NHL Awards 2012

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL Awards 2012

Post by Rylan »

If anyone decides to find Geno's speech on youtube (or post it on youtube) that would be dandy.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Geno needs invited to throw out the first pitch at a Pirates game soon. Preferably Saturday.
Might as well suit him up and have him throw 6 innings.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Rylan im on my phone so cant post but I just watched it on youtube. Believe I just searched NHL Awards 2012
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Rylan wrote:If anyone decides to find Geno's speech on youtube (or post it on youtube) that would be dandy.
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Thanks. The Sarge shout-out was really cool. Malkin's seemingly genuine nature is a huge reason why he is easy to root for and a big part as to why I never want to see him in anything other than the black and gold.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

))))))))))))))))
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Malkin has won the Calder, Art Ross, Lindsay, Hart, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup. Not bad for a lazy Russian.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I saw on twitter that the pirates organization congratulated Evgeni; I often wonder why Gene and Sid don't get the call for 1st pitch. :)

the nhl awards are 1 time when ron maclean and canada does it best! Send back to Toronto.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Malkin has won the Calder, Art Ross, Lindsay, Hart, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup. Not bad for a lazy Russian.
Definitely awesome, and he's only going to be 26. Still plenty of time to add to his trophy case.

I remember when edog wanted to trade him because he couldn't learn English in a month.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

newarenanow wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Malkin has won the Calder, Art Ross, Lindsay, Hart, Conn Smythe, and Stanley Cup. Not bad for a lazy Russian.
Definitely awesome, and he's only going to be 26. Still plenty of time to add to his trophy case.

I remember when edog wanted to trade him because he couldn't learn English in a month.
To be fair, its now 6 years. :pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:
That's pretty funny.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Finally saw the Ray Liotta - Tim Thomas joke. It didn't exactly go over very well, did it?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I DVR'd the awards show, but was flipping back and forth to it while watching other stuff with my wife.

I saw one of the Shannahan skits and a few other things. It is obvious that the show is second rate, but I think they really don't care. Was there anything that stood out, or was it just like other years. A crappy production and semi funny to unfunny jokes with hosts not being able to pronounce the players names, but for a hockey fan, just seeing who gets the awards is enough to satisfy them.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

He's so funny. I burst out laughing along with the audience when he said he may as well read the same speech again.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

And yet there are some people who think trading him would be a good idea. :face:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

llipgh2 wrote:Finally saw the Ray Liotta - Tim Thomas joke. It didn't exactly go over very well, did it?
What was it?

It figures that the only time something worthwhile happened on the show and I was in the kitchen away from the TV.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

JS© wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:Finally saw the Ray Liotta - Tim Thomas joke. It didn't exactly go over very well, did it?
What was it?

It figures that the only time something worthwhile happened on the show and I was in the kitchen away from the TV.
Liotta said "We were going to ask Tim Thomas to help present the Vezina, but we'd have to wait 12 months before we could award it."

"crickets"
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

llipgh2 wrote:
JS© wrote:
What was it?

Liotta said "We were going to ask Tim Thomas to help present the Vezina, but we'd have to wait 12 months before we could award it."

"crickets"
I almost thought he was gonna make a "Lundqvist is a Democrat" joke.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

llipgh2 wrote:
JS© wrote:
What was it?

"crickets"
Wow, thats not funny. It was Liotta making the attempt though, so the effort was as expected...poor.