Pure Hockey(Neville Is.) opens tomorrow 20% off till 8/12

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Pure Hockey(Neville Is.) opens tomorrow 20% off till 8/12

Post by ajh2298 »

They just updated there Facebook page 12:00 tomorrow the Neville island location will open. Free t-shirts while supplies last with any purchase plus 20% off purchases till 8/12/12. Address is 6104 Grand Avenue.

http://www.purehockey.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

p.s.
Anybody needing to purchase a new stick they do offer $15.00 for any broken composite stick when you purchase a new one. With the extra 20% off that could be some decent discounts.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Pure Hockey(Neville Is.) opens tomorrow 20% off till 8/1

Post by JS© »

Pair of shorts and a Purehockey shirt for $12? Not bad.

For those heading down there, the store is in back of the building. Pulled in, saw the Penguins stuff on the upper windows with no store front and got somewhat confused.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I will be making a trip in the next couple of days probably.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Are the prices on their site similar to the prices in the store?

I've been trying to find a cheap composite stick, but pretty much everywhere I look, they're all brand new and over $100. I can't justify spending that much on a composite that'll probably break in 3 games (the way I play).
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Then use a wooden stick son.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Rylan wrote:Then use a wooden stick son.
I've used 2. There's no flex.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

MRandall25 wrote:Are the prices on their site similar to the prices in the store?

I've been trying to find a cheap composite stick, but pretty much everywhere I look, they're all brand new and over $100. I can't justify spending that much on a composite that'll probably break in 3 games (the way I play).

It looked like Pure Hockey had none of the lower end stuff. Look for the Easton 55S's ($50) and the Warrior Esquire($50) at Total Hockey in Robinson or Cranberry. They seem to have a better selection of the lower end stuff. Also try the Easton 65S they are $80 and I love mine or the Easton Mako M-1($70) my son has one and loves it.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

I was the first customer at the store I was looking for a pair of red and white Bauer gloves that they have on their website for $36.00 but they didnt have any in the store. I just ended up buying a roll of tape and a water bottle.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Yea I have a low end warrior that I like. I treat my sticks like royalty so I don't mind spending a little bit more money.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

MRandall25 wrote: I can't justify spending that much on a composite that'll probably break in 3 games (the way I play).

Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

:lol:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I gotta ask how you're going through a stick every 3 games? I've used four different Eastons (SE16, S17, and two Stealth RS's), and even with some people taking chops at me, none are even remotely close to breaking.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

MRandall I buy in the $100 range as I break lots of sticks as well...you can usually find good deals on older models of top tier sticks at total hockey.com with free shipping over $79
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

JS© wrote:I gotta ask how you're going through a stick every 3 games? I've used four different Eastons (SE16, S17, and two Stealth RS's), and even with some people taking chops at me, none are even remotely close to breaking.
I haven't been because I don't buy them. I play beginner (which is like D league). The majority of the players can't skate well and my poke checks are pretty damn forceful. I've already broken 2 other people's sticks trying to poke the puck up the ice (did I mention we rarely get resurfacing?). Going with the "no one can skate" thing, they pretty much step on my stick or fall on top of it.

I would definitely buy an SE16 though. Used one once and it was probably the sturdiest composite stick I've held. Problem is I can't really find them, and when I do, they don't have the Sakic/Hall curve.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

What about a Stealth RS for $70 with a free shirt? Shipping included.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EASTON-STEALTH- ... 713wt_1139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have two of these and I couldn't be happier. Both are 85s, although the Letang seems to be a little whippier than the Park.

edit: nevermind. Ye old bait and switch is in effect. Once you put in your specs, it jumps to $249.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I was at total hockey in Robinson today and traded in a stick and bought a bunch of stuff. I then trekked to Pure Hockey to check it aht. Question:: does total hockey give you $10 for a stick no matter what or do you have to use it towards another stick? Pure Hockey gives $15 for broken sticks but it's only towards another stick.

I was impress with total's store. Almost too much to look through.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

jimjom wrote:I was at total hockey in Robinson today and traded in a stick and bought a bunch of stuff. I then trekked to Pure Hockey to check it aht. Question:: does total hockey give you $10 for a stick no matter what or do you have to use it towards another stick? Pure Hockey gives $15 for broken sticks but it's only towards another stick.

I was impress with total's store. Almost too much to look through.

They both as far as I know make you use the stick credit towards another stick. I know Total Hockey will give you a $10.00 Gift Card if you bring in a broken stick after you already bought one without a stick credit if you show them the original receipt, and than you can use that $10.00 towards anything in the store.

I also like Total Hockey a lot better than Pure Hockey they seem to carry a lot more of the low to mid end stuff that Pure Hockey wont even stock. Plus Total Hockey was smart enough to hire some woman that are not bad to look at.