Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:People being overly anal about bare feet.
Hey it's not my feet that are touching the petri dish floor that thousands of other travelers are treading upon as well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

aren't hand dirtier than feet? You touch door knobs and such all day....people need to chillax.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I had basically this same conversation at work yesterday....I'm thinking a lot of people must have gross feet and that's why they're weird about feet. If my feet were gross, or were around people with gross feet, i'd be different.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:I had basically this same conversation at work yesterday....I'm thinking a lot of people must have gross feet and that's why they're weird about feet. If my feet were gross, or were around people with gross feet, i'd be different.
I actually have pretty clean/normal looking feet. Although on a side note, nothing is more disgusting than women that wear flip flops and they have those yellow, dry, nasty looking heels.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Overheard from the woman on the other side of the cubicle wall, on the phone:

" I have buns of steel on VHS."

Also something about something she had to pee out.

Is this maybe a conversation you could have someplace more private?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

People who think we should trade Malkin.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

When someone makes a big deal about how they are no longer going to post on a message board only to return. Especially if someone does this multiple times. :pop:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

the use of IMHO. i hate looking at it. i hate sounding it out in my head. i hate that you would never hear someone say it out loud in conversation. i hate that it implies using just IMO is arrogant. it just annoys me.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

people in fantasy baseball that say they're open to giving up 2 guys for 1 as if that's a sweetener. it almost always means they have multiple guys that are too good to drop but aren't really that good. in my league that's generally the case with all the teams. we'd all love to trade 2 adequate guys (one of which is usually riding the bench) for one guy that's better than either of them.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

LeopardLetang wrote:the use of IMHO. i hate looking at it. i hate sounding it out in my head. i hate that you would never hear someone say it out loud in conversation. i hate that it implies using just IMO is arrogant. it just annoys me.
Very good one. I hate that. Also, people at a convenient store or like a Rite Aide who put all their shizz up on the counter in front of the cashier then go shopping for more.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

Opposing teams fans throwing back home run balls.... your not chicago, this isn't 1987. You're an idiot. Take the major league baseball you caught in the stands and give it to a nephew or something.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

"The fake cough"
I hate it when I enter the restroom at my work place to take a leak or wash my hands and if someone is taking a dump in a 3 toilet bathroom they do that "fake cough" to let you know that they are in there? anyone know what im talking about? lol
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:"The fake cough"
I hate it when I enter the restroom at my work place to take a leak or wash my hands and if someone is taking a dump in a 3 toilet bathroom they do that "fake cough" to let you know that they are in there? anyone know what im talking about? lol
I am guilty of the fake cough while at work, though for good reason. On roughly 2 or 3 occasions, I have been in the bathroom, doing what needed to be done, someone came in, did their thing, and shut the lights out on me mid poop. Was not happy about it any time it happened. I guess that is what happens when you work with a bunch of tree huggers.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

There is a younger guy at my apartment complex who will park in his parking spot with RAP music BLASTING, leave his car running while he runs into his apartment to get something, this could last 10 minutes. I have my windows, balcony door open and I could be watching tv or a movie and all I hear is RAP muisc since my place faces the parking lot. I seriuosly want to walk down, open his car door and turn it off.
- I think he is moving and I cant wait to get my own house.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

When I am going to use the urinal and there is someone in there pooping, I constantly flush the urinal to have the noise of the water running to eliminate the awkward silence.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

This annoys me as well. I understand why it's done in theory, but it still annoys me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:There is a younger guy at my apartment complex who will park in his parking spot with RAP music BLASTING, leave his car running while he runs into his apartment to get something, this could last 10 minutes. I have my windows, balcony door open and I could be watching tv or a movie and all I hear is RAP muisc since my place faces the parking lot. I seriuosly want to walk down, open his car door and turn it off.
- I think he is moving and I cant wait to get my own house.
Egg his car. As soon as he runs inside. I doubt anyone would question it.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I'll take a fake cough rather than unintentional flatulence.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Being served flaccid bacon at restaurants.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Every day, I notice perfectly able-bodied adults using the big handicap button on the wall to have the front doors of our office building automatically open to let their lazy sloth body through. How hard is it to open a door?
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

shafnutz05 wrote:Every day, I notice perfectly able-bodied adults using the big handicap button on the wall to have the front doors of our office building automatically open to let their lazy sloth body through. How hard is it to open a door?
I do this at my office purely out of germ-avoidance. One too many times I yanked the door open by the handle and it felt disgustingly grimy. I'm not even a germ-o-phobe either....but the handle was THAT disgusting. So I'd rather hit that button with my hip and not have to touch what I am convinced is covered in typhoid and poop.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

interestingly enough, i get mad when my handles dont have enough typhoid and poop smeared on them. cada uno a su gusto, as they say south of the border.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

60sixx wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Every day, I notice perfectly able-bodied adults using the big handicap button on the wall to have the front doors of our office building automatically open to let their lazy sloth body through. How hard is it to open a door?
I do this at my office purely out of germ-avoidance. One too many times I yanked the door open by the handle and it felt disgustingly grimy. I'm not even a germ-o-phobe either....but the handle was THAT disgusting. So I'd rather hit that button with my hip and not have to touch what I am convinced is covered in typhoid and poop.
Your word of the day is fomite.
60sixx
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by 60sixx »

Shyster wrote:Your word of the day is fomite.
Now there's a page I didn't need to read. NECKTIES?

Maybe I *am* a germophobe. <sigh>
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

People who leave extremely long voicemails.