Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by 60sixx »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Screwing a simple order at a Burger joint. How hard is to not include pickles or mustard? I usually leave something off an order on purpose in an insane attempt to get a fresher Burger.
Oh my God....you have no idea.....I was once told by a MANAGER at Wendy's, and I quote, "PLAIN means WITH CHEESE, ma'am." :evil: :evil: :evil:
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Soo, I was at the gym on the running machine for 20 minutes. A young girl with ALOT of perfume on came to the machine next to me and started running. 10 minutes later an lady probably 35 years old came to the machine to my right and started running for only a few minutes. She just kept looking over at me at least 4-5 times in 5 minutes. started bothering me. I just kept running forward with my headphones on, watching the TV on my machine. Finally she spoke loudly right at me (starteling me) saying in a rude voice "are you wearing cologne?" I loled and said no I am not. Few seconds later she asked "are you sure? I can hardly breathe" (there are at least 10+ other running machines she can just LEAVE and go to another one.) I then say while not even looking at her, "No I am not wearing cologne, all natural baby", then she walks away. haha really? I like to be left alone while working out. the end.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:Soo, I was at the gym on the running machine for 20 minutes. A young girl with ALOT of perfume on came to the machine next to me and started running. 10 minutes later an lady probably 35 years old came to the machine to my right and started running for only a few minutes. She just kept looking over at me at least 4-5 times in 5 minutes. started bothering me. I just kept running forward with my headphones on, watching the TV on my machine. Finally she spoke loudly right at me (starteling me) saying in a rude voice "are you wearing cologne?" I loled and said no I am not. Few seconds later she asked "are you sure? I can hardly breathe" (there are at least 10+ other running machines she can just LEAVE and go to another one.) I then say while not even looking at her, "No I am not wearing cologne, all natural baby", then she walks away. haha really? I like to be left alone while working out. the end.
This is a big pet peeve for me. People who use too much perfume/cologne. I can't stand it. I don't understand it. Put on a little bit. If you don't have anything that smells nice, stick with deodorant. The stench makes it difficult for me to breath sometimes.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

In the last couple of years, I’ve seen cars with big stickers on their back windows that said something along the lines of “In Loving Memory of John T. Doe, 19XX–20XX.” I just saw another one yesterday. I don’t understand what’s going on. Is the car itself the item “in loving memory.” I mean, hey, what person wouldn’t want to be lovingly memorialized by a 2009 Honda Pilot? Or are those folks just sending a general message to the world that someone close to them once died? I’ve gone through the deaths of close relatives that I miss dearly, but I don’t feel the need to announce that fact to the world on the rear window of my Hyundai.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

TV shows that give away what is going to happen with "Coming Up" clips or in-show interviews. Example: Was watching Chopped last week and this lady was like "I looked at so and so's dishes and thought 'that's it. I'm chopped'." Sure enough, she won. How "shocking". I knew as soon as they had that clip that she was going to win.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

the wicked child wrote:TV shows that give away what is going to happen with "Coming Up" clips or in-show interviews. Example: Was watching Chopped last week and this lady was like "I looked at so and so's dishes and thought 'that's it. I'm chopped'." Sure enough, she won. How "shocking". I knew as soon as they had that clip that she was going to win.
I agree on that.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

I have this pet peeve about people saying "I agree on that"

They just really piss me off
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Godric wrote:I have this pet peeve about people saying "I agree on that"

I can attest to that.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Rylan wrote:
Godric wrote:I have this pet peeve about people saying "I agree on that"

I can attest to that.
:fist:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I hate when you are eating Dunk-a-roos and there is already a cookie in the icing that is no mush and takes up valuable icing space.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Shyster wrote:In the last couple of years, I’ve seen cars with big stickers on their back windows that said something along the lines of “In Loving Memory of John T. Doe, 19XX–20XX.” I just saw another one yesterday. I don’t understand what’s going on. Is the car itself the item “in loving memory.” I mean, hey, what person wouldn’t want to be lovingly memorialized by a 2009 Honda Pilot? Or are those folks just sending a general message to the world that someone close to them once died? I’ve gone through the deaths of close relatives that I miss dearly, but I don’t feel the need to announce that fact to the world on the rear window of my Hyundai.
Want to find out if there is such a thing as ghosts? Immortalize me on the rear window of your F-150. I will haunt you forever. How classy.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

Ok, when people laugh as they talk is just annoying as hell. Like we are in a group conversation and one person just starts to laugh for a few seconds before speaking because whatever we are talking about reminds him/her of a movie or quote or something of their past, then ends up being not funny at all.

Even when someone talk/laughs when telling a story, almost like they have a studdoring problem. cant hear half the words they are saying because they are telling a non funny story while laughing telling it.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Shyster wrote:In the last couple of years, I’ve seen cars with big stickers on their back windows that said something along the lines of “In Loving Memory of John T. Doe, 19XX–20XX.” I just saw another one yesterday. I don’t understand what’s going on. Is the car itself the item “in loving memory.” I mean, hey, what person wouldn’t want to be lovingly memorialized by a 2009 Honda Pilot? Or are those folks just sending a general message to the world that someone close to them once died? I’ve gone through the deaths of close relatives that I miss dearly, but I don’t feel the need to announce that fact to the world on the rear window of my Hyundai.
It's been my experience that most of those are on cars owned by minorities or lower income individuals and most times are for younger people who died in their teens or twenties.

Just my observations.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Its really annoying when ESPN or another sports outlet reads tweets from athletes, and they say the hashtag thing at the end. The tweet is up there on the screen, you can see it, but it just sounds really stupid hearing "hashtag" (complete nonsense) because hashtags at the end of tweets, esp athletes are meaningless. It just sounds stupid and unprofessional.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:Ok, when people laugh as they talk is just annoying as hell. Like we are in a group conversation and one person just starts to laugh for a few seconds before speaking because whatever we are talking about reminds him/her of a movie or quote or something of their past, then ends up being not funny at all.

Even when someone talk/laughs when telling a story, almost like they have a studdoring problem. cant hear half the words they are saying because they are telling a non funny story while laughing telling it.
Guilty.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Dear neighbor:

Thanks for putting on a fireworks show last weekend in the neighborhood on June 30 and July 1, it was great. Thanks also for doing it on the 3rd and 4th. It was nice last night, the 6th, also.

Tonight, the 7th and the 5th day out of 8 that you've set fireworks off, it's gotten old. I'm trying to get my kids to bed. Knock it off.

Sincerely,
PghSkins.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Godric »

PghSkins wrote:Dear neighbor:

Thanks for putting on a fireworks show last weekend in the neighborhood on June 30 and July 1, it was great. Thanks also for doing it on the 3rd and 4th. It was nice last night, the 6th, also.

Tonight, the 7th and the 5th day out of 8 that you've set fireworks off, it's gotten old. I'm trying to get my kids to bed. Knock it off.

Sincerely,
PghSkins.
No can do buddy. I got a lot more left to burn :pop:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

My wife's obnoxious cousin is going wild on Facebook about her stupid baby. "CLICK ON THE PHOTO AND CLICK "LIKE" TO VOTE FOR JACK IN THE CUTEST BABY EVER CONTEST!" I think what infuriates me even more is that the baby's actual name is John, but they have only EVER referred to it as Jack. I went on the website and voted 10 times for the other baby that had the most votes.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

shafnutz05 wrote: I went on the website and voted 10 times for the other baby that had the most votes.
This is absolutely tremendous. :thumb:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05 wrote:My wife's obnoxious cousin is going wild on Facebook about her stupid baby.
Uncle of the Year. :pop:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:My wife's obnoxious cousin is going wild on Facebook about her stupid baby.
Uncle of the Year. :pop:
lolol I wouldn't be an uncle in that scenario, would I? It's just awful.

"NOW MAKE SURE YOU LIKE BABYSMILES.COM FIRST, AND THEN CLICK ON MY BABY AND VOTE."

Why do so many mothers need affirmation that their baby is such a cute wittle boy or girl? My wife thinks I hate babies, I actually just hate the over-obsessive stay at home moms.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I like children....but only the ones I'm related to.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

columbia wrote:I like children....but only the ones I'm related to.
basically. though one of my good friends will occasionally put a pic of his baby on FB accompanied by a pretty funny caption. i enjoy those posts.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I really wish these jackwagons at my gym would get it thru their skulls that clanging the dumbbells together with every rep doesnt increase the effect. I'd say 90% of the people do it and it drives me insane. I've even tried to do it and it throws me off balance. Some of these guys even do the rep, pause at the very top of the movement then...CLANG! for no reason over and over and over.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I really wish these jackwagons at my gym would get it thru their skulls that clanging the dumbbells together with every rep doesnt increase the effect. I'd say 90% of the people do it and it drives me insane. I've even tried to do it and it throws me off balance. Some of these guys even do the rep, pause at the very top of the movement then...CLANG! for no reason over and over and over.
Could just be their auditory cue that they reached full extension?