Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Sarcastic »

Shyster wrote:I wish SiriusXM would offer more granularity for their classical music channels. They have Pops, Met Opera, and Symphony Hall, which is a catch-all channel for all eras of classical music. But my interest in classical music drops off sharply once we hit the Romantic era; I really only care for Baroque- and Classical-period music. I'd like to see a different channel for each of, say, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern. That way I wouldn't have to sit through unwanted Debussy or Schubert to get to my Bach, Telemann, Haydn, and Mozart.
That's my favorite too. I like some Romantic period material, but the two earlier ones is what I mostly listen to.

I adore Schubert, however. His symphonies are some of the most energetic and exciting ever and let's not forget the beautiful Trout Quintet!
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I pretty much hate everything about facebook, so I changed my birthday on there to February 29th, so people I never talk to will wish me a happy birthday every 4 years. I tried changing it to February 31, but it wouldnt let me.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Hahaha, that's pretty awesome
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My birthday is hidden on FB
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Shyster wrote:I wish SiriusXM would offer more granularity for their classical music channels. They have Pops, Met Opera, and Symphony Hall, which is a catch-all channel for all eras of classical music. But my interest in classical music drops off sharply once we hit the Romantic era; I really only care for Baroque- and Classical-period music. I'd like to see a different channel for each of, say, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern. That way I wouldn't have to sit through unwanted Debussy or Schubert to get to my Bach, Telemann, Haydn, and Mozart.
If we had a First World Problems thread, this would definitely fit. ;)
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Couple more SXM peeves:

- They change channels around all the time but don't change the channel labels. For example: Channel 11 is still labeled "BBC Radio One" which I used to listen to the Chris Moyles Show on, but now it's actually the disco channel and has been for a year and a half.

- Permanent single artist channels. If I want to listen to Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, or the Grateful Dead 24/7, which I don't, I'll buy some MP3s. NOT complaining about channels like Margaritaville, Shade, and Underground Garage that are (allegedly) programmed by artists.

- Lack of a Modern Jazz/Fusion channel. I like Classic Jazz (Real Jazz) and sometimes listen to Smooth Jazz (Watercolors) but there's not a channel for current jazz artists- they took it away 5 years ago or so.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

PghSkins wrote:Couple more SXM peeves:

- They change channels around all the time but don't change the channel labels. For example: Channel 11 is still labeled "BBC Radio One" which I used to listen to the Chris Moyles Show on, but now it's actually the disco channel.

- Permanent single artist channels. If I want to listen to Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, or the Grateful Dead 24/7, which I don't, I'll buy some MP3s. NOT complaining about channels like Margaritaville, Shade, and Underground Garage that are (allegedly) programmed by artists.

- Lack of a Modern Jazz/Fusion channel. I like Classic Jazz (Real Jazz) and sometimes listen to Smooth Jazz (Watercolors) but there's not a channel for current jazz artists- they took it away 5 years ago or so.
I'm still not happy about them getting rid of the punk channel and boombox. The punk channel might have played the same 100 songs by the Ramones, Black Flag, DK, Offspring, Pennywise, and the Misfits, but it at least I knew what I was getting. Boombox was lost in the Sirius/XM merger and was the only place that carried anything remotely close to electro-rock, rock remixes, etc. Probably the closest thing they have to Boombox now is BPM52, and that's not even close.

[/siderant]
Last edited by JS© on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

unless call me maybe was written by and recorded for 12 year olds, it's probably one of the dumbest songs i've ever heard.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

shmenguin wrote:unless call me maybe was written by and recorded for 12 year olds, it's probably one of the dumbest songs i've ever heard.
This is crazy.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

meow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:unless call me maybe was written by and recorded for 12 year olds, it's probably one of the dumbest songs i've ever heard.
This is crazy.
But here's my number.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

JS© wrote:
If we had a First World Problems thread, this would definitely fit. ;)
that's so funny.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

JS© wrote:If we had a First World Problems thread, this would definitely fit. ;)
Keeping with the thread title, not every peeve I post is rational. Then again, SiriusXM has at least 37 different channels that fall under the broad pop/rock umbrella. Around eight more pop/rock channels are available on SiriusXM internet radio. They have two channels for non-choral classical music, and nothing more online. So we have 45+ channels for the last 70 or so years of music, and 2 channels for the 600+ years of recorded music before that.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I hate that no matter where I drive anymore, my SXM radio fades in and out over and over again.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

This should probably go in the grammar thread, but I get angry whenever I see people write should/would of instead of should/would have.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

Sarcastic wrote:This should probably go in the grammar thread, but I get angry whenever I see people write should/would of instead of should/would have.
i write would'f
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

if i'm not mistaken, carly rae jepsen is like 26 years old, and a former runner up on canadian idol.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

it's not so "crazy" that some annoying chick in her mid 20's is giving her number out to random dudes
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

shmenguin wrote:it's not so "crazy" that some annoying chick in her mid 20's is giving her number out to random dudes
I think the tune is catchy. The lyrics make it painfully obvious that if the dude calls her it's going to eventually end poorly in a stalker psycho ex girlfriend kind of way.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

When I inadvertently get logged out of LGP, then come back and read people on my for list, still blathering about the same topics that caused me to foe them months before.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

newarenanow wrote:I hate that no matter where I drive anymore, my SXM radio fades in and out over and over again.
I have it built into my factory radio and it fades everytime I hit an underpass. I can hit the underpass doing 90 mph and be under it for .1 second and it will still drop out.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

People who ride their brakes through green lights and slightly sloped hills. Dude literally had his brakes on for at least a mile and a half.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

Route 30, Coming from Greensburg, Heading to Irwin.
The red light for the Target/Lowe's/Giant Eagle plaza on the left.

There are 2 lanes dedicated for turning. Then 2 lanes to the right for traffic passing through.

For whatever reason, people who wish to go into the plaza never use the far left lane, they all line up in the right turning lane, backing it up. A full lane goes unused, and only half as many people who should have gotten in through the light actually do - this ends up backing traffic up.

People are dumb.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sarcastic wrote:This should probably go in the grammar thread, but I get angry whenever I see people write should/would of instead of should/would have.
Should of/would of drives me insane
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

People that worship Betty White as if she is the funniest person on the planet.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People that worship Betty White as if she is the funniest person on the planet.
But she is old which exponentially increases her comedic value. :pop: