Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by dman66 »

At last, also keep in mind the Flyers were not the NHL club with the highest offer - so it was not about money as some people stupidly claim time after time.
The only offer that was higher was supposedly a 6M deal from an unspecified NHL team. This was said by Svoboda. I cannot even find a link linking it to any NHL team. From the known offers, he took the highest available. Which is fine. Good for him, but he and Svoboda made a circus out of it which is the main issue.
in contrary to all the amazing hatred being directed towards him with little motivation.
You have obviously been a Pens fan for awhile, and I'm assuming a sports fan for a bit too. I just cannot believe that, while you hold the opposite stance of most on this issue, that you cannot see the reasoning why most Penguin fans would not like Jagr. That just blows my mind. And this doesn't take into account the constant sniping through the media of the Pens fans and the little Mario comments throughout the season.

I'm done with this today, but I'll say this. I respect Jagr for his time here. He gave his all and was one of the best players I have ever seen play the game. He never quit while he was on the Pens (the same can't be said when he was with the Caps). He and his agent handled last season's negotiations poorly, and not just with the Pens. His number may be retired one day, but he obviously doesn't care one way or the other about and still doesn't understand why Pens fans are hostile towards him.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

dman66 wrote:
At last, also keep in mind the Flyers were not the NHL club with the highest offer - so it was not about money as some people stupidly claim time after time.
The only offer that was higher was supposedly a 6M deal from an unspecified NHL team. This was said by Svoboda. I cannot even find a link linking it to any NHL team. From the known offers, he took the highest available. Which is fine. Good for him, but he and Svoboda made a circus out of it which is the main issue.
in contrary to all the amazing hatred being directed towards him with little motivation.
You have obviously been a Pens fan for awhile, and I'm assuming a sports fan for a bit too. I just cannot believe that, while you hold the opposite stance of most on this issue, that you cannot see the reasoning why most Penguin fans would not like Jagr. That just blows my mind. And this doesn't take into account the constant sniping through the media of the Pens fans and the little Mario comments throughout the season.
Yes, Lemieux and Jagr made me a Pens fan aprox 1994.

I can see the reasons for not liking Jagr - but these have nothing to do with last free agency which is what I am talking about here. I only confront bogus reasons to hate on Jagr - thats what I strive to balance out. I do not say people should love him.

What have Jagr said badly about Mario this season multiple times? I must have missed this. I would be upset if Jagr talked bad about Mario, thats for sure! But from what I saw Jagr only said good things about Lemieux and the Penguins even after eliminating them in the playoffs.
Last edited by Lesky on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Lesky... wasn't your stance also that Shero insulted Jagr with a low interview so it's really Shero's fault for this whole mess?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

bhaw wrote:Lesky... wasn't your stance also that Shero insulted Jagr with a low interview so it's really Shero's fault for this whole mess?
I have never issued any statements of that.

What I have said is that Shero never wanted Jagr and only made a low offer to look good towards the Pens fan base that wanted Jagr back.

The biggest idiots in this drama was the Pittsburgh media who claimed it was a done deal and made Pens fans believe Jagr had promised to come back or that the signing of a contract was imminent. That was complete bollocks on their part and they created the biggest reason why the Jagr hate took place with such passion.

Shero also backed out of his word when he removed the Jagr offer PRIOR to free agency starting, and some claim their was a deadline laid out for Jagr which he did not respect - which is totally false. Shere said clearly that there was no deadline.

I do not blame Shero for anything and I do not blame Jagr either, I blame the media. It would have been nice of Jagr to tell the Penguins he would not sign with them before going to to the Flyers - but I do not view this as something that motivates all the hatred spit on Jagr from Pens fans. Jagr made a choice, Shero made a choice - no reason to hate anybody.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Let's all remember that he owes his hockey career to Mario and he would play for him for league minimum right?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Lesky wrote:
bhaw wrote:Lesky... wasn't your stance also that Shero insulted Jagr with a low interview so it's really Shero's fault for this whole mess?
I have never issued any statements of that.

What I have said is that Shero never wanted Jagr and only made a low offer to look good towards the Pens fan base that wanted Jagr back.

The biggest idiots in this drama was the Pittsburgh media who claimed it was a done deal and made Pens fans believe Jagr had promised to come back or that the signing of a contract was imminent. That was complete bollocks on their part and they created the biggest reason why the Jagr hate took place with such passion.

Shero also backed out of his word when he removed the Jagr offer PRIOR to free agency starting, and some claim their was a deadline laid out for Jagr which he did not respect - which is totally false. Shere said clearly that there was no deadline.

I do not blame Shero for anything and I do not blame Jagr either, I blame the media. It would have been nice of Jagr to tell the Penguins he would not sign with them before going to to the Flyers - but I do not view this as something that motivates all the hatred spit on Jagr from Pens fans. Jagr made a choice, Shero made a choice - no reason to hate anybody.
I actually agree with a lot of this.
topshelf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by topshelf »

Lesky wrote:What have Jagr said badly about Mario this season multiple times? I must have missed this. I would be upset if Jagr talked bad about Mario, thats for sure! But from what I saw Jagr only said good things about Lemieux and the Penguins even after eliminating them in the playoffs.
He compared Giroux to Mario, that *******.

:wink:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

joopen wrote:Let's all remember that he owes his hockey career to Mario and he would play for him for league minimum right?
I guess he forgot to mention that only if he was able to get power play time, the keys to the rink for his after hours activities, Sids vacated apartment at Marios crib, an autographed Tyler Kennedy picture, and control of the thermostat in the locker room.

Jagr can suck it.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

topshelf wrote:
Lesky wrote:What have Jagr said badly about Mario this season multiple times? I must have missed this. I would be upset if Jagr talked bad about Mario, thats for sure! But from what I saw Jagr only said good things about Lemieux and the Penguins even after eliminating them in the playoffs.
He compared Giroux to Mario, that *******.

:wink:
Well, Jagr was clearly joking when he said that. In the next interview with him he was bending over laughing saying he could not understand the press thought he was serious with the Lemieux comparison :D Some people take that joke as an insult which is pretty sad.

Was it that joke dman66 mentioned as taking shots at Mario several times throughout the season? I mean I still have not getting that explained to me - and I thought I had followed Jagr closely, so I am curious about what that was all about.

Same with the "play for the league minimum" quote 3 years ago, Jagr said in 2012 that it was taken out of context, he was expressing his loyalty and praise for Mario and the comment was more of the sort he owed his career to Mario than it was true that he would acutally play for the league minimum. Also since the quote was said 3 years earlier when Jagr did not own a bancrupt hockey club, maybe Jagr did not need money as much back then? But still Jagr agreed it was maybe not the smartest thing for him to say and I agree with that.

The problem and also whats fun about Jagr is that he is joking all the time with the media, sometimes its hard to tell if he is serious or not.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Lesky, I understand he is one of your heros but he has handled himself really poorly when it cOmes to the Penguins. It started with dying alive. Then after he requested to be traded and the Penguins complied, he said something along the lines of making us pay for ever trading him. Are you kidding? YOU asked for the trade a-hole. Then the play for league minimum stuff. If you don't mean it then don't say it and say it so publicly. He is a two faced liar and a petulant child who pouts if he doesn't get his way. Sorry Lesky but as Penguins fans we have all the right in the world to think he is a grade A jagoff
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Any player that willfully signs with the Flyers deserves our scorn.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Any player that willfully signs with the Flyers deserves our scorn.
bingo. bango. bongo.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

canaan wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Any player that willfully signs with the Flyers deserves our scorn.
bingo. bango. bongo.
Bengo, bungo, and sometimes byngo.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

joopen wrote:Lesky, I understand he is one of your heros but he has handled himself really poorly when it cOmes to the Penguins. It started with dying alive. Then after he requested to be traded and the Penguins complied, he said something along the lines of making us pay for ever trading him. Are you kidding? YOU asked for the trade a-hole. Then the play for league minimum stuff. If you don't mean it then don't say it and say it so publicly. He is a two faced liar and a petulant child who pouts if he doesn't get his way. Sorry Lesky but as Penguins fans we have all the right in the world to think he is a grade A jagoff
I have never said anyone does not have the right to hate Jagr - but I have protested only with hating him for what happened in 2011, not any of the other stuff you mention. I barely understood english when that happened, so I have no way of knowing what took place back in 2000-2001. The only thing I know is when Jagr said he was "dying alive" he said that because he was playing so poorly at the moment. Obviously Jagr made the biggest mistake of his life when asked for a trade since his career went in the trashcan with the Capitals.

Still, it looks like Jagr has changed a lot since 2000, but I understand some people want to live in the past or at least want the past to overshadow whatever is present.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Hey, Cookie ... if Jagr doesn't sign with Philly, think the Pens should make an offer?

Duper? What do you think?

Flower? Would you like ... Ok, then ...

Geno, how about the Pens sign Jagr?

Sid ... Sid ... Got a question for you ... Um ... never mind
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

^^ I lol'd.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Is there even a remote chance that this thread will reach 268 pages before free agency?

Personally I do not see it happening, unless I spam more than usual!
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Lesky wrote:Is there even a remote chance that this thread will reach 268 pages before free agency?

I think it is guarenteed it will be over 268

:slug:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

JeffDFD wrote:
Lesky wrote:Is there even a remote chance that this thread will reach 268 pages before free agency?

Last year it was in the general Penguins forum and not NPR. Thus Jagr watch will be slower here :)

I am not even sure there will be a Jagr watch here since Svoboda won´t talk about the Penguins this year I presume?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Lesky wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:

Last year it was in the general Penguins forum and not NPR. Thus Jagr watch will be slower here :)

I am not even sure there will be a Jagr watch here since Svoboda won´t talk about the Penguins this year I presume?
My comment and :slug: was in reference to the fact that we are already on page 360...and 360 > 268.

/Type-o police
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Apparently Jay Feaster in Calgary is interested in making a pitch for Jagr. It would be interesting to see what Feaster is willing to offer Jagr. If he offers Jaromir a contract that's like 4 million for the year, I could see Jagr going there. Now, this rumour was posted on CNNSI.com, so take it for what it is.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

I think it would be cool to have two threads in two different forums that said the exact same thing. :slug:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tico Rick wrote:I think it would be cool to have two threads in two different forums that said the exact same thing. :slug:
Its so cool you´ve checked both threads 8-)
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

:thumb:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pierre LeBrun on Twitter:
Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda says he expects to talk with the Flyers today...
Are they trying to deny us Jagr watch 2012? :pop: