Sabourin - AHL 2005-06 First All-Star Team

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Admin
Site Admin

Sabourin - AHL 2005-06 First All-Star Team

Post by Admin »

Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins goaltender Dany Sabourin has been voted to the American Hockey League's 2005-06 First All-Star Team, it was announced Thursday.

Sabourin, 25, leads all players currently in the AHL with a 2.26 goals against average and is second with a .922 save percentage. He is also tied for third with 27 wins and tied for fourth with three shutouts.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

cough 11.68 cough...GAA cough
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

... and he is going to ride the pine in the playoffs...
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Great for him. Isn't it a bit unfair to him that after a strong season he probably won't get to play in the playoffs? Somehow it ain't right.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Gaucho wrote:Great for him. Isn't it a bit unfair to him that after a strong season he probably won't get to play in the playoffs? Somehow it ain't right.
I'm not so sure. I think making MAF eligible was more of an insurance policy as a backup to, and not a replacement for him.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Based on Therrien's comments in today's Post-Gazette it sound like MAF will be the starter in the playoffs.

I understand the decision from the organization's standpoint, of course. You want to go with the best players available and Fleury is definitely the better goalie. Still, touhg for Dany.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Gaucho wrote:Based on Therrien's comments in today's Post-Gazette it sound like MAF will be the starter in the playoffs.
I missed that... Do you have a link? Thanks.

Nevermind. Found it.
Super Slovak Surovy

Post by Super Slovak Surovy »

what is the link?

i mean i dont really agree with that since sabourin has been the number 1 for some time... but hey you do what you have to when you want to win
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Super Slovak Surovy wrote:what is the link?
I guess that was rather rude of me to state hat I'd found it and then not post it for others to enjoy.

Apologies.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06097/680244-61.stm
Super Slovak Surovy

Post by Super Slovak Surovy »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Super Slovak Surovy wrote:what is the link?
I guess that was rather rude of me to state hat I'd found it and then not post it for others to enjoy.

Apologies.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06097/680244-61.stm
that is quite alright
you didnt have to apologize i was the loser who was too lazy to look it up myself... :roll: