Where my fellow cooks at???

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Where my fellow cooks at???

Post by Godric »

tifosi77 wrote:Boar Burgers
WOW! THOSE LOOK AWESOME

Tif I am coming to your house for dinner :lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'm imaging my dog going all super-primal (and attacking me), if I cooked some boar in the kitchen.

Those do look good.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

tifosi77 wrote:Boar Burgers

1.0 with Fennel & Onion Compote with Shish-itos and Red Jalapenos, Queso Cabrales, Topped with a Fried Quail Egg

2.0 with Fennel-Onion-Tomato Compote Flavored with Ginger and Cardamom, Topped with Queso Manchego
Drooool
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

I forgot to add that Boar Burger 2.0 was cooked in rendered bacon fat and topped with said bacon.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

mac5155 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
mac5155 wrote:cant go wrong with buffalo chicken dip

I've never made it. Is there a way to make it like real good?
It's pretty easy. I think its like 2 cans of chicken, some cream cheese, franks red hot.. my sister uses some ranch dressing in it too I think. The recipe is on the can of chicken and it is very easy to make. Its basically combine everything in a pot and cook.
The wife uses that recipe and she loves it. its not my cup of tea, but she gorges
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Tifosi, do you catalog your recipes with the accompanying pictures?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I asked my sister and she said the recipe calls for bleu cheese dressing and thats where she subs in the ranch. I prefer ranch anyway.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

canaan wrote:Tifosi, do you catalog your recipes with the accompanying pictures?
Pretty much, yeah.

About two years ago, I had a hard drive failure (pre-Carbonite account......) and lost probably close to 300 notes, recipes and menus and whatnot. I've built a goodly number of those back up, but I still waived bye-bye to probably 100 or so files. For the past several years I've wanted to put together a cookbook for some friends, maybe 60-70 recipes, to give out as Christmas presents. But I always find a reason to put it off.

Journaling is also vitally important. I also maintain a scratch pad when I am conceptualizing a dish where I write stuff out in my own personal shorthand. Each dish usually takes 1-2 pages to write out, then I use a hockey puck to trace circles where I draw plating ideas. (This part is especially important to me, cos I have a pretty poor natural plating aesthetic; I have to really work at it.) Then I have a page or two of notes/critiques after we have the dish.

I call my journal "Gastronomicon". :lol:
stinky
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by stinky »

tifosi77 wrote:
canaan wrote:Tifosi, do you catalog your recipes with the accompanying pictures?
Pretty much, yeah.

About two years ago, I had a hard drive failure (pre-Carbonite account......) and lost probably close to 300 notes, recipes and menus and whatnot. I've built a goodly number of those back up, but I still waived bye-bye to probably 100 or so files. For the past several years I've wanted to put together a cookbook for some friends, maybe 60-70 recipes, to give out as Christmas presents. But I always find a reason to put it off.

Journaling is also vitally important. I also maintain a scratch pad when I am conceptualizing a dish where I write stuff out in my own personal shorthand. Each dish usually takes 1-2 pages to write out, then I use a hockey puck to trace circles where I draw plating ideas. (This part is especially important to me, cos I have a pretty poor natural plating aesthetic; I have to really work at it.) Then I have a page or two of notes/critiques after we have the dish.

Please send me a thumb drive of said recipes good sir! I will pay most handsomely! :wink:
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The Gastronomicon... The book of the fed!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i would probably disht out some ducats to tifosi for a pdf/book of said information.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

tifosi77 wrote:
Pretty much, yeah.

Do you still happen to have that Hard Drive?

We might be able to work something out if you do...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Froggy wrote:The Gastronomicon... The book of the fed!
Froggy, that name Woks!!!
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

canaan wrote:i would probably disht out some ducats to tifosi for a pdf/book of said information.
I heard he accepts BitCoin..
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

tifosi77 wrote:
Pretty much, yeah.

You should throw those up on shutterfly and make yourself a nice book. I'd buy one, I quite enjoy looking over your stuff, would rather be eating it, but beggars can't be choosers as they say.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Tifosi should probably just do the logical thing and move to Pittsburgh, where he will play host for a select table of LGP sophisticates (and myself)
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Do you still happen to have that Hard Drive?

We might be able to work something out if you do...
I do, but it's a mechanical failure; the drive takes power and spins up, but it just make a ticking noise and the platter never engages (or whatever the term is). Been told it's like a several thousand dollar fix that involves physically disassembling and reassembling the drive.

But I'm willing to talk. :wink:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

For Father's Day dinner, I just started a crock pot of country style ribs.

The them sit in mesquite seasoning all night with some garlic powder, dash of Italian seasoning, and a very little bit of cumin.

Put 2 sliced jalepnos on the bottom of the crock pot and cooking the ribs with some apple juice, BBQ sauce (Baby Ray's Sweet n Spicy), and a few dashes of Worcestershire, soy sauce, and horseradish mustard. Cooking on low for 10 hours.

Will update on delicious factor at 6ish tonight (PST).
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Watermelon and Tomato Skewers (Jose Andres)

Pork Tenderloin with Jalapeno Emulsion and Gingered Carrot & Edamame Salad
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Mmmmm...squid:
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... d#p2133413" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Made chicken kabobs with mushrooms onions and peppers, with grilled potato wedges and corn on the cob

Will post pix tomorrow
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Menu for tonight: Pulled pork butt sandwiches, homemade coleslaw (vinegar based, not mayo based), quick pickles, and kettle chips. definitely says summer to me.
Last edited by count2infinity on Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

^^^ tifosi77 like this.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

So, sort of by mistake, I bought some chicken thighs. I don't know what to do with them. Im a breast man (giggity)

I'm thinking chicken and gravy over biscuits maybe?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

as a true american redneck, you have to have a smoker, yes? smoked chicken thighs are my favorite. Just add some wing sauce and you've got a winner.