I'm bored, lets talk Nash

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: I'm bored, lets talk Nash

Post by Pens15 »

Mr. Colby wrote:I mean the guys Columbus wants from NYR are young IMPACT players with high ceilings.

They're looking at guys like Del Zotto, McDonagh, Dubinsky, Stepan, Kreider, and then prospects like J.T. Miller, and then picks

There's not a guy on our team that's better than the first 5 names I listed that could be moved.
Yeah, and NYR balked at including more than 1 of those guys. Think they offered Dubi and Miller. It seems that NYR is not willing to gut their team to get Nash. So once again, the key issue may not be what Columbus wants.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

There's at least a half dozen teams that could offer a better package than the Pens, and already have. Aint happening, nor do i want it to.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens15 »

shmenguin wrote:
Pens15 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Christ, this thread again...

The first proposal is horrendous.

The Pens just don't have what Columbus is looking for, if you wanted a shot, I'd say maybe, maybe, maybe they'd consider this but it doesn't really help them:

Orpik, Sutter, Dupuis, Morrow, plus 2 out of 4 of Dumoulin/Despres/Pouliot/Harrington, a 1st in 2013 and a conditional 1st in 2014...but I would guess they'd want younger pieces than Orpik and Dupuis...I still don't think they'd want even that...
I hear you. But the thing is, it might not matter what they want. They might have to take what they can get.

As of now, they aren't getting what they want from the Pens or from anybody. I'm not sure if they are prepared to just keep a disgruntled Nash or not.
they'll get more from the rangers than they will from us. that's basically a fact at this point
More than likely, yes. That's why I admitted that it's a long shot.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

pugilist13 wrote:There's at least a half dozen teams that could offer a better package than the Pens, and already have. Aint happening, nor do i want it to.
I think this is the first time i've agreed with you on anything. Pretty exciting moment for me.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

pugilist13 wrote:There's at least a half dozen teams that could offer a better package than the Pens, and already have. Aint happening, nor do i want it to.
Bingo.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

I am a big Nash fan, love watching that guy play, he is a big power forward who has many facets to his game and would work well with Sid.

With that said, the price is set far to high for him, its almost laughable in what they think they can get in return for him. Morrow Kennedy Despres and other peices... No don't want to throw all that their way.
2. Cost - TK +#1 next yr + young top dman for nash AND my point above. Is that enough? Seems fair to me. Cbus doesnt send him to detroit and he is out of west all together. And we got the extra #1 from car this yr, so even steven.

Columbus wouldn't go for that. It might get you Umbreger but not Nash.
Last edited by no name on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I am redwill. I have a problem.

This is not easy for me to say publicly, but ... I am covetous of Rick Nash. Seriously. So seriously that I ventured into Pens-Related. I hope some magic fairy dust escapes somewhere allowing the Pens to trade for him. I'd like that.

I am redwill. I have a problem.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

Nash is fat and lazy. No thanks
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

I'd rather have Semin + the assets we have to give up for nash than Nash - those aspects
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

Better to take a risk of Semin honestly. If he doesn't work out you trade him for a 3rd round pick to some team next season looking to get to the cap floor.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I'd love to wear semin on the back of my jersey.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

thepittman wrote:Nash is fat and lazy. No thanks
OK. Goodbye to Pens-Related.
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jjwags »

anything is possible -- see the old Jagr to Wash trade - ---- If I where Columbus I would be asking for Morrow as a a starting point - but its going to take alot more than that - I would would rather have Doan short term
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

since Sid made a commitment to the pens, it is beyond time to make one back to him.
He needs a quality, not ancient & not on a tryout-out contract wing.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens Fan Since 1970 »

I don't think I could put up with Steigy and Errey saying "The Monster Nash" everytime Nash touches the puck. Not to mention if they would happen to put him out there when Crosby and Malkin are on the same line we would hear "Bylsma is going with the 2 headed monster and as an added bonus, the monster Nash".
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I want him to end up in Nashville just for the lulz
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I think the Lakers definitely improved with this move.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

Columbus doesn't have to lower their asking price. Nash is signed for 6 more friggin years, there's no rush. Other teams will get desperate, so they should just wait it out.

And enough with this crap about having a guy on your team that doesn't want to be there. They are open to trading him, so he needs to act like a professional and be patient. He will get his when someone wants him bad enough to pay the asking price.

And the other thing - teams will get into a bidding war.

So case in point - Pens don't have what it takes to get him and won't later because the asking price may never be lowered.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Pens Fan Since 1970 wrote:I don't think I could put up with Steigy and Errey saying "The Monster Nash" everytime Nash touches the puck. Not to mention if they would happen to put him out there when Crosby and Malkin are on the same line we would hear "Bylsma is going with the 2 headed monster and as an added bonus, the monster Nash".

:fist: Actually your right, this alone is a good reason not to get Nash. I can't stand Steigy as it is, hearing that night in, night out would drive me bonkers.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

thepittman wrote:Nash is fat and lazy. No thanks
30+ goals a year on a crap team. Yeah, real lazy.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by HockeyDaddy »

I may be missing something, but why did Nash sign with Columbus if he wants to be traded so quickly after signing? Why did Columbus sign him? Seems neither party has been happy with the deal basically ever since it was made.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Pierre LeBrun from ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/1 ... yes-to-you" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Penguins struck out on Zach Parise and Ryan Suter, yes, but let's settle the facts here. Pittsburgh did not trade Jordan Staal and Zbynek Michalek on draft weekend with the specific purpose of clearing cap space to lure Parise/Suter. Of course, the Pens were going to try to sign the star-studded UFA duo, but knowing the competition for them, they didn’t hang their entire offseason plan on it. First of all, they never intended on dealing Staal. They really wanted to sign him long-term (hence the 10-year, $60 million offer to him), but they were forced to deal him. That wasn’t part of the plan. Secondly, it was always understood within the front-office walls in Pittsburgh that either Michalek or Paul Martin would be moved in order to allow one of the many young D-men in the organization to have a shot on the big team, whether that’s Simon Despres, Joe Morrow, Brian Strait, Roberto Bortuzzo or Scott Harrington. As is stands, Matt Niskanen has proved more than capable to pick up Michalek’s minutes on his own in the top four.

Now, does that mean the Penguins won’t inquire on Yandle in Phoenix on defense or Rick Nash in Columbus to find a winger to play with Sidney Crosby? No, of course not. I think the Pens will definitely inquire on both and see it through if there’s a chance on Nash, for sure. But the Penguins are not desperate. They’re not going to overpay for the sake of doing something. This is a good team no matter what happens from here on out.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pens15 »

Yup, just read that. I think Shero would be remiss if he didn't at least kick the tires on Nash. However unlikely it may be.
RainbowsAndCottonCandy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by RainbowsAndCottonCandy »

Why don't we just trade Jordan Staal for Rick Nash. I mean its pretty obvious that Staal wants out after not signing a 10 year $60 million contract with us. So package Staal who can be the face of a franchise for Nash and give Sid the winger he needs...
GenoMachino71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by GenoMachino71 »

man there are some bad posts in there.....

can we make a post and pin it to the top saying Paul Martin and/or Tyler Kennedy are not hot/valuable assets that will be key players in landing a guy like Nash, Ryan, or Yandle

I'm not against the Penguins going for Nash.... I would at least talk to them and see what kind of package theyre interested in

I think they would probably ask for a guy like Letang/Neal in return, but they also know that wont happen

any deal would have to revolve around something like Sutter, Bennett, 1 of Morrow/Pouliot, 2 or 3 of Despres/Harrington/Dumoulin/Maatta, and 1 or 2 1st round draft picks

but if a bunch of teams are bidding against each other in the Nash sweepstakes, I dont think the Penguins can compete.... especially with Columbus needing top 2 line type talent in return the Penguins really only have Sutter to offer in terms of young NHL players/prospects anywhere close to playing in the NHL