Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by LeopardLetang »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People who leave extremely long voicemails.
and then rip through their phone number at the end so i have to listen to the message again. you can't expect me to memorize 7 numbers spoken in 1.5 seconds especially if i'm not ready for it. and just because i might have a pen in my hand doesn't mean it increases my memory capacity.

also people that speak their phone number in an offbeat cadence. 55-545-28. or 5554-528. what?

or i'm going to type someone's name into the computer and it turns out to be a tough one. so they think they're prepared and spell it out before i ask. problem is madelyn wiedermann, i'm still typing the name madelyn while you're finishing the spelling of your last name. if it happens to you all the time you'd think you'd pick up on the idea that i didn't start writing your last name yet so unless you think i'm memorizing it, give me a second to write the first half before rifling through the full thing.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

60sixx wrote:Now there's a page I didn't need to read. NECKTIES?
If you think about it, neckties are essentially never washed unless they are outright stained, like you spill soup on one. Otherwise, we just wear them over and over without cleaning. And a doctor might have people coughing right on his tie while he stands on front of them to look in their eyes, etc. If he then touches his tie to adjust it, he can pick up and transfer some of that cough spray.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I don't like the fake laugh that some people do. Ehehehe. You know they're not really laughing, just making the laughing sound. I had a close friend who did that and it would aggravate me. Glad I don't talk to him anymore.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

When girls over exaggerate the natural hip sway of walking.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

When you're in a parking lot that has angled parking rows and someone drives the wrong way down one of the aisles
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

When someone in your office speaks on a speakerphone so the entire office hears the conversation even though they have a door to their office but constantly leave it open...

Cause that person is obviously more important then anyone else in the office...
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

People that go to Walgreen's / CVS / Rite Aid and have grocery store-like orders when checking out.

If I go to those stores, I never get more than 2-3 things. On top of that, their prices are normally ridiculous compared to everyone else, so it really makes no sense to get anything there unless you are in a pinch.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

while on that subject, I hate Walgreens/CVS/RiteAid mainly because there are so many of them.
North of the city there is tons of new construction and when I think something cool or interesting might be built its just another stupid drug store. There are probabably 15 withint a few miles.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:People that go to Walgreen's / CVS / Rite Aid and have grocery store-like orders when checking out.

If I go to those stores, I never get more than 2-3 things. On top of that, their prices are normally ridiculous compared to everyone else, so it really makes no sense to get anything there unless you are in a pinch.
i usually only see old ladies do this - and i think it's because they live in walking distance, so this has to be where they to their big grocery runs.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:while on that subject, I hate Walgreens/CVS/RiteAid mainly because there are so many of them.
North of the city there is tons of new construction and when I think something cool or interesting might be built its just another stupid drug store. There are probabably 15 withint a few miles.
There's a Rite Aid in Duncan Plaza by the License center, a Walgreens by the Target off of McKnight, and they're building a CVS at McCandless Crossing.

Insane.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Twice in the last three days, I've thought of a pet peeve to post here (the same peeve both times), and then forgotten it. I'm peeved by that.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Shyster wrote:Twice in the last three days, I've thought of a pet peeve to post here (the same peeve both times), and then forgotten it. I'm peeved by that.
I hate when that happens.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Shyster wrote:Twice in the last three days, I've thought of a pet peeve to post here (the same peeve both times), and then forgotten it. I'm peeved by that.
Use your lawyer voice recorder thingie. You probably have one.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Ah, I remembered. I am peeved by what I perceive to be the growing trend of songs that are not in the rap or hip-hop genres to have a section in the middle where some “guest star” rapper does his or her thing. That started out in crappy pop music that I wouldn’t listen to anyway, but it seems to be spreading even farther. If I wanted to listen to rap (which IMO is not music), then I’d be listening to rap. The reason I’m not listening to rap is because I don’t want to listen to rap.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Shyster wrote:Ah, I remembered. I am peeved by what I perceive to be the growing trend of songs that are not in the rap or hip-hop genres to have a section in the middle where some “guest star” rapper does his or her thing. That started out in crappy pop music that I wouldn’t listen to anyway, but it seems to be spreading even farther. If I wanted to listen to rap (which IMO is not music), then I’d be listening to rap. The reason I’m not listening to rap is because I don’t want to listen to rap.
That is happening a lot. I don't think it's a musical trend. I think it's the record companies pushing other crap on people, thinking they may get interested in one or the other.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

shyster must be a maroon 5 fan :pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:shyster must be a maroon 5 fan :pop:
I don’t know what song it was. I was listening to Alt Nation on XM, which is the main channel for new/current “alternative rock.” Some song that sounded like a fairly standard alternative-rock song suddenly had a rap interval out of nowhere. I had to switch over to the Pink Floyd channel for more than an hour to cleanse my auditory palate.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

What is it about parents that they can't hang up the phone or leave the first time they say they are. A phone conversation with my mom always goes like this "Well, okay I'll let you go"...brings up 2 more topics...."Alright, I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'll talk to you later...you know what?"......

She just stopped over here now. Said "alright I'm taking off" and "im goin back over home" 4 seperate times and opened the front door,then walked back in the living room to tell me something else.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

DudeMan2766 wrote:What is it about parents that they can't hang up the phone or leave the first time they say they are. A phone conversation with my mom always goes like this "Well, okay I'll let you go"...brings up 2 more topics...."Alright, I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'll talk to you later...you know what?"......

She just stopped over here now. Said "alright I'm taking off" and "im goin back over home" 4 seperate times and opened the front door,then walked back in the living room to tell me something else.
Ugh. My dad is the same way. I have just taken to hanging up after He starts the first goodbye
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

DudeMan2766 wrote:What is it about parents that they can't hang up the phone or leave the first time they say they are. A phone conversation with my mom always goes like this "Well, okay I'll let you go"...brings up 2 more topics...."Alright, I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'll talk to you later...you know what?"......

My mom will call to talk to me about something, then there's 45 seconds of silence, where I'm like, "okay..." and she goes "alright..." long pause "I'm playing this game on the computer." And then there's even more silence while she plays her game. And I get to the point, "okay, mom, I'll talk to you later." More silence. Then, "okay, all right." And then she'll finally say goodbye. Drives me nuts.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

joopen wrote:

Ugh. My dad is the same way. I have just taken to hanging up after He starts the first goodbye
lol she just did it again. Since my power was out I had food in her fridge waiting a few hours until mine cools enough. She called and said she'd bring it over, I said I will come get it. But she insisted. Bring the food over, goes in the basement for God knows what, 20 minutes later she leaves. Not 5 minutes after that I hear the doorbell again. She left the basement light on. Would you just call someone and let them know that??
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Funny. I almost hung up on my mom because she called me and started talking about random crap which I knew wasn't the reason she was calling me. Had to cut her off 4 times to finally get down to why she actually called me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

You guys are mean to your parents...
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Screwing a simple order at a Burger joint. How hard is to not include pickles or mustard? I usually leave something off an order on purpose in an insane attempt to get a fresher Burger.
Last edited by FreeCandy44 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:while on that subject, I hate Walgreens/CVS/RiteAid mainly because there are so many of them.
My Grandparents live in Florida. There are 4 Walgreens alone within the 5 miles between I-75 and their house.