Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Senka »

I hate when people stop while driving to waive someone on, when they dont have a stop sign or a light and hold up traffic behind them for no reason...

I also hate when I dunk a nacho in cheese and leave it there to get soggy, and when it gets soggy and ready to eat, someone else takes it.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Senka wrote:I hate when people stop while driving to waive someone on, when they dont have a stop sign or a light and hold up traffic behind them for no reason...
HATE THIS.

Why dont people use turn signals anymore? 3 lane highway from the north into the city. People go in and out in rush hour traffic. Driving down the center lane is often scary business.

Also walking up an escalator, if you want to stand then move to the right side so I can walk up. I want to get home or to work. A moving stairway will only help me get there a few seconds faster. Dont stand there next to your buddy and talk whiel 30 people are behind you trying to walk up. Thanks.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

kenny the kangaroo recently recieved a few new packages of undershirts. the sticky/itchy/clinginess of new undershirts is unbearable. the smallest amount of sweat creates such itching. good grief.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

Road Peeves.

Riding in the fast lane at 65 is a jerk move in of itself, but letting every truck get over to pass other trucks (which takes like 5 minutes to complete), while you hold up 15 cars behind you in the fast lane is just absurd.

Passing in the left lane at 65 mph when the car you are passing is going 64 mph... get out of the way, pass later and let the regular drives through.

Flying up the right lane when a line of cars is behind a "slow passer" (mentioned above) as if your going to magically go around everyone. get in line buddy.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo recently recieved a few new packages of undershirts. the sticky/itchy/clinginess of new undershirts is unbearable. the smallest amount of sweat creates such itching. good grief.
These?
Spoiler:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Why doesn’t Microsoft Windows have native support for virtual desktops? I use a (very nice) program called Dexpot to give me my virtual desktops on my work machine. But I’ve been using multiple desktops under Linux/Unix since I was running TWM on the Solaris boxes in Pitt’s computer labs back in the early ‘90s. Every Linux windows manager has support for virtual desktops in pretty much whatever number or orientation you want. This is like car made in 2012 coming with an 8-Track player in the dash. WTF, Microsoft?
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I hate when I am at Chipolte (which is always limited seating at lunchtime) and there is 1 person taking up a 4 person booth, especially when there are 1 and 2 seat tables available.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

I hate when people are stating their opinion and apologize as in "I'm sorry but there is no reason for...." first of all you ARE NOT SORRY. Second, people probably aren't listening to you speak anyways but are just waiting for silence so they can speak again.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo recently recieved a few new packages of undershirts. the sticky/itchy/clinginess of new undershirts is unbearable. the smallest amount of sweat creates such itching. good grief.
Hanes, taggless, comfortsoft soft white t-shirts are the best.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:
Hanes, taggless, comfortsoft soft white t-shirts are the best.
and then grow a hitler stache
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I miss paper tags on t-shirts because I used to be able to put the shirts on easily just by feeling for the tag instead of having to look at the shirt. It's only a second more of my time, but I don't find the comfort level to be all that much different.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I love the Hanes tagless. I wear V-necks under my work shirts and polos, so it's pretty simple to figure out.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shafnutz05 wrote:I love the Hanes tagless. I wear V-necks under my work shirts and polos, so it's pretty simple to figure out.
Hanes tagless are the best undershirts.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Rylan wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:I love the Hanes tagless. I wear V-necks under my work shirts and polos, so it's pretty simple to figure out.
Hanes tagless are the best undershirts.
I may have to try those out. I wear Jockey tagless right now, but they are getting pricey.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I associate Jockey with tighty whiteys for some reason.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Hanes sucks. I hate buying a pack of 6 and no two shirts are exactly the same. How can a company as big as Hanes not make a uniformed sized undershirt WITHIN THE SAME PACKAGE?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

meow wrote:Hanes sucks. I hate buying a pack of 6 and no two shirts are exactly the same. How can a company as big as Hanes not make a uniformed sized undershirt WITHIN THE SAME PACKAGE?
What do you mean? I never have had problems with Hanes. I have, however, had problems with Fruit of the Loom.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Rylan wrote:
meow wrote:Hanes sucks. I hate buying a pack of 6 and no two shirts are exactly the same. How can a company as big as Hanes not make a uniformed sized undershirt WITHIN THE SAME PACKAGE?
What do you mean? I never have had problems with Hanes. I have, however, had problems with Fruit of the Loom.
Like, the length of each shirt is different. The arm lengths differ. The collars are different.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

meow wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Like, the length of each shirt is different. The arm lengths differ. The collars are different.
I'm not surprised, since Inspector #12 is probably long dead.

#old
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Now its probably "Inspector that is 12 years old." still #old compared to the others on the shift.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I miss paper tags on t-shirts because I used to be able to put the shirts on easily just by feeling for the tag instead of having to look at the shirt. It's only a second more of my time, but I don't find the comfort level to be all that much different.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

I hate having to thank everyone facebook for wishing me happy birthday, especially people I will never talk to or see again in my life.

I changed my birthday to February 29 just so I only have to worry about this every 4 years. I tried using February 31, but it wouldnt let me do that.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hate having to thank everyone facebook for wishing me happy birthday, especially people I will never talk to or see again in my life.

I changed my birthday to February 29 just so I only have to worry about this every 4 years. I tried using February 31, but it wouldnt let me do that.
Why would you have to thank people for that?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I’m a fat guy (250 lbs. at 5’10”), and I buy some of my clothes from big & tall stores. I get catalogs all the time from those stores, and specifically Casual Male XL (which operates both a catalog and brick-and-mortar locations). This is a company that sells clothing specifically for both fat and tall guys; we’re talking about 8–10XL shirts and pants with 66” waists. But their catalogs don’t have fat guys in them. Every featured model looks to either be of regular height or tall, and none are obviously overweight or obese. The same goes for the pictures on their web store.

Now, I appreciate that people don’t generally want to look at fat models, and clothes supposedly look best on skinny people. From what I understand, that’s why fashion models (even the men) are usually walking sticks. But this is a company that sells clothing specifically for fat men. If I’m thinking of buying a pair of pants, I’d like to see what it looks like on a dude with a gut, because I’m a dude with a gut. If that that shirt looks good on a 6', 350 lb. guy, then it will probably look good on me too.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I hate having to thank everyone facebook for wishing me happy birthday, especially people I will never talk to or see again in my life.
A special thank you for the Birthday wishes to all you cougars who didnt give me the time of day in High School but now want to be my FB friend. My wife's hotter than you are.