I'm bored, lets talk Nash

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: I'm bored, lets talk Nash

Post by ExPatriatePen »

When I first saw this thread title I read it as:

"I'm bored, let's talk TRash"

:)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

columbia wrote:Please.....no.
Lol it always ends up this way. So embarrassing.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

From what i read Columbus us asking for 2 NHL quality players with upside, or younger up and comming players and 2 grade A prospects or high draft picks. The opnly deal i can possibly see from the Pens is

2 quality, Kennedy Desprse (ok Desprse isn't all proven but i think its safe to see he is NHL quality. Kennedy, it the only younger forward with psosible upside)
2 prospects (Morrow and a first rounder) or (Harrington and Roupp) Roupp is the guy from the Michelek trade.

Now this i think is what they want, but i still feel other teams have more to offer. And honestly i don't know if this is worth Nash.

I think this deal would fly for Ryan, but again can another team offer more?? And again i do question if Ryan is worth all this.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If we do complete a trade, we're trading out a 30 to 40 goal scorer. Defense is probably the strongest part of our team if we look at it today. So we're looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost."
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... um=twitter
If we do complete a trade, we're trading out a 30 to 40 goal scorer. Defense is probably the strongest part of our team if we look at it today. So we're looking to get some NHL forwards back first and foremost."
That means there is no way in hell we could ever acquire Nash.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... um=twitter
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

pens2005 wrote:
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by GenoMachino71 »

no name wrote:From what i read Columbus us asking for 2 NHL quality players with upside, or younger up and comming players and 2 grade A prospects or high draft picks. The opnly deal i can possibly see from the Pens is

2 quality, Kennedy Desprse (ok Desprse isn't all proven but i think its safe to see he is NHL quality. Kennedy, it the only younger forward with psosible upside)
2 prospects (Morrow and a first rounder) or (Harrington and Roupp) Roupp is the guy from the Michelek trade.

Now this i think is what they want, but i still feel other teams have more to offer. And honestly i don't know if this is worth Nash.

I think this deal would fly for Ryan, but again can another team offer more?? And again i do question if Ryan is worth all this.
I think if you take out Desprse and throw in Lovejoy you might have a deal....
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

pens2005 wrote:
Good!! Morrow is close to untouchable imo.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

pens2005 wrote:
Agreed, Kenndy is the only plug and play guy we got who is not untouchable. Dupuis and Cooke are to old they wouldn't want them. We got no other guys unless you make it a 3 way deal, it just gets to hard and Ryan is almost just as good as Nash with a much less cap hit. Not sure what Anaheim wants but we would have a much easier time dealing with them if they would like a Grade A defence prospect or hopefully Martin.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

What's funny is that if we had the pieces Columbus wants for Nash, no one would even entertain the trade to begin with. They want a couple good, young forwards with lots of upside... exactly what we want. :lol:
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

bhaw wrote:What's funny is that if we had the pieces Columbus wants for Nash, no one would even entertain the trade to begin with. They want a couple good, young forwards with lots of upside... exactly what we want. :lol:
:lol: so true.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mongoose87 »

That's why the whole ordeal is so insane. Nash is good, but is he really good enough to give up a number of guys whose production will probably top his? No!
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Mongoose87 wrote:That's why the whole ordeal is so insane. Nash is good, but is he really good enough to give up a number of guys whose production will probably top his? No!
how about MAF for Nash straight up... take our chances with vokoun as our starter.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Mongoose87 wrote:That's why the whole ordeal is so insane. Nash is good, but is he really good enough to give up a number of guys whose production will probably top his? No!
how about MAF for Nash straight up... take our chances with vokoun as our starter.
Columbus wouldn't do it. We wouldn't think of it. What an awful idea.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

ExPatriatePen wrote:When I first saw this thread title I read it as:

"I'm bored, let's talk TRash"

:)
So, I'm not the only one.

I dislike Indian food trash, especially that with a high curry content. And you?
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

I think that Columbus could be trying to get a little 3-way action going to expand the list of teams he could be traded too - for instance you could see Nash go to Edmonton for a couple of their young forwards... then they flip him to us for a couple of our D. That would make sense for everyone involved, if Pittsburgh was interested in Nash.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Nash has a NMC he's not going to Edmonton (if it's a rare "get him and flip him" deal). Nor would "a couple of our D" offset the cost for them that they gave up to get Nash...the latter point is most important...
beLIEve
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by beLIEve »

FallenHero96 wrote:I think that Columbus could be trying to get a little 3-way action going to expand the list of teams he could be traded too - for instance you could see Nash go to Edmonton for a couple of their young forwards... then they flip him to us for a couple of our D. That would make sense for everyone involved, if Pittsburgh was interested in Nash.
Did you write this?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard- ... /131/45655" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Nash could waive the NMC if they explained to hm what was happening. And of course it would depend on what they got from Edmonton and what Edmonton wanted from us. But if the interest was there for all 3 teams I would think it would be possible.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

beLIEve wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:I think that Columbus could be trying to get a little 3-way action going to expand the list of teams he could be traded too - for instance you could see Nash go to Edmonton for a couple of their young forwards... then they flip him to us for a couple of our D. That would make sense for everyone involved, if Pittsburgh was interested in Nash.
Did you write this?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Richard- ... /131/45655" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope. But I read it.

It makes sense. Everyone knows Edmonton is looking for young defenseman and Columbus is looking for young forwards. Maybe something like that could work, not just for us but for another team that Nash would be traded to.
k0la
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by k0la »

beLIEve wrote:
Did you write this?

Despres and Tangradi? I thought it was just us overrating Despres, but apparently he's interesting to other teams. Guess other have seen what Pens managed to make out of Goligoski and Letang. With so many great young d-men in the organization I don't think Shero can say no to this offer unless he was planning on giving him a lot of playing time this year.
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by GenoMachino71 »

traded to the Rangers....

details not out yet....

TSN's Darren Dreger is reporting that the Rangers have acquired Rick Nash from the Blue Jackets.

Details of the trade have not been released, but Dreger does say the deal is complete pending the trade call. Derek Stepan is one player Dreger has pointed out as not being included in this package.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by scpensfan »

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger: Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by GenoMachino71 »

scpensfan wrote:Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger: Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Rick Nash.
yeah I saw it was being discussed already in the other thread