Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by DudeMan2766 »

PghSkins wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hate having to thank everyone facebook for wishing me happy birthday, especially people I will never talk to or see again in my life.
A special thank you for the Birthday wishes to all you cougars who didnt give me the time of day in High School but now want to be my FB friend. My wife's hotter than you are.
Usually people always put up one status thanking everybody. I forgot this year until like 10 days after my birthday. I felt bad for about 5 seconds then realized A: Alot of people I dont even interact with in real life and wouldnt even tell them Happy Birthday on facebook because it'd be weird because we dont even speak. and B: If anyone was actually upset I didnt thank them they arent someone I want to be friends with on facebook or real life.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Shyster wrote:I’m a fat guy (250 lbs. at 5’10”), and I buy some of my clothes from big & tall stores. I get catalogs all the time from those stores, and specifically Casual Male XL (which operates both a catalog and brick-and-mortar locations). This is a company that sells clothing specifically for both fat and tall guys; we’re talking about 8–10XL shirts and pants with 66” waists. But their catalogs don’t have fat guys in them. Every featured model looks to either be of regular height or tall, and none are obviously overweight or obese. The same goes for the pictures on their web store.

Now, I appreciate that people don’t generally want to look at fat models, and clothes supposedly look best on skinny people. From what I understand, that’s why fashion models (even the men) are usually walking sticks. But this is a company that sells clothing specifically for fat men. If I’m thinking of buying a pair of pants, I’d like to see what it looks like on a dude with a gut, because I’m a dude with a gut. If that that shirt looks good on a 6', 350 lb. guy, then it will probably look good on me too.
Send them your modeling portfolio.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I may have posted this before, but I’m ticked off again about it right now. If you are a business or other entity and you have a web page, all of your contact information, including address, phone, fax, etc., should be right on the front page. I shouldn’t have to click around to find your contact info. Put it right at the bottom of the front page. Also, if your street address is not your mailing address, then list both and clearly label them. I just had two letters returned to sender because the address a school district listed on the front of its web site was its physical street address. If you click around on the site, however, you discover that it has a different address for mailing. Thanks for wasting two stamps and my time.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i dont mind them having a separate contact/about us/ etc page, but the BS dialog box contact us nonsense instead of the pertinent information is just garbo x1,000,000
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:
Rylan wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I love the Hanes tagless. I wear V-necks under my work shirts and polos, so it's pretty simple to figure out.
Hanes tagless are the best undershirts.
I may have to try those out. I wear Jockey tagless right now, but they are getting pricey.
Make sure the Hanes you get are ComfortSoft.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

For some reason I imagined Shyster as someone that sends his mail via carrier pigeon.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Russell Brand. How does he have a career and does anyone actually think he's funny?
I'm sick of seeing commercials for his new show.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Shyster wrote:I may have posted this before, but I’m ticked off again about it right now. If you are a business or other entity and you have a web page, all of your contact information, including address, phone, fax, etc., should be right on the front page. I shouldn’t have to click around to find your contact info. Put it right at the bottom of the front page. Also, if your street address is not your mailing address, then list both and clearly label them. I just had two letters returned to sender because the address a school district listed on the front of its web site was its physical street address. If you click around on the site, however, you discover that it has a different address for mailing. Thanks for wasting two stamps and my time.
If they choose not to list their stuff on the front page, I hope that there's a huge "CONTACT US" link that's visible as soon as the main page opens.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who ***** about what other people post on FB.

Don't like it? Hide, block, or unfriend and move on, but don't complain about it. Nobody is forcing you to read it or look at their pictures.

ib4 shad :lol:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

People who consider themselves experts in things that they really aren't. If you don't have the knowledge, don't google it and pretend like you do. Drives me insane.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

count2infinity wrote:People who consider themselves experts in things that they really aren't. If you don't have the knowledge, don't google it and pretend like you do. Drives me insane.
:thumb: :thumb:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

AND WHO THE **** IS SIMS?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

count2infinity wrote:AND WHO THE **** IS SIMS?
I still think about that day and laugh at various times.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hate having to thank everyone facebook for wishing me happy birthday, especially people I will never talk to or see again in my life.

I changed my birthday to February 29 just so I only have to worry about this every 4 years. I tried using February 31, but it wouldnt let me do that.
My birthday is my favorite day to defriend people
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who think they know something about you but don't. :pop:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PensFanInDC wrote:People who think they know something about you but don't. :pop:
:thumb: those people suck.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

PensFanInDC wrote:People who think they know something about you but don't. :pop:
I know how you feel, man.

:pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Radio commercials where they want you to believe that the ad is a conversation between the DJ and a caller. AAMCO transmissions has ads like that, as does the Jim Shorkey group of car dealerships.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

And for this week's segment of "Seriously Facebook?"

Yesterday: Just bought **** her 1st potty.. Let the fun begin :)

Earlier today: **** pooped and peed on the potty while reading a book. Lmao

And just posted a picture of said child stark naked on said potty. wtf.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Shad for the love of all that is great just prune your goshdarn facebook account of those that scorn you.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Rylan wrote:Shad for the love of all that is great just prune your goshdarn facebook account of those that scorn you.
I'm a masochist :lol: :lol:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Rylan wrote:Shad for the love of all that is great just prune your goshdarn facebook account of those that scorn you.
I'm a masochist :lol: :lol:
same with me
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I wish SiriusXM would offer more granularity for their classical music channels. They have Pops, Met Opera, and Symphony Hall, which is a catch-all channel for all eras of classical music. But my interest in classical music drops off sharply once we hit the Romantic era; I really only care for Baroque- and Classical-period music. I'd like to see a different channel for each of, say, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern. That way I wouldn't have to sit through unwanted Debussy or Schubert to get to my Bach, Telemann, Haydn, and Mozart.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

shafnutz05 wrote:And for this week's segment of "Seriously Facebook?"

Yesterday: Just bought **** her 1st potty.. Let the fun begin :)

Earlier today: **** pooped and peed on the potty while reading a book. Lmao

And just posted a picture of said child stark naked on said potty. wtf.
Ran into something similar a week or so ago. Instead of naked baby, all of her FB friends got a picture of "the product" of baby's work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but NOBODY wants to see a pic of baby's first deuce. Nobody. Not even the baby.

That one was a breaking point and she has since been unfriended.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Facebook friends who are now well into their 30s or 40s and still go on and on about their fraternities/sororities. I'll throw the actives in my fraternity a $20 now and then if they ask nicely. I avoid going on a few times a month about how wonderful they are and how proud I am that the recent crop had the wherewithal to actually, you know, graduate- unlike some of my brothers 20 years ago.