Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by Lesky »

@68Jagr
Quote:
Special thanks to my linemates Scotty and G.
Quote:
To@28CGiroux:Keep working and soon you will be the best player in NHL like I said.To@Hartsy19:work hard and you will score 40.
@Hartsy19
Quote:
@68Jagr u inspired me to try and be the best every game and practice. @28CGiroux and me couldn't have asked for a better liney
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I like Giroux (except for this cocky attitude, but a good player), but he will never be the best player in the NHL. There's Jagr's stupid mouth again. I really don't like him on a personal level. Used to love him. He made me turn against him.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I've gathered over the years that Jagr really doesn't like Sid. Regardless of the reasons, they always seem to get into yelling matches on the ice. I think this whole telling Giroux that he's the best in the world is just to stick it to Sid as much as possible. Nothing more.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

bhaw wrote:I've gathered over the years that Jagr really doesn't like Sid. Regardless of the reasons, they always seem to get into yelling matches on the ice. I think this whole telling Giroux that he's the best in the world is just to stick it to Sid as much as possible. Nothing more.

For a while the Pens were Jagr's team (between '96 & '00 when Lemieux was retired). He could defer to #66 when he came back, but it wasn't too long before he asked to be traded. When he was with the Caps & Rags, they were his teams. Then he went to Russia on a promise that he would play there. Oh wait, it was really because of the $, wasn't it? But when he came back to the NHL he realized that any team he joined wouldn't be his team, but he couldn't face the fact that he could never again be "the Man" again in Pittsburgh...because of Sid. Thus his dislike of #87. My take.

BEPF
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
bhaw wrote:I've gathered over the years that Jagr really doesn't like Sid. Regardless of the reasons, they always seem to get into yelling matches on the ice. I think this whole telling Giroux that he's the best in the world is just to stick it to Sid as much as possible. Nothing more.

For a while the Pens were Jagr's team (between '96 & '00 when Lemieux was retired). He could defer to #66 when he came back, but it wasn't too long before he asked to be traded. When he was with the Caps & Rags, they were his teams. Then he went to Russia on a promise that he would play there. Oh wait, it was really because of the $, wasn't it? But when he came back to the NHL he realized that any team he joined wouldn't be his team, but he couldn't face the fact that he could never again be "the Man" again in Pittsburgh...because of Sid. Thus his dislike of #87. My take.

BEPF
I didn't want to speculate on that, but there are also plenty of on ice unhappiness with them. They both like to go at each other for "diving" and things like that too. I think it's a combo of things, but I doubt he was ever serious about coming here like Shero was never serious about signing him last year. Mutual disdain.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Lol.

This myth that Jagr secretly has a hate for Crosby is laughable at best :)

Do you guys honestly believe any of this? There is not much to support the theory that Jagr free agent actions and praise for Giroux simply is a way of getting in under Crosbys skin. Remember also how little Crosby has played while Jagr has been active in the NHL.

Giroux was on pace for 34 points this playoff, so that Jagr praise him is nothing strange I would say.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Lesky wrote:Lol.

Do you guys honestly believe any of this? There is not much to support the theory that Jagr free agent actions and praise for Giroux simply is a way of getting in under Crosbys skin. Remember also how little Crosby has played while Jagr has been active in the NHL.

Giroux was on pace for 34 points this playoff, so that Jagr praise him is nothing strange I would say.
I think fleury was on pace for a sv pct of 25%... does that make him the soon-to-be worst goalie in the NHL?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Your unwavering believe that Jagr is perfect in every aspect is laughable at best. It's nice that you can take statements that are plainly obvious and twist it to sound ridiculous. If you actually watch Jagr and Sid play against each other, it's plainly obvious that neither of them like each other all that much. Jagr's decisions aren't based on that though. They are based on who will offer him an extra penny.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Add like to see the two Jagr threads merged to one thread, with the title All Things Jagr.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tico Rick wrote:Add like to see the two Jagr threads merged to one thread, with the title All Things Jagr.
+ 1

Good suggestion! DO IT! :)
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

bhaw wrote:

Your unwavering believe that Jagr is perfect in every aspect is laughable at best. It's nice that you can take statements that are plainly obvious and twist it to sound ridiculous. If you actually watch Jagr and Sid play against each other, it's plainly obvious that neither of them like each other all that much. Jagr's decisions aren't based on that though. They are based on who will offer him an extra penny.

Well, I could care less if Jagr dislikes Crosby or not - but there is little to support him praising Giroux has something to do with it.

Giroux was 3rd in the league in scoring and almost won the playoff scoring title playing half as much games as the other leaders.

Is it really impossible for him to become the best player in the league if keeps on progessing as a player?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Lesky, are you a guy or a girl? I'm asking because I wouldn't be surprised if you had a shrine dedicated to Jagr in your bedroom. I really don't understand your obsession, like posting cute pictures or your arguments. He was my favorite player as well, but who cares. He's just a hockey player.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Sarcastic wrote:Lesky, are you a guy or a girl? I'm asking because I wouldn't be surprised if you had a shrine dedicated to Jagr in your bedroom. I really don't understand your obsession, like posting cute pictures or your arguments. He was my favorite player as well, but who cares. He's just a hockey player.
I am most certainly a guy (and not gay either). I have around 50-60 Jagr and Lemieux jerseys and blank Penguins jerseys.

Why is that its a bad obsession to defend Jagr against badly motivated hatred?

Is it OK to blindfully hate someone for poor reasons but it is wrong to defend someone for good reasons? Nobody complains about all the haters who does not even know what happened last free agency, but you dare complain against me for standing up to them and asking them to be truthful in their arguments?

I am not saying Jagr is perfect as some say, I am just saying that there is no reason to have hate campaigns and mention Jagr in terms of scum of the earth etc - that is all!

If there was not hating idiots out there, I would not have to come across as extreme as I would not be "Jagrs shining knight".

I am very passionate supporters of 4 idols I have had since childhood = Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Michael Schumacher and Michael Jackson.

As a fan of Lemieux and Schumacher I have not been accused of obsession and thats because not many people attack them - but with Jackson and Jagr you have tons of people besmudging them mainly because of prejudice and stupid reasons.

Some fans do not care what others say about their idols, whether is true or not - I care and want people to be open minded and treat everyone like they would like to be treated themselves. (clearly all the haters feel that if a person makes one mistake, he is burnt for life)

All in all I think the only terrifying thing in this thread is the amount hatred being spit on Jagr for dubious reasons to say the least! We need more respect and less hatred!

At last, is there any better way to improve my english than throwing arguments back and forth like this? Thanks for the assistance in that regard
:thumb: :)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I have around 50-60 Jagr and Lemieux jerseys and blank Penguins jerseys.
Why on earth do you need so many? I have one. Ulf Samuelsson. I don't even wear it.

At last, is there any better way to improve my english than throwing arguments back and forth like this? Thanks for the assistance in that regard
I guess that's good, lol.

:thumb:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Ever wondered why Jagr will make $4.55 mil, while Whitney will earn "only" $4.50 mil? Jagr explains (in a long exclusive interview with "Sport" daily - unfortunately only in the print edition of the paper):

"It's a joke. I wanted two bonuses to be written into my contract. $5,000 for winning the Stanley Cup, and $5,000 for winning the scoring race. They raised it to $25,000 each, thus the $50,000. And because it has to be factored into the salary cap, the total number ended up this way. It's a little bit of a joke, but there is a little bit of superstition in it as well."

And why superstition?

Exactly the same bonuses ($5K+$5K) were in Jagr's contracts at the beginning of his career, when he actually won the Stanley Cups.

"Only later [in my career] I negotiated millions of dollars - and nothing! That's why I wanted to have those joke bonuses there, you never know... But Dallas raised them," Jagr complained jokingly.

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... olaru.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Lesky wrote:(clearly all the haters feel that if a person makes one mistake, he is burnt for life)[/i]
I dont view anything Jagr did as a mistake, and i'm sure he doesnt either. he was a bellyaching depressed a-hole before he left, and Ive hated him since then. specifically game 4 of the 2000 Flyers series. the recent crap just keeps the fire burning.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda quoted in today's "Sport" daily (once again, a long exclusive interview only in the print edition):

"If we waited just a few hours longer, [Jagr] would have received a considerably larger offer."

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... ejvic.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, "Sport" claims that with the next year's salary of $4.55 mil, Jagr will become (nominally) the highest paid NHL player in the history in terms of life-time earnings, beating Nick Lidstrom by ~$1 mil. Until this year, Jagr allegedly made $101.338 mil. Interestingly, in terms of Czech Crowns (using historical exchange rates), his lifetime earnings (after this year) are supposed to be CZK 3.0004 billion! :) (and they would have been even higher if USD did not lose ~50% of its value compared to CZK over the time of Jagr's career)

André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Love how Washington that got the worst of him had to account for his prime years salary wise =)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

"Sport" daily eventually decided to post some parts of the interview with Svoboda. It should be reasonably understandable with just the Google translator:
Jagr agent: When entering into contracts, too many times was a very kind man
What would happen if you left Dallas in the dark and drove him further calls after Paris signed with Minnesota Suter?

"At that point I filed around fifteen, seventeen specific offers for Jarda. Because he was, as interest is concerned, just behind those two. The game would be a two-year contract. But he was not about money, is rather modest, but confident decision. "

Jaromir Jagr, as usual, decided by intuition, but it was also about money. How much financial issues play a role?

"Not too much. Not really. If we wait a few hours, got to be much higher payout. "

Like last year, when he Wed Louis Blues offered about $ 6 million?

"Yes. And this year could find someone like that. Here we see that Jarda is always all about hockey and the high level of respect that he presented the people of Dallas. While the players signed contracts elsewhere for twelve years, Jarda concluded annual contract for four and a half million, it is for any NHL team the best that they can happen. For slušený money you get excellent goods. I say quite frankly that Jarda each team always acted like a total pro. How many times was too big good-natured, often thought the good of others than your own. "

Jagr Stars tried to flirt from all parties agree?
"Exactly. The interest was enormous. All the most important people in the club contacted him, talking about the future. It also impressed upon me as a former NHL player. I checked many times how important it is to communicate with the right and good people. Then the chances of success much greater. While Dallas did not play four years playoffs, but it is a good direction. Just a few more good players' moves and chances for the Stanley Cup could be interesting. In the spring they ran knockout of only six points. With those people we care about the Stars, will soon be very successful. Give me. "

After the first day the stock market to overseas media have said that Jagr landed 21 offers. How exactly did you mean?
"I said to the journalist exactly twenty-one were in any case very much. Can I appoint to be Edmonton or Winnipeg from serious ones. After some time we have with Jarda said that you leave it straight in my head, I can sleep and tell you that mančaft of all this comes as an ideal option. And we agreed on the same ballot. At Dallas. "
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... obrak.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What was difficult to find compared to last year Jagr corresponding engagement?

"The fact that those guys at the main Paris market and Suter is a long time deciding where to go. On Sunday, the market opened, and they signed up on Tuesday evening. Terribly long time, it wore on, many clubs were interested in it and waited, when it released. We all of which were quite disillusioned. But the call to Dallas and suddenly we all pookřáli. "

Were you surprised by phone calls from Texas?

"Actually, not really. It has a head and tail. Gone are the days when Dallas won the Stanley Cup (1999), the weaker years, I feel that it goes into a full organization with utmost seriousness. The new owner of the Stars is a Canadian, a huge fan of hockey. The club took back Gaineyho Bob, you have found Nieuwendyk, future NHL Hall of Fame member. Beyond these steps shown great prospect. And this year the market behaved very well received from Buff ala Derek Roy, this is an excellent striker, got Ray Whitney, too guy. It looks interesting. "

Yet it will be some time Jaromir Jagr disappointed that it did not work out engagements in Montreal. Are you upset you?

"I'm terribly disappointed. I do not mean just at Jarda, who certainly would have understood perfectly in line by Plekym, but for fans of Montreal would be a great news. I know what I mean, I live in Montreal. Unfortunately, the Canadiens have decided to team resorted to the fact that they start to bet on young boys. Nothing to do. "

Jaromir Jagr and not stopped or that the negotiations did not succeed, he surprised that virtually no debate there. You see it anyway?

"You could say that. Too long we've discussed it with Montreal. First, the club decided what and how, so we waited. And then I heard their side of the observations which I would describe as a half interest. And this Jarda deserve, so we put it from his hand away. "

General manager Marc Bergevin was to have heard that Jagr would have to fight for a place in the elite formations. It fits?

"I'll say it so that his approach was cooler. Bergevin told me directly that Jarda had to fight the first two Lines, but when the other side feel a clear interest, not worth it to run and push the saw. They do not want their cause. So let's play with Gomez for 7.2 million ... I just do not understand. I'm sure and say that even people with whom I speak, Canadiens fans that Jagr would be ecstatic. "

Regardless of the proceeds from sales of jerseys, right?

"Exactly. I know the mentality of local people and those from the Jarousek mad with joy. Long probably understand what Montreal Do not take that intended. Unfortunately it goes. Džegi in the world hockey term, but with the leadership of the club was not a debate that would be worthy of his reputation. Especially after they showed last season in Philadelphia. Three years of NHL did not play well and come back in style. "
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... louzi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Sarcastic wrote:
I have around 50-60 Jagr and Lemieux jerseys and blank Penguins jerseys.
Why on earth do you need so many? I have one. Ulf Samuelsson. I don't even wear it.

I guess that's good, lol.

:thumb:
Why not... Different ppl like different things In life

Don't worry lesky your English is better than 75% of this board (Including me lol)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Taxes... :)

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 40766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

Lesky wrote:@68Jagr
Quote:
Special thanks to my linemates Scotty and G.
Quote:
To@28CGiroux:Keep working and soon you will be the best player in NHL like I said.To@Hartsy19:work hard and you will score 40.
@Hartsy19
Quote:
@68Jagr u inspired me to try and be the best every game and practice. @28CGiroux and me couldn't have asked for a better liney
That may have been the most pathetic display of affection I have ever seen.

Lolololol
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Most recent (facebook-translated) post on Jagr's official facebook page:
Dear citizens!
We want to inform you and ask for help. Two days ago in Philly robbery has become the value of the $ 17 million! If you have any information, don't be afraid to call the police. The thief is still missing! The last time he was seen in Montreal, everything suggests that he had an accomplice. The thief is about 188 cm, weighs 90 kilograms, zrzavější hair. An accomplice is older, handsome-with smaller belly and accent. Thank you for your help!
The Chief of the Czech police, Jarda Jágr
http://www.facebook.com/68Jagr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

So Jagr was robbed?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner