Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

count2infinity wrote:
Rylan wrote:I don't think the death penalty is fair to the players. I hate sanctions that punish the players and student body instead of those truly responsible.
The more I think about it, the more I agree with whoever said it earlier (i'm not going to look back, so credit wherever it's due), the death penalty ALWAYS punishes innocent students.
that was kenny the kangaroo that made that point. holla
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

oh, well since it was that guy nevermind ;)
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ng-sources
The report is expected to shed new light on administrators' handling of the Sandusky allegations, and also raise questions about Paterno's leadership of Penn State's vaunted football program, according to several people with knowledge of the inquiry's scope.

"Much of the focus will be on the culture of the football program, with findings that go back more than a decade," said a Penn State official briefed on the inquiry, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "It's going to be very tough on Joe (Paterno)."
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

You know what? I love JoePa. I do. But If this report comes down as harshly as it sounds, that will most certainly affect my opinion of him
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

shafnutz05 wrote:You know what? I love JoePa. I do. But If this report comes down as harshly as it sounds, that will most certainly affect my opinion of him
Yeah this sounds bad. There has to be something substantial in there for them to make some of the comments that were in the article.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

So Paterno's last act for PSU will be to take the fall for everything possible.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Rocco wrote:So Paterno's last act for PSU will be to take the fall for everything possible.
Hes not taking the fall for everything. Everyone knows what wrong others did, but it looks as if hes rightfully getting exposed for his role in all this. Geez, the way u phrase that makes him sound like just some sort of message board whipping boy
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Rocco wrote:So Paterno's last act for PSU will be to take the fall for everything possible.
or

joe paterno could have been the guy to make all the decisions there. lets face it, if the guy is allowed to tell his bosses (curley and spanier) that they are not allowed to fire him. its not a stretch of the imagination that joepa was a.) in control and b.) willing to protect his sterling image at all costs.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by steve784 »

Just got this in the old email inbox....I guess this was sent to all alumni:
Louis Freeh, the former FBI director and federal judge who has led an independent, external investigation into all aspects of the University's actions related to child abuse allegations against former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, has just announced he will release the findings of his investigation at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 12, at http://www.TheFreehReportonPSU.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; online.

We look forward to seeing the report on July 12 and reviewing Freeh's recommendations. The Board of Trustees will be holding a regular meeting this week at Penn State Worthington Scranton, and the University will provide a response on Thursday in Scranton at a time and location to be announced.
Who wants to bet that thing crashes all morning on Thursday?
66 Fighters of Foo
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 66 Fighters of Foo »

"Hey, I know...let's blame the dead guy!"
SirMario66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SirMario66 »

The Paterno's actions in the last 2 weeks, topped off with this apparent Joe Pa letter from beyond the grave, reek of damage control for a program's and coach's legacy that has about 11.5 hours left before it is destroyed for good.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It won't be pretty.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Everything in this case gives me the heebie jeebies.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

SirMario66 wrote:The Paterno's actions in the last 2 weeks, topped off with this apparent Joe Pa letter from beyond the grave, reek of damage control for a program's and coach's legacy that has about 11.5 hours left before it is destroyed for good.
I'd be surprised if an investigation paid for PSU will destroy them. Isn't there another investigation ongoing too? That's the one I think could do it.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The Department of Justice and Department of Education are also on the trail.
it was to PSU's benefit to hire someone like Freeh, whoiv won't go easy on anyone; the university has already spent enough time ignoring reality and it is time to pay the piper.
Last edited by columbia on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

ulf wrote:
SirMario66 wrote:The Paterno's actions in the last 2 weeks, topped off with this apparent Joe Pa letter from beyond the grave, reek of damage control for a program's and coach's legacy that has about 11.5 hours left before it is destroyed for good.
I'd be surprised if an investigation paid for PSU will destroy them. Isn't there another investigation ongoing too? That's the one I think could do it.
The Board of Trustees hired former FBI director Louis Freeh to do the investigation. The presser is tomorrow at 10am 93.7 the fan is carrying it live.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

yeah kinda knew that :lol:
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

I wonder if Ray Gricar be mentioned in the report?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Paterno knew about the 98 incident too
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

might be a while until you can access the freeh report. must be a ton of people trying to get on the website because i can't access it.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Sad.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Reports trickling in from other news outlets:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns- ... 7577.story
Samsdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Samsdog »

Based on what I've read on CNN and other outlets, it's not painting Paterno in all that flattering of a light. I'll reserve judgment until I read it myself but either he was more complicit than anyone thought until the e-mails were released or Penn State is throwing him under the bus.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

if anyone is having trouble getting on the site, the direct link for the report is http://www.thefreehreportonpsu.com/REPO ... 071212.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i'm on page 20 now and this is just disgusting stuff
"University Police detective and Department of Public Welfare caseworker interview Sandusky in Lasch Building so as not to put Sandusky "on the defensive." Sandusky admits hugging Victim 6 in the shower but says there was nothing "sexual about it." The detective advised Sandusky not to shower with any child. Sandusky stated he "wouldn't."