Nash to NYR

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Nash to NYR

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kraftster wrote:Yeah, I think I'd prefer Clowe/Pavelski/Demers/1st if that was the offer.
All of them were offerred? I'd rather have any one of those 3 and a first.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

update: from Portzline: TSN has Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and 1st to #CBJ. Told #CBJ are sending a 3rd-round pick and a minor-league defenseman to the Rangers.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Yeah, I think I'd prefer Clowe/Pavelski/Demers/1st if that was the offer.
All of them were offerred? I'd rather have any one of those 3 and a first.
The first three were reported, I Can't remember if a pick was included or not.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by The Snapshot »

Will Rick Nash block shots?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I don't get the Dubinsky slagging. He's a reasonably good forward and actually gives a **** on every shift.
I'd love to see him on the Pens, someday.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Lol, Columbus went from asking for Skinner, Couture, McDonagh, etc. to getting this package.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

columbia wrote:I don't get the Dubinsky slagging. He's a reasonably good forward and actually gives a **** on every shift.
I like Dubi a lot too.

Biggest problem with this deal seems to be Columbus' failure to get a higher ceiling guy than they did. From a trade in a vacuum standpoint, the value isn't the worst, but I think Columbus needed to get more for the franchise's sake.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kraftster wrote:
columbia wrote:I don't get the Dubinsky slagging. He's a reasonably good forward and actually gives a **** on every shift.
I like Dubi a lot too.

Biggest problem with this deal seems to be Columbus' failure to get a higher ceiling guy than they did. From a trade in a vacuum standpoint, the value isn't the worst, but I think Columbus needed to get more for the franchise's sake.
He's a good player, but I hate him. He's gonna get better too, but shouldn't be moving to the first line. Its very possible that he'll be playing there next time there is an NHL season though.
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
I like Dubi a lot too.

He's a good player, but I hate him. He's gonna get better too, but shouldn't be moving to the first line. Its very possible that he'll be playing there next time there is an NHL season though.
living in NY area i watch rangers play alot Dubinsky was a big part of the rangers, he might not be a 1st liner but he is a heart and soul guy and a warrior. He did whatever Torts asked him to do.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

Dubinsky going the other way was/is a shocker to me... the guy meant a lot to that team! Just wow.
The rangers really do enjoy paying for and acquiring NAMES.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

marek wrote:Dubinsky going the other way was/is a shocker to me... the guy meant a lot to that team! Just wow.
Dubi was always a part of discussion. Not the first team he was offered to, AIUI.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

mikey287 wrote:
marek wrote:Dubinsky going the other way was/is a shocker to me... the guy meant a lot to that team! Just wow.
Dubi was always a part of discussion. Not the first team he was offered to, AIUI.
I know but i just thought it was "talk"... I really thought Nash was going to be a shark... so... where does Ryan end up now? I'm thinking Philly :(
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Ryan to Philly for Weber.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

mikey287 wrote:Ryan to Philly for Weber.
Then Visnovsky back to Anahiem?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

I'm glad dubinsky gets to skate along the trail of tears.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dubinsky being sent to hockey hell makes this trade palatable
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

That's gotta to be a tough sell for Howson to make on his STH's. Trade the franchise for a couple of top 9 forwards, prospect and a pick in the 20's...ouch. Talk about overplaying your hand Howson...

CP...knock knock...
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Good move by the Rangers. They're not looking bad at all.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Meh. Think Nash is fairly overrated by a lot of people, and Columbus probably got what they could. I mean, good player, not sure he's as good as his cap hit. Sucks for their PR, but they received a few decent pieces in return.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

pfim wrote:Meh. Think Nash is fairly overrated by a lot of people, and Columbus probably got what they could. I mean, good player, not sure he's as good as his cap hit. Sucks for their PR, but they received a few decent pieces in return.
I think you could argue their PR would not be good if they kept Nash, as you would have a lot of fan saying "Why don't we trade this piece of trash who doesn't even want to play here?"
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I don't think it's that bad for CLB. Nash was disinterested and would have pouted his way thru the season. I still think he's obviously top line for the Rangers but I don't think he can get them to the SCF. Once Torts rips into him publicly a few times he'll wish he was back in Ohio.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

bhaw wrote:
pfim wrote:Meh. Think Nash is fairly overrated by a lot of people, and Columbus probably got what they could. I mean, good player, not sure he's as good as his cap hit. Sucks for their PR, but they received a few decent pieces in return.
I think you could argue their PR would not be good if they kept Nash, as you would have a lot of fan saying "Why don't we trade this piece of trash who doesn't even want to play here?"
Pretty true. Nash showed what a low quality person he is when he got busted for being a complete liar and CBJ didn't have a lot of leverage once the fans turned on him(for good reason). The whole "I can't believe they are discussing trading ME!" after he had requested a trade ranks as pretty much a fan-killer.

Columbus got what they could and also unloaded a bad contract and a player who didn't want to be there to go along with the fact the fans/management didn't want him there either. Not a great haul but not bad either.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

So... the Atlantic Division has gone from the toughest division in hockey to THE toughest division in hockey... and the Central Division has become the Southeast of the West.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

If Columbus was getting better offers at the trade deadline, then I dunno...how bout you wait to make a deal until this year's deadline? What was the rush? Just to get on with life? Well, the puzzle pieces aren't exactly much clearer now than they were yesterday.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

tfrizz wrote:So... the Atlantic Division has gone from the toughest division in hockey to THE toughest division in hockey... and the Central Division has become the Southeast of the West.
It has become an arms race.

Look at the top 3 forwards and top 2 defensemen for EVERY team in the division. Some serious talent. Even the Isles.