiler:
the red assistant.
The village of Springfield
Spoiler:
1. CBear3
2. MWB
3. Ulf
4. obhave
5. NAN
6. Pavel Bure – Groundskeeper Willie – regular villager
7. Rylan
8. Redwill – Wayland Smithers – red assistant
9. Troy Loney
10. canaan
11. Willie Kool
12. Shafnutz – Mr. Burns – red alpha
It is now night 4. RPs send me your PMs.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Thanks for the game!

Have fun, everybody!
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

:fist:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Deadline reached

Final vote for Day 3

6 – redwill (obhave, MWB, nan, rylan, ulf, wk)
2 – nan (redwill, TL)
1 - MWB (canaan)

Write up coming
Here was the final vote count. However, if the recruit was just made, everything we know to now is pointless.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Waiting on PMs
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PMs in. Write up coming.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hans Moleman had been busy filming the sequel to his award winning movie "Man Getting Hit by Football". He was going to call it "Man Getting Hit by Footballs". It was going to be magnificent. On his 25th and final take of a scene involving Hans getting hit simultaneously in the face and groin by footballs, someone switched one of the footballs with a football containing C4 explosives. As Hans yelled "Action!" and the balls went flying towards him, the one directed towards his groin
Spoiler:
exploded killing him instantly

Hans Moleman was
Spoiler:
canaan a regular villager.
That same night Professor Jonathan Frink was hard at work perfecting his latest invention. It allowed him to read the thoughts of those in the village. So far he had used to some success, but sometimes the thoughts were unintelligible. Perhaps this was because of the simple-mindedness of those he was mindreading or he hadn't worked the bugs out of his machine yet. He decided to try googly with the hoyven and the maven, but this was not the best idea as someone had sabotaged his machine by placing a paperclip on the glaven, and this caused
Spoiler:
the Professor to be electrocuted to death.
Professor Fink was
Spoiler:
obhave the town seerer.
The village of Springfield
Spoiler:
1. CBear3
2. MWB
3. Ulf
4. obhave – Professor Fink – town seerer
5. NAN
6. Pavel Bure – Groundskeeper Willie – regular villager
7. Rylan
8. Redwill – Wayland Smithers – red assistant
9. Troy Loney
10. canaan – Hans Moleman – regular villager
11. Willie Kool
12. Shafnutz – Mr. Burns – red alpha
Limit is 4. Deadline is 4PM.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Weird, I figured that Cbear was the seer.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm between Rylan and ulf. Have to go back and look at a few things.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Two kills - so we must have a vig?
MWB wrote: if the recruit was just made, everything we know to now is pointless.
I think it's obvious the recruit was either night 2 or 3, my guess is unsuccessful try night 2 and recruit made night 3. MWB trying to add uncertainty?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Seems obhave cleared CBear3 after night 3, but if he was recruited that night would she still have seen him as blue?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Ah shucks.

Good luck village!
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MWB wrote:I'm thinking the first three nights are no kills since the game is so small. I'm also very, very suspicious of Cbear. Shaf knew he was on the block and would continue to be. The best play for the reds would be to try to clear one of their own as he went down. That "claim" by shaf was a little too easy.
This was the first post after the night 3 write up (when I believe the recruit was completed). Anyone ever see a game with no red kills the first three nights because 'the game is so small'? Seems to me MWB is trying to avoid the idea of there having been a recruit. Then he goes on to paint doubt on CBear while also saying the best red move is for a red to be early on another red. He then proceeds to vote 2nd on redwill.

Lynch MWB
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Willie Kool wrote:Two kills - so we must have a vig?
MWB wrote: if the recruit was just made, everything we know to now is pointless.
I think it's obvious the recruit was either night 2 or 3, my guess is unsuccessful try night 2 and recruit made night 3. MWB trying to add uncertainty?
The right up made it seem like it just happened. Otherwise, why would it mention a recruit?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Don't forget to add I was the second vote on redwill, since I thought obhave was the seer.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

MWB wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:Two kills - so we must have a vig?
The right up made it seem like it just happened. Otherwise, why would it mention a recruit?
:lol:
"right up"
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MWB wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
It seems much more likely to me that it was a night action considering the lack of kills nights 2 and 3. As far as mentioning it then, I would say it was for the 'story' of the game.
MWB wrote:I thought obhave was the seer.
Presumably why she's no longer with us.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Vote

1 - MWB (WK)

Limit is 4. Deadline is 4PM.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Willie Kool wrote:
MWB wrote:I thought obhave was the seer.
Presumably why she's no longer with us.
Ow, smack. Walked right into that one. :lol:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So if the recruit was night 3, what happened night 2 (or vice versa)?
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Right, in the official write up nothing happens on night 2, nothing happens on night 3.

It seems like there's an angel, a seer, and a vig green roles.
There was one recruit mentioned in the write ups. Its possible like WK says that night 2 was an unsuccessful recruit, and night 3 was successful.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Willie Kool wrote:
MWB wrote:I'm thinking the first three nights are no kills since the game is so small. I'm also very, very suspicious of Cbear. Shaf knew he was on the block and would continue to be. The best play for the reds would be to try to clear one of their own as he went down. That "claim" by shaf was a little too easy.
This was the first post after the night 3 write up (when I believe the recruit was completed). Anyone ever see a game with no red kills the first three nights because 'the game is so small'? Seems to me MWB is trying to avoid the idea of there having been a recruit. Then he goes on to paint doubt on CBear while also saying the best red move is for a red to be early on another red. He then proceeds to vote 2nd on redwill.

Lynch MWB
Your basic premise for suspecting me seems to be that I laid out what the reds could have done, then followed exactly what was laid out. Why would I do that? I'm not sure why you're so aggressive this day phase, but it's a change up from before. Seems like you're trying to push ahead with something quickly.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

If that's true, redwill would have known who a green was (the non-recruit night 2). He voted for nan yesterday. It's possible that they tried to recruit nan night 2 and failed. So he votes for him day 3 (day 2 was shaf). Seeing obhave be so determined tips the reds that she's probably another green, hence her death on night 4.

Make any sense?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Write ups:
Night 2 - no one had died
Night 3 - nothing had happened
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

No, my basic premise is that you were at first trying to cast doubt on there having been a recruit. Then, after the write up said there had been one, trying to make it seem like it just happened so we couldn't look back at the previous day. Looking through the game, I think you are by far the best play today. As far as my play being a change up, I was on shaf like white on rice day 1.