*** THE LORDS OF HELL Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** THE LORDS OF HELL Game Thread ***

Post by ulf »

So we have 3 votes, for 3 different people. reds wouldn't try to stall another day phase would they?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Whoops I guess just obhave and benny have votes
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Yellow Benny

The four that stick out to me are Benny, MWB, Shaf, and Canaan.
So three of the more vocal people and one who has exactly one post. Why does canaan's one post make him stick out over others who haven't said much of anything? History?
It was a skilled player that saw what SDD did.
Guess you could be right, but I didn't see anything originally. Wasn't until I just went through again and see a couple things in hindsight that could be construed as him having seeing powers.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

ulf wrote:So we have 3 votes, for 3 different people. reds wouldn't try to stall another day phase would they?
I'm sure they would, so we need to try to build some sort of logical consensus. One option would be to kill off dead weight (EPP), but I'm not sure how much info that gives us.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I like my MWB vote. My initial impression of the village has been, based on MWB's questioning, he's definitely good. I don't trust myself to be right, so I'm just going against my naive intuition.

lynch mwb
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lynch canaan

MIA
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

2 - obhave (ulf, Rylan)
2 - Benny (PB, thg)
1 - MWB (TL)
1 - canaan (shad)

8 to lynch. Deadline 3pm.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

MWB wrote:
ulf wrote:So we have 3 votes, for 3 different people. reds wouldn't try to stall another day phase would they?
I'm sure they would, so we need to try to build some sort of logical consensus. One option would be to kill off dead weight (EPP), but I'm not sure how much info that gives us.
Obhave jumped on the vote for a blue right after me. That's a red flag, imo for someone who's been too busy. Another vote I considered was pavel who did not go with the majority earlier, which rendered another day phase useless. But P48 was blue so i don't know how much stock that holds.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

lynch benny
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

3 - Benny (PB, thg, columbia)
2 - obhave (ulf, Rylan)
1 - MWB (TL)
1 - canaan (shad)

MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:I like my MWB vote. My initial impression of the village has been, based on MWB's questioning, he's definitely good. I don't trust myself to be right, so I'm just going against my naive intuition.

lynch mwb
So you think you're so bad at this game that you're going to go against everything you think? Interesting strategy.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

If we're going for canaan or benny, I'd rather go with canaan since he's posted just once.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I think we all need to get on the same page if only have of us are going to vote each time. Even though I'm pretty sure a few of the people voting each time are red.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Half* haha
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I like my MWB vote. My initial impression of the village has been, based on MWB's questioning, he's definitely good. I don't trust myself to be right, so I'm just going against my naive intuition.

lynch mwb
So you think you're so bad at this game that you're going to go against everything you think? Interesting strategy.
I don't want to trust my initial inclinations this game.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

MWB wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
MWB wrote:Didn't vote for anyone:
Rylan
canaan
relantel
Benny Fitz
ExPatriatePen
Pen48guins
ulf

Voted for someone other than pen48:
Pavel Bure (Benny)
Troy Loney (MWB)

I know this is rudimentary, which is why I'm posting it at night, but I think it's important to get out there. I would say at least one, if not two, of these players is bad. If I were red I would undoubtedly not vote in this situation, or throw a vote on someone else.
i think you're assuming both p48 and rel are blue. if either one is red, then im not sure that logic holds up. however, i still disagree. I didnt vote for p48 for two reasons. 1- beause i dont think it was a good vote 2-and more importantly i wanted to see what reds would sweat another 'no kill'. the reds need kills, we dont.
How would the logic not hold? If one is red, the reds would definitely go for a nonvote instead of piling on to finish him off, especially in the pen48 vote when we were certain it would be no kill. I think it's interesting you don't think pen48 was a good vote, but didn't vote at all. Why wasn't it a good vote? I thought you were one of those in favor of eliminating non-participants. Or is that not true?
i missed this the first time through, sorry.

no i defintely am in favor of eliminating non-pars. Im surprised my reasoning is met with such reproach. I guess i just figured the reds wouldnt let it go to another 'no kill'. and by wouldnti mean would have definitly been in on the p48 vote (especially since he was blue), and or the rel vote. I think if you cross reference those two votes, we'll have our short list of candidates.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

8 - relantel - (Rylan, columbia, CBear, Troy, PB, SDD, ulf, MWB)
7 - pens48 (thg, shad, MWB, ulf, CBear, columbia, obhave)

Here's the cross reference. People who voted for both:
MWB, Cbear, ulf, columbia

I believe it's possible a red would jump on at least one of these trains. However, I still think a red would just as likely not vote if they think it's possible that the vote won't go through.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

15 votes and you think only 1 red? I dont know what kind of baddies you're used to dealing with, but i'm supposing level 1 thinkers until proven otherwise. I dont mean that in a bad way to anyone, i just know how much people freak out when they have to play a baddie and as a result i feel their skill drops accordingly.

starting a vote on me for things ive said make me think i might be warm on some things.

i like a cbear vote here. hasnt said much but has found his way on to both votes with little to no explaination.

lynch cbear
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I'd be fine with a cbear vote if everyone gets with it. He was on my short list with obhave and pavel.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Benny Fitz wrote:15 votes and you think only 1 red? I dont know what kind of baddies you're used to dealing with, but i'm supposing level 1 thinkers until proven otherwise. I dont mean that in a bad way to anyone, i just know how much people freak out when they have to play a baddie and as a result i feel their skill drops accordingly.

starting a vote on me for things ive said make me think i might be warm on some things.

i like a cbear vote here. hasnt said much but has found his way on to both votes with little to no explaination.

lynch cbear
What I meant was that it's certainly possible (indeed likely) that there are reds in those two votes. However, I would think that it's more likely that only one would be in on both votes, most specifically the second one, since they knew it could be a non lynch situation.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Lynch MWB

I don't like his TL vote at all, as I'm firmly conviced now that he's blue.

Other things I'm thinking about:
*How does rel go from nearly being lynched day 1 to not being mentioned again.
*Does a vote for EPP help here? We haven't reached a consensus once, and the votes are getting even more splintered. If the % of non-voters alive keeps increasing it'll get even harder to get a kill during the Day phase.

My votes are simple bandwagon votes. Since there's so little information passed during the Day phase that you can actually trust, the most concrete info comes from a kill, one way or another (at least for me, since I'm not up on everybody's warz personas).

Edited: I was a pizza*ing moron and read the vote tally backwards, MWB didn't vote on TL (it was the opposite)
Last edited by CBear3 on Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

3 - Benny (PB, thg, columbia)
2 - obhave (ulf, Rylan)
2 - MWB (TL, CBear)
1 - canaan (shad)
1 - CBear (Benny)

obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

ulf wrote:
MWB wrote:
Obhave jumped on the vote for a blue right after me. That's a red flag, imo for someone who's been too busy. Another vote I considered was pavel who did not go with the majority earlier, which rendered another day phase useless. But P48 was blue so i don't know how much stock that holds.
To be fair that was the point at which I had time again. Back from vacation and all moved in.

Lynch canaan

It seems unusual for him to be so absent and I don't trust it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

CBear3 wrote:Lynch MWB

I don't like his TL vote at all, as I'm firmly conviced now that he's blue.

Other things I'm thinking about:
*How does rel go from nearly being lynched day 1 to not being mentioned again.
*Does a vote for EPP help here? We haven't reached a consensus once, and the votes are getting even more splintered. If the % of non-voters alive keeps increasing it'll get even harder to get a kill during the Day phase.

My votes are simple bandwagon votes. Since there's so little information passed during the Day phase that you can actually trust, the most concrete info comes from a kill, one way or another (at least for me, since I'm not up on everybody's warz personas).
I haven't voted for TL, and said I think he's blue.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

obhave wrote: It seems unusual for him to be so absent and I don't trust it.
please dont waste your time on me. i sent NAN an email telling that i want to remove myself from the game. i have personal stuff going on and cant commit. apologies to all.